Come travel with me - where do you want to go?

if you've ever taken a 12 hour flight in economy class, you'll know that no matter how awesome the destination is, the actual travel can get pretty grueling.

actually i have, but dont remember the class.
as long as i wont have to go to the bathroom too often, im fine.

id recommend we recruit an only i_fp astronauts for the long travels.
the infp's would just spend all ttime writing new stories while isfp's would spend all time reading them.
doesnt that make a perfect astronaut team? =)
i bet they wouldnt notice theyre off earth until theyve reached their destination.

"oh i was just reading writing and.. wait, im at mars?"
'yep you volunteered for this, remember?'
"OHH.." *genuinely surpriceed*

by studying humans, i'd say its very possible to satisfy all our psychological and physiological needs very easily even with low resources.
in fact, i bet its easy to create better living conditions into space than what most humans have on earth.
i would rather live in mars than finland, at least id have more sunshine in mars. + no significant atmosphere barrier blocking sun due to planetary tilt corresponding my position. and the little bit dimmer sunlight would only be welcom considering the lack of significantly tilted planet with a thick atmosphere.

id be more concerned for my physical health than psychological were i to travel a few years in space.
have been sitting in darkness in a can away from the cold atmosphere my whole life, nothing im not used to, but the addition of others would make it easier.

i find the space travel conditions overly exaggerated. or maybe most people have got used to mobile life? well, in that regards im like a house cat. yet im quite certain im extro. since intros dont talk 16 hours nonstop. unless i make them to! =D

surviving one finnish winter is one thing. but when you notice its never ending and summer being too short to even get noticed, and forget social life if finnish aint your feeling language.

[video=youtube_share;VlzZM4bbFZA]http://youtu.be/VlzZM4bbFZA[/video][video=youtube_share;ok8eeJXllUE]http://youtu.be/ok8eeJXllUE[/video]
Wink wink...nudge nudge...:m054:

I would like to see/experience the Northern Lights and some of Alaska's glaciers.

just so you know, its unhealthy. (radioactive or whatever space beams =O!)
i could do it here but i wont due to it being an unhealthy thing to witness. and besides, i just dont really care xD..

I am off to the Antarctic.

The Antarctic scares me.

There's a fantastic book called 'The Worst Journey In The World' by Apsley Cherry-Gerrard about the Robert Scott expedition to the South Pole… and just the way he describes it makes it sound pretty much like hell. He came back and was seriously depressed for the rest of his life.

I read it and for a while it made me want to go to Antarctica soooo badly-- I thought I wanted to experience something that extreme. I was so obsessed that I actually spent heaps of money so I could go to school in New Zealand just to eventually get there, but for some reason I actually found even New Zealand a little eerie or 'off' in some way… I think it was the wind. I remember I was in Wellington during my first week there and I went outside on Sunday at 5 pm and the streets were almost completely empty and there was just so much wind that I felt like the Omega man or something and not in a good way… I mean, seriously, it was as if everyone else had been blown away and all that was left was this really creepy wind.

I now picture Antarctica to be pretty much purely that wind, so I've since abandoned all plans to ever go there… maybe some people wouldn't really think about it, but for me seeing something that devoid of life would be terrifying… I think just the idea of being that far away from actual trees really freaks me out.

Last edited:
Back