Concerts or Music Festivals

Galileo

Donor
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
The Challenger
Just curious as to which you prefer?

I personally love music festivals, especially if it's for a particular style that I like. I've just come back from the Blue Mountains Blues and Roots festival with the likes of Justin Towns Earle, Tim O'Brian, Band of Brothers and Krooked Still.

There's a real wonderful atmosphere at festivals. Even though it was muddy, wet and generally horrible today, everyone was happy, friendly and helpful to one another.
I just liked the vibe a lot more than say, a concert by one artist, where everyone is generally more serious.

Concerts. I love going into a big dark cave and acting like a primitive infront of a fire. So far Kiss and Motley Crue have provided the most impressive fires for my money.

A combination of the two.

In my case, there is a HUGE Christian Music festival featuring ten of the hottest artists/bands, called Winter Jam.
It's BEYOND amazing, and I have gone almost every year for the past 7-8 years.

I've never been to a music festival, and I have only been to one concert. I really enjoyed the concert I went to, even though it was very very small. Music is very important to me, so if I like the band I will get totally into it regardless of what's going on.

I would like to go to a music festival. However, most of the bands I listen to would not preform at one, so it would be very hard for me to find one. I would likely have fun at an electronic music festival, however there are none that are held even somewhat close to where I live (Montana is not known for it's music scene, haha). I am just hesitant because there is so much going on at a festival, and I fear that I would lose my stuff, and that there would just be "too many things" going on that I couldn't plan. It might be stressful for me. Nevertheless, if it was the right music, at the right time, with the right people, I'm sure I would have a BLAST. It's on my list of things to try before I die. ...maybe with an elicit substance too!

I don't think I've ever been to a music festival but apparently I'm missing out.

Edit: Holy crap, Tim O' Brian, seriously? The same Tim O' Brian who won the nobel prize and wrote "The Things We Carried" Tim O' Brian?!?!

edit: Holy crap, Tim O' Brian, seriously? The same Tim O' Brian who won the nobel prize and wrote "The Things We Carried" Tim O' Brian?!?!

somehow I don't think so! haha.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8_sW-8jcNs"]YouTube - Tim o'Brian 09[/ame]
this tim o'brian. sorry I couldn't find a better sounding video.

Concerts. I love cramped stages and lots of people who are into the music!

I tend to like concerts mainly because I tend to be picky in what I like musically, I like a little of everything but I only like what I consider to be the "pinnacle" of those genres. Most genres that I have a large interest in aren't the kind to have "festivals" anyway, most festivals seems to be indy bands. I would love to see a jazz festival or an EBM festival I suppose.

Well I've been to both. I've been to a ton of concerts and I loved it because I could go and see the band and their opening act of my choice and get a full experience from that. I've been to Vans Warped Tour a few times now when they were in Calgary and I like the atmosphere of that a lot too. I love being outside and listening to music and seeing all the different people, etc.

Those where females jump on stage and get naked...

Seriously though, it depends what I'm in the mood for. Concerts are more intimate, yet festivals have more variety.

I've been to a lot of both and eventually decided I don't really like either. I get annoyed by the crowds and seating but more than that the music almost never sounds as good as it does at home. It's so sad to see your favorite band and think they sound terrible live.

I do really enjoy seeing djs & electronic acts in club venues. The music sounds much better and everyone comes to dance. It's a very different vibe from concerts or music festivals. I love it. Its rare though for big acts to come to my area. The closest most come is NYC which about 3 hours away and my favorites don't always stop there when touring.

I want to go to a festival like Glastonbury across the pond. I like both but during festivals, it can be hard if you don't have money because you have to carry a bunch of crap around all day while in mosh pits.

Music Fests.

I love the idea of part of a town or city being closed off and dedicated to music. All those people just there for the music. It's such a great feeling to be around that. Plus you get to hear a variety of music and usually end up discovering a new band you never would have learned about otherwise.

Back