Are INFJs really that rare? | INFJ Forum

Are INFJs really that rare?

Majesty

:)
Aug 17, 2010
MBTI
ENTP
Sorry if a thread like this was already made.

Do you think INFJs are really that rare?

I don't think so.

There is no "true" way to tell what types are more rare then others in an exact order. The reason for this is you would need to type everyone on the entire planet more or less to get an accurate picture. Different cultures, socieities and countries have different groupings of different types. That and it is diffucult to accurately test a person to figure out what their type is (proof of this being is many people do not introspect enough to give an accurate self assessment).

However, I do hold the notion that INFJ's are certainly less common then SJ types which seem to be the most commonly encountered in the real world. I am less inclined to think that INFJ's are the rarest though. If I were forced to choose which type would be the rarest I would guess ENTJ, but I am not entirely confidant in that statement either.

Royal said:
I don't think so.

Why?

I'm not an INFJ, I don't care. But ENTJ would probably be the rarest type.

Out of everyone I've typed, ENFJ is the most common next to INFJ.

Strange huh.

Out of everyone I've typed, ENFJ is the most common next to INFJ.

Strange huh.
You must surround yourself with awesome people.

Reactions: 1 person
Seriously, its like this is such a big deal. Do we really need to know? adding this only puts more bias to tests. I am perfectly happy as an individual and no matter how many INFP's there are, I am me.

Seriously, its like this is such a big deal. Do we really need to know? adding this only puts more bias to tests. I am perfectly happy as an individual and no matter how many INFP's there are, I am me.

Honestly, it doesn't matter. You are who you are, and we should take comfort that there's no one like US on the planet. We're all rare, if you really stop to think about it.

People want to feel special.
If those 4 letters make you feel special, awesome for you.

You're bad at typing and they're ESFJs and ISFJs.

I don't personally type. They type themselves via a test I force them to do.

You must surround yourself with awesome people.

In all honesty I get on with N types much better than my fellow S's. I feel a lot more in tune with them too, even though there are obvious differences.

In all honesty I get on with N types much better than my fellow S's. I feel a lot more in tune with them too, even though there are obvious differences.
That's kind of funny. Most of my friends are S types, as is a very large majority of my family. For some reason I tend to fit in better with them. Perhaps it's just conditioning from experience?

That's kind of funny. Most of my friends are S types, as is a very large majority of my family. For some reason I tend to fit in better with them. Perhaps it's just conditioning from experience?

This is rather interesting. Do you think that maybe you could be an E if either you got on with your own kind better or more from the other side got on better with you?

I reckon I could be at least more extraverted if either of these were so. Hell if I got on with most S's I have no doubt I'd be more outgoing.

This is rather interesting. Do you think that maybe you could be an E if either you got on with your own kind better or more from the other side got on better with you?

I reckon I could be at least more extraverted if either of these were so. Hell if I got on with most S's I have no doubt I'd be more outgoing.

Heh, I actually thought for a while that my "introversion" came from my not finding enough ground with other people to want to talk with them.

Regarding rarity of INFJs, I think that
-extroverts, being extroverts, are overrepresented
-INFJs tend to mistype as something else quite frequently

People want to feel special.
If those 4 letters make you feel special, awesome for you.
I love my E, my N, my F and my P very much.
I even bought a thing like this
gold_and_green_alphabet_banner_poster-p228154101477013890trma_400.jpg

And drew hearts on e, n, f and p. It must really suck to be a INFJ. At least you still have N and F, that's not too bad.

Yeah like someone on the thread and I forgot who said, it must be really hard to make the official statistics because so many people doubt their type and everything, and way too many IxFx really want to be T and all... and INFJ has no reason to be rare. xP

@Kaze: I don't think extroverts really are overrated overrepresentated and all that. It's most likely 50/50 I/E and being an extrovert sucks anyways, anyone wanna trade :eek:

Reactions: KazeCraven