Can anyone recommend a good windows tablet?

Eventhorizon

Permanently relocated
Banned
MBTI
INTJ
I know "good" and "windows" dont often occupy the same space but...

Anyway I am looking at getting a windows tablet primarily to catch up with the Windows 8 platform of which I have little if any knowledge. I have been out of my career for 2 years now and its only obvious that keeping up to date (hands on) with the newest OS makes sense.

So I tried the Dell Venue Pro11 but sent it back. Nice but the touch screen interface left a lot to be desired. Any one else have experience with another company?

Ahh...I intended for this to be in the Science and Tech thread. But now that I think of it, looking for a good tablet has turned out to be somewhat of a religious experience...

The problem is that windows tablets tend to be either cheap, but rubbish or excellent, but very expensive. The Asus is supposed to be good enough and not too costly (around $350 or so).

how much change you willing to drop? Once you give a price range, then we can make better recommendations.

Also, why on earth is this in Philosophy & Religion?

The problem is that windows tablets tend to be either cheap, but rubbish or excellent, but very expensive. The Asus is supposed to be good enough and not too costly (around $350 or so).

agreed. The Surface 2 Pro (not that RT crap) is an excellent machine as well, but so expensive. I like those convertible tablet/laptops though. I'm not much of a tablet person.

And Windows 8 is nothing super special, so meh.

Not sure how it ended up in religion. Requirements are that it have an hd out(of some type possible) ill occasionally want to use it with the TV. Not willing to spend more than 600. The Dell venue 11 was probably perfect but its touch screen was horrible plus none of the keyboards for it got good reviews. For the short time I had it I was not impressed with Windows 8. However if I do get another job in my career Ill need to have some knowledge of it. Even if its not their main work computer, most people will have a tablet and the only real business oriented tablets are windows tablets for now.

Last edited:
In 10 years... -.-

[video=youtube;hShY6xZWVGE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hShY6xZWVGE[/video]

Back