IXTP and efficiency

Trifoilum

find wisdom, build hope.
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
IXTPs, I have a question for you;

What is efficiency for you? What would be the criteria for something to be the most efficient?

I'm close with 3 IXTPs and some theories in my head concerning this are beginning to form, but I guess I need more data before hypothesizing anything.

I have negative efficiency. I consider situations that won't work; I get rid of/abstain from unnecessary things(both concrete and abstract). Everything is judged economically before being carried out.

Efficiency is getting the most out of something exerting the least amount of effort.

Most efficient is impossible, but more efficient is. Let's say I buy item 'x' for $100 dollars and then sell it for $200. That was efficient, because I got a high return for little effort.

So, here's a better definition (more abstract):

Efficiency: Getting maximum output with minimum input

so it's more about how much are spent compared how much are gained?

For me, yes. Apparently, that's also one of the dictionary definitions, though I was not aware of such when I had written it.

It is all about minimizing unnecessary efforts; not doing things you don't have to do. It is bare-bones... to be as efficient as possible, a finished product has no extraneous aspects. It is about movement; getting things done, again, with the least amount of time and effort. It is like taking a vector path to get somewhere rather than taking the path of the individual components making that vector.

a^2 + b^2 = c^2

a + b > c
c is the vector, the shortest, or most efficient, way to get from point x to point y. Taking paths a and b to go from x to y, or indeed deviating from the vector c in any way, is a loss of efficiency.

Efficiency works on the principles of 'path of least resistance' and 'parsimony.'

The higher the ratio of output/input, the higher the efficiency.

EDIT: Image of model added for clarity and understanding.

Attachments

• model.webp
    model.webp
    3.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I see. :)

So far it fits with what I'm thinking about IXTPs; I'm very close with 3 TJs (2 NTJs, 1 STJ) and looking at them, their form of efficiency seems to be the opposite of this...they seems to put more importance towards the target first (no matter what cost)

Are these TJ's introverted or extroverted?

one introverted, two extroverted.

Does extroversion or introversion affect?

I am not sure if it affects what you positing or if what you are positing relies solely on the J/P axis (or F/T and J/P axes, more accurately), but it certainly affects the functional preference, and though there might be something to the dichotomies themselves, I prefer to look at functional analysis.

Well, actually, the difference is novel, since it only affects the ordering of the functions, not the functions themselves.

I'm not sure about the exact functional theory behind this, but it seems to be focused on the thinking functions. TP's use Ti, TJ's use Te. Go from there. Seems to me it probably does have something to do with introversion and extroversion. TJ's, having extroverted thinking as their strong rational function, thinks in terms of the goal... they exude energy outward to achieve it. They want to reach the goal no matter how much energy it takes. TP's, having introverted thinking as their strong rational function, more or less internalize the situation and see the ongoing process, and prefer to find the best or least expending way to do it before they do it. TJ's focus on the result, TP's focus on the process.

Last edited:
It is like taking a vector path to get somewhere rather than taking the path of the individual components making that vector.

:nod: Nice graph.

Though, what makes efficiency unique in INTPs? Cannot every type work economically?

I think are lives are inadvertently economical, in contrast with just our monetary decisions.

Though, what makes efficiency unique in INTPs? Cannot every type work economically?

I think are lives are inadvertently economical, in contrast with just our monetary decisions.
I don't know the answer to that lol. Though my inclination would be to say that every type can, but they all go about it in an entirely different way. I'm not sure about that, though.

I understand that last part though. Obviously, I don't think anybody ever tries to find the most inefficient way to do something. But I think that some people can see it better than others (or types, rather).

I think there are different ways of looking between people and some types (or some people, to not be judgmental) have more tendencies to follow a certain way of looking than others.

For example, I put efficiency quite down under my decision making. If going towards a goal, I tend to ensure the goal has to be what I want, then done perfectly, with less effort as possible. Notice the order in that?
But I'm sure other people have different way of thinking.

Well, actually, the difference is novel, since it only affects the ordering of the functions, not the functions themselves.

I'm not sure about the exact functional theory behind this, but it seems to be focused on the thinking functions. TP's use Ti, TJ's use Te. Go from there. Seems to me it probably does have something to do with introversion and extroversion. TJ's, having extroverted thinking as their strong rational function, thinks in terms of the goal... they exude energy outward to achieve it. They want to reach the goal no matter how much energy it takes. TP's, having introverted thinking as their strong rational function, more or less internalize the situation and see the ongoing process, and prefer to find the best or least expending way to do it before they do it. TJ's focus on the result, TP's focus on the process.
Yeah, maybe it's related to this. between IXTPs and EXTJs... Ti dom and Te dom, interesting.

Back