Enneagrams

Rigby

Community Member
MBTI
INFJ
Hii :3 So I was just curious about all of this Enneagram stuff? What exactly is it?

Last edited:
Enneagram is the motivational drives that propel you to do what you do. Jungian functions are the elemental processes making up your experience/how you carry out those motivational drives.

MBTI is a more modernized version of Jung, where some things are changed (Jung's intuition function was much less "down to earth" than the way MBTI portrays N, and he even writes in one of his lectures that he as a man of intellect wishes there were not such things as intuition... think mystical visions and wild hunches that are inexplicable but on the money).
You can say MBTI's N is closer to what may be called conceptual intuition and fantasy, things significantly less far away from the thinking and feeling functions he defined. MBTI's T is more akin to logic than thinking.
MBTI the test, not the functions-theory which has not been validated to correlate well with the instrument, focuses on attitudinal orientations rather than the processes (if this is confusing to you, and if you're interested in elaboration, I can explain).

You can say MBTI thus is a little closer to enneagram than Jungian functions are, because it is significantly closer to psychological attitudes people have rather than the way they process information. And of course, psychological attitudes are very relevant to motivational drives.

Gonna post this here since I can't find an Enneagram thread that's not tied to some other bullshit.

5w6 seems like a better, more likely fit

You are most likely a type 1.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 1w9.

Type 1 - 10.4
Type 5 - 10.3
Type 9 - 9.4
Type 7 - 7.4
Type 6 - 6.7
Type 2 - 5
Type 3 - 5

Wing 1w9 - 15.1
Wing 9w1 - 14.6
Wing 5w6 - 13.7
Wing 1w2 - 12.9
Wing 5w4 - 12
Wing 6w5 - 11.9
Wing 7w6 - 10.8
Wing 9w8 - 10.4
Wing 6w7 - 10.4
Wing 2w1 - 10.2
Wing 7w8 - 8.4
Wing 2w3 - 7.5
Wing 3w2 - 7.5
Wing 3w4 - 6.7

source http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test.php

One-wing-Nine
The Idealist

Idealists want to express and embody their values and beliefs, so they push for reforms on either a local or a more universal level. They want things to be done according to their own guiding principles.

Through teaching, writing, leading, and mentoring, they attempt to convince less individuated people to give up their groupthink in return for principled, self-reliant thought and action. At the extreme, they can fall into the White Knight syndrome, trying to rescue people who can’t or don’t want to be rescued.

Probable examples of personality type One-wing-Nine are Michael Dukakis, William F. Buckley, Jr., Al Gore, and George Harrison. Other reported examples are Plato, Gandhi, Colin Powell, George F. Will, and C. S. Lewis.

Five-wing-Six
The Observer

Observer types investigate and improve their world. They have to investigate, because they have a tendency to question received wisdom. Like René Descartes, their thinking begins with doubting. And they usually see how they could make something better—better than what people have been settling for—better than what people had thought they wanted. Five-wing-Sixes are true contrarians.

Observer types possess superior perceptual and reasoning skills, which, nonetheless, often fail them when it comes to understanding people. Although Five-wing-Sixes are very interested in people, they are at the same time wary of being overwhelmed by them and thus feel the need to erect barriers. Some of the most sensitive Five-wing-Sixes are too defended to be able to make the empathetic connections that would enable them to find out what others want and expect from them. Consequently, they may come off as socially inept. Yet Five-wing-Sixes’ principles and interests almost always keep them engaged in the world, often with spectacular success.

Probable examples of this personality type are René Descartes, Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Steve Wozniak, Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Dick Cheney, Neil Armstrong, John Grinder, Eckhart Tolle, Alan Turing, Karlheinz Stockhausen, and Isaac Asimov. Other reported examples are Stephen Hawking, Charles Darwin, B.F. Skinner, and V.I. Lenin.

Last edited:
Enneagram is a personality typing system that describes the core motivations of people. It's much older than the MBTI and its roots in Sufism.
There is no direct correlation between enneagram types and MBTI types, but I found a pattern that is somewhat accurate:

type 1: ENTJ
type 2: ENFJ, ESFJ
type 3: ESFP, ESTP
type 4: INFJ, INTJ
type 5: INTP, ISTP
type 6: ISTJ, ISFJ
type 7: ENTP, ENFP
type 8: ESTJ
type 9: ISFP, INFP

Last edited:
I remember 6w5 being quite popular last time this surfaced.

6w5

You are most likely a type 5.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 5w6.

Type 5 - 11.4
Type 1 - 9
Type 6 - 9
Type 9 - 7.7
Type 7 - 7
Type 4 - 4.7

Wing 5w6 - 15.9
Wing 6w5 - 14.7
Wing 5w4 - 13.8
Wing 1w9 - 12.9
Wing 6w7 - 12.5
Wing 9w1 - 12.2
Wing 1w2 - 11.6
Wing 7w6 - 11.5
Wing 4w5 - 10.4
Wing 9w8 - 8.1
Wing 7w8 - 7.4
Wing 4w3 - 6.2

I have previously tested as 2w1, but this time my results were:

Classic:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Test 2 with instinctual variant:
attachment.php

I have also read in the results that females with children often identify with type 2 and can be mistyped. However, I can easily identify with the descriptions from types 4,2, and 1.

I guess I'll just keep testing every now and again. :dizzy:

I was 7 a while back now I got this:

You are most likely a type 4 or 9.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 7w6.

Type 9 - 12.3
Type 4 - 12.3
Type 7 - 12
Type 6 - 9.7
Type 2 - 9.7
Type 3 - 7.4
Type 5 - 6

Wing 7w6 - 16.9
Wing 4w3 - 16
Wing 6w7 - 15.7
Wing 4w5 - 15.3
Wing 9w8 - 13.7
Wing 3w4 - 13.6
Wing 7w8 - 13.4
Wing 2w3 - 13.4
Wing 6w5 - 12.7
Wing 9w1 - 12.7
Wing 3w2 - 12.3
Wing 5w4 - 12.2
Wing 5w6 - 10.9
Wing 2w1 - 10.1

I still think 7 fits me better, tho an introverted version of it, especially about pleasure being compulsive. *shrugs*

Type 4 - 14
Type 5 - 9.7
Type 2 - 8.7
Type 3 - 3.7

Wing 4w5 - 18.9
Wing 5w4 - 16.7
Wing 4w3 - 15.9
Wing 2w1 - 11.9
Wing 3w4 - 10.7
Wing 5w6 - 10.6
Wing 2w3 - 10.6
Wing 3w2 - 8.1

As always. Sometimes i got 4w3 in other tests around the internet, but i don't think i'm one, i resonate far better with the 4w5 description.

Back