Music you love. Please no vids :)

3blackrings

Donor
MBTI
INXJ
Enneagram
don't know
I'm always looking for new music. My next favorite song. I love that. I can listen to a new favorite song hundreds of times in a row if I'm working. It made work fly. I think my last favorite song was: "Ai du" live by Vieux Farka Toure @ Joe's Pub
I found this on YouTube after hearing it a few years back in the movie "Faithless". I love the guitar. It's hypnotic. I have never been able to get enough Electric Guitar but this come close. If you only like the Joe Satriani technical perfection style playing then you might not care for this, but maybe you will and you might find a new favorite song. That's what I'd like. To find some new favorite songs. :)Who loves what music?

music is very close to my heart. i pretty much listen to music every waking moment. i can never get enough. like you, i can listen to one particular song all day. because it's so good, too good. transcendent.

i love guitar: classical, acoustic, electric. i listen to a lot of folk, folk rock, and alternative/indie.

Any bands/names? If you love guitar, period, there's a Mexican band called "Del Castillo" that can really play.

jimmy page. led zeppelin's bron yr aur is a very nice guitar piece. bert jansch and john renbourn are also very good. classical gas by mason williams is good.
i will check out the band you mentioned. thank you. (:

Well I was just at a big music festival in Columbus called Rock on the Range. They've done it for 6 years and this was my 5th (I missed last year, no money). Anyway, while not by any means all inclusive of the kind of music I enjoy, I saw a lot of great bands and had a great time (as always). The best performances (to me) were Megadeth, The Darkness, Volbeat, and Slash. Slash has a new solo album out with Myles Kennedy of Alter Bridge on the mic, and it's fantastic. So, if you want to give something a try, try that. Album is called Apocalyptic Love.

One of my favorite all-time genres is Tropicalia.

It makes me want to be Brazilian, or at least to be able to speak Portuguese-- it has to be the best-sounding language for lyrics. I've only ever met one person who can speak it and she always used English so I never really heard it, but now that I have I'm thinking about taking lessons. It's amazing. Everything they say sounds angry and sexy and pure, even though I have almost no idea what it means.

Os Mutantes' first two albums are probably the place to start.

Back