Can you suggest slow moving INFJ friendly films?

Orlando

MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5/4
I know there's been a similar thread opened before, but still...

Can you give me some suggestions of INFJ-friendly movies, that are slow moving, have a nice scenery in them, show real life, and are absent in violence, heavy drama, action or complex plots?

Like I really like "River runs through it", "Bridges of Madison County", "Spring Summer Fall Winter... and Spring", "The Horse Whisperer", "Samsara" and would like to see more films that have a similar feel to them.

Thank you! :)

Some of these are out of publication; Chocolate, The Snow Walker, Wind Walker, Where the River Runs Black, Emerald Forest, Last of the Dog Men, The Man from Snowy River, Frequency, The Mormon Missionaries, Harold and Maude, Mr. Beans Holiday. I'm adding to this list as I think of them.

Last edited:
One of my all time favorite movies is Stalker by Andrei Tarkovsky, based of the book Roadside Picnic by the Strugatsky brothers (famous Russian sci-fi authors). It's a very slow moving piece (not very sci-fi) about three men who enter into "the Zone" - a cordoned off area where nature has retaken the world. It has some incredibly scenery, and one of the best atmospheres of any film I've ever seen (in no small part to the amazing soundtrack). This film can be very philosophically deep if you want it to be, or it can give you a very relaxing sense of wonder. If you like this then I would also recommend watching Solaris by the same director.

Another movie I would highly recommend watching is 5 Centimeters Per Second. It's an animated film, but it has some of the most beautiful movie scenery - it's completely gorgeous. It was made by a pretty small production team so there's not a lot of complex movement - which gives it a very relaxed and deep feeling. It is somewhat sad, but it's not complex or hard to follow. From the Wiki: "The title 5 Centimeters Per Second comes from the speed at which cherry blossom petals fall, petals being a metaphorical representation of humans, reminiscent of the slowness of life and how people often start together but slowly drift into their separate ways." It's a very beautiful movie, and if you like it, the other movies by the director Shinkai Makoto are also good, such as The Place Promised in Our Early Days. If you like anime, the movies by Studio Ghibli and especially director Miyazaki Hayao are some of the best, and I would recommend My Neighbor Totoro for a heartwarming, beautiful, and simple story.

I like the Zach Braff movie "Garden State" because of it's slow moving story telling, and him being INFJ'ie in it. Very cool and melancholy theme as well. It's probably the best thing he'll ever do in my opinion..

Also, Punch Drunk Love with Adam Sandler (not your regular Sandler movie) is a great slow moving INFJ'ie tale of love and right vs. wrong

Of comedies I think "I Love You, Man" fits the bill, along with "Funny People" .. The latter one is terribly underrated in my opinion.

Seven Years in Tibet, Gandhi, The Rainmaker, Friend Green Tomatoes and if you're looking for Sci Fi then, Moon.

Drag me to hell
Evil Dead 2
Dawn of the Dead
Lord of the Rings
Fright night
The Thing
My cousin Vinny
Conan
American Psycho

Last edited:
Bottle Shock (arrogance gives way to humility and love)
The Milagro Beanfield War (INFJ justice surfaces in a surprising way among a poor community in CA)
Marilyn Hotchkiss Ballroom Dancing and Charm School (introverts find themselves through music)

Little Buddha (takes place in present day starting in Seattle WA)
Secondhand Lions
Don Juan DeMarco

The last 3 movies take place both in present time and in imaginary (sort of) times and the scenery is fantastic. Love is woven all throughout the movies.

Forgot to add The Red Violin...

The Secret Window

I know there's been a similar thread opened before, but still...

Can you give me some suggestions of INFJ-friendly movies, that are slow moving, have a nice scenery in them, show real life, and are absent in violence, heavy drama, action or complex plots?

Like I really like "River runs through it", "Bridges of Madison County", "Spring Summer Fall Winter... and Spring", "The Horse Whisperer", "Samsara" and would like to see more films that have a similar feel to them.

Thank you! :)

This is what INFJ's like in movies? (I may need to ask someone to prove their INFJ-ness.. [MENTION=2890]Lerxst[/MENTION]...)

This is what INFJ's like in movies? (I may need to ask someone to prove their INFJ-ness.. @Lerxst...)

Just because I actually liked Snakes on a Plane?! :D

Just because I actually liked Snakes on a Plane?! :D

No, more because you like Die Hard and other "action" movies that really are little else besides action.

"Fried Green Tomatoes"

"A Little Princess"

"Babette's Feast"

Someone mentioned "Amelie"--yes, definitely.

Last edited:
Back