Fi Explosion

Trifoilum

find wisdom, build hope.
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Have any of you experienced / seen this experience?

When someone kept their feelings bottled inside and then suddenly -- BOOM. Explosion of Fi all around.

Just experienced it firsthand -- freshly from an ISFP friend of mine. How should I do with this ?

Is that really an Fi thing?

I think you should just listen to them and not judge or argue.
Do more listening than talking.

Is that really an Fi thing?

I think you should just listen to them and not judge or argue.
Do more listening than talking.
*nods* thanks for the advice. :)

Every function has its outbursts. I do apologize that my words are somewhat implying it's an Fi thing, but I'm talking simply about when Fi dominants are exploding and say, any specifics on how an outsider should do when it happens.

In this particular case at least, I saw it as Fi; her type aside, her way of wording revolves around how something made her feel and her thoughts of things. I offered a different PoV and she handwaved it on the basis of 'well, yeah, but think how -I- feel.' (which is what I did, using Fe, but then I wondered if that's a good thing or not.)

I don't see how this is an Fi outburst

but anyway, I would just listen to hear and acknowledge that she has all the right to feel the way she feel and that she is not ridiculous for feeling that way. You don't have to give an other point of view, she will find it herself when the time is right. But first she need to be heard so just listen

Perhaps it's more of an ISFP thing, I've been known to explode like this.
Ah, that's also a possibility of a specific type, rather than function-wise.

How do you deal with it, if I may ask?

I don't see how this is an Fi outburst
A little bit of empathy, really. I could be projecting too, as someone with a high Fi.

Ah, that's also a possibility of a specific type, rather than function-wise.

How do you deal with it, if I may ask?

I just really appreciate someone to listen. It's that simple.

I've never exploded in my life.

Back