Goldfrapp

invisible

On Holiday
MBTI
none
just listening to Goldfrapp's 2013 "Tales of Us" for the first time and really enjoying it. the names of the songs, ie. to do with peoples names, is pretty unusual and interesting.

any other fans of Alison Goldfrapp? what type do you think she is? any especially favourite tracks?

i saw her live once at a music festival and she was amazing. her voice sounded even better than on the recording. she really does have that pure soprano.

this is my fav at the moment. i cant seem to get enough of it. when i was 20 i was working in a major nightclub in my city. this takes me back to that in the best kind of way. its nostalgic but its sophisticated.

https://soundcloud.com/andr01d-2/goldfrapp-shiny-and-warm

this an extended remix by another dj, the album cut is a lot more compact, and it works better. i would have liked to post the album cut, but this isnt terrible at all, its just not as succinct, and that takes some of the punch out of it. that phenomenal vocal ad libbing isnt right until the end and by that time youre kind of bored, its too drawn out.

i never paid attention to this track until recently. one of the things i like about listening to her albums is that there are tracks i get really caught up in, and i just listen to them over and over again, and i think "why cant all the other songs on the album be as good as this one, all the other songs are so crap." but then later i somehow end up listening to the other tracks and thinking they are even more awesome.

i love Goldfrapp. when i was much younger, i think in my late teens, i discovered Felt Mountain through browsing on allmusic, and i became obsessed with it. for a long time after that, as i listened to later albums, i went off her because i thought her music was really camp and just too disco, and i was embarrassed to appreciate something so overtly camp. now i just dont care whether its camp or not anymore, because its too good to worry about that. she made me appreciate disco. i feel like she can do anything anyone else has done in disco or pop, but she can do it better, i always feel like everything is better in the world of Goldfrapp. although its very synthetic, everything is so coherent that it seems natural. she (i mean "they" - her and Will Gregory) made an album called "Supernature" and thats what i think of.

i appreciate her voice because she has an amazing soprano, but its rough, its not classical. you can tell, its rough. its romantic. i love listening to a classical soprano, but i love listening to raw talent also. its sometimes no less pure, because its somehow "primal".

Goldfrapp have a great sound...very sensual

It all seems to be allegorically about sex (eg 'felt mountain')

Goldfrapp rocks…end of story.

goldfrapp-white-horse3-o.gif

Goldfrapp have a great sound...very sensual

It all seems to be allegorically about sex (eg 'felt mountain')

i had never thought that way about felt mountain before but thats very interesting and think youre right, i think one of the themes in their music is sexuality.

i had never thought that way about felt mountain before but thats very interesting and think youre right, i think one of the themes in their music is sexuality.

Oh definately it's like sex rendered into the medium of music!

She's sooo sensual...it's almost indecent! :)

Back