Drenth's INFP

knight in battle

MBTI
INFJ
Drenth's INFP Theory: http://personalityjunkie.com/the-infp/

I find myself adhering to bits and pieces of the INFP framework. But as I examined major points of the described lifestyle, I noticed that I live in a very different world than my INFP cousins (if they may be called such).

We can better understand INFPs’ relationship to their lower stack by examining their attitudes toward STJ types, those who embody the more conscious version of INFPs’ tertiary Te and inferior Si. In many regards, INFPs struggle with STJs more than they do with other types. To an INFP, STJs can seem excessively anal, rigid, authoritarian, and closed-minded.
I am positively sure that I get along quite well with my left-brained ESTJ friend. The mutual delight of sharing between Te/Si and Ni/Fe is simply indescribable. Left and left go together better than you think, especially when it comes to orderly communications that are psychologically complementary in texture. (In a different way I enjoy the generally uplifting tendency of our INFJ Collective - with our mutual support, tolerance, and differentiation - writing out and corresponding about our issues.)

As much as I misunderstand and dislike my ISTJ friend's rigidity and closedness, there's very little else that particularly threatening about him, since we process time and space in similar ways.

Because of they of their genuine interest in and easy way with people, others may suddenly find themselves disclosing a wealth of personal intimacies to the INFP. Hence, INFPs may serve as a veritable dumping grounds for others’ emotional problems, even those of complete strangers. Forced to carry the weight of others’ emotions, as well as their own, some INFPs can have a tragic or melancholic air about them.
I also see that very rarely do people disclose themselves at length with me. Moreover, I am not open enough to most people in order to show such extensive warmth and receptivity.

"The weight of others' emotions", while felt in me when there is familial or group disharmony, rarely concerns me, except for the most intimate of friends or particular individuals in front of me whom I am trying to guide.

Are you actually INFP?

I hate this description. I'm talking more about the link rather than the bits you quoted. And I get along fine with STJs.

You know me somewhat Knight...based on what you know so far...which I know is somewhat limited, and also taking into account that fact we haven't met IRL...give me your diagnosis.

You know me somewhat Knight...based on what you know so far...which I know is somewhat limited, and also taking into account that fact we haven't met IRL...give me your diagnosis.
There is no way you're INFP. The INFPs are loners only till their junior year in college. :w:
Of course, we will all begin to act INFP later in life.

There is no way you're INFP. The INFPs are loners only till their junior year in college. :w:
Of course, we will all begin to act INFP later in life.

Lol...I value your opinion...just curious what you thought from a psychological standpoint.

Lol...I value your opinion...just curious what you thought from a psychological standpoint.
My psychological opinions are all subjective and based on inference from personal case studies. None of my views are objective or published in internationally acclaimed scientific psychological journals, and certainly not in Scientific America.

Back