Sensing vs Intuition

Oh, and not once does he say one type is better than any other

But my god is it implied...

Anyway, he does hit on intuitive and sensing traits, but misses the fact that we all have both. Also you can't group sensors together. There's a reason we're split into SJ and SP types, because we're characterised by our sensing function, Si or Se.

But my god is it implied...

Anyway, he does hit on intuitive and sensing traits, but misses the fact that we all have both. Also you can't group sensors together. There's a reason we're split into SJ and SP types, because we're characterised by our sensing function, Si or Se.

Which is why i said he made a few over generalisations

Eyes moving about when thinking of what to say often indicates accessing internal stimulus.

This is true, but there's more to it than just intuition. People move their eyes about when accessing Ni, Si, Ti or Fi as they are all internal stimuli.

Oh, and not once does he say one type is better than any other
He doesn't say it, but he insinuates it. And rather starkly at that. The bit about A to B, B to C was incredibly biased. That is nothing like how xxSJ types are in reality. There's a fine line between "oriented towards physical sensations" and "dumb", honestly.

He said he was intj in another video. I thought he was an E from the way he spoke but he said differently.

And about your subconscious driving the car, I've actually heard something like this in my psych class before. Now, not all the time are you driving unconsciously but if you are having a conversation while driving, your concious mind is carrying out the conversation while the subconscious controls the car until there is something out of the ordinary happening.
It's called using your motor skills while driving.. and every one who knows how to drive uses them. Sort of like walking, you're not thinking about how to walk because you're using motor skills to do it.

His entire monologue assumes that people only use the four cognitive functions they prefer. In reality, people are capable of using all the functions, and sensors do use intuition to a degree, it's just that they rely on sensing for information more than they do intuition.

In another video he claims to have an ESTJ best friend that he actually considers a great, very intelligent guy. Apparently most of the "SJ hate" comes from their good natured ribbing of each other.

In another video he claims to have an ESTJ best friend that he actually considers a great, very intelligent guy. Apparently most of the "SJ hate" comes from their good natured ribbing of each other.

Yeah i didn't get the impression that he had a problem with sj's at all. He just didn't sugar coat his opinions of what some of their traits are. That doesn't mean he thinks they're inferior or doesn't like them.

Yeah well, dont for a second think that he doesn't think he is better because he is an "intuitive" MBTI, the new racism, sexism, classism... pathetic. All ridiculous reasons for justifying why one person is better then another based on completely subjective criteria, the root cause of course being a sense of insecurity and inferiority.

Awwww :P~ but there are some good aspects to this use of mbti ~ I mean, it apparently it allows people to classify others with great ease, right? I'm sure that attracts many many people to further understand mbti~ for better or for worse.

Why else would anyone make that particular video ~ I don't know~ Maybe there were other reasons~ but you know it's all fun and games :)

I hope people find me aloof and goofy because of my type :D It would make things that much easier~

Disregard what I just said and look at this monkey ~>

:m183:

Apart from a few over generalisations this guy actually does know what he's talking about. No he's not a moron. Most of what he says is accurate.
*snip*

No he doesn't... The fact that he didnt even bother (couldn't) split up his discussion into actual functions (Ne, Ni, Si, Se) and just resorted to N v S, clearly shows how little he knows. The way he was treating the discussion, he might as well have said Ne = S and Ni = N. Not that it's his own fault entirely... (cbf explaining this)

While he isn't a moron (i was using that in a derogative sense), he is ignorant, self-righteous and unbelievably discriminatory.

i remember seeing this. I don't think he's an idiot, but he's just like your average person who is familiar with MBTI. With that said, he's definitely no expert.

Ok, 6 seconds into this and I stopped the video.
Shifty eyes = Intuitive ?! Don't be ridiculous. Eye movement can be associated with multiple brain activity and it isn't exclusive to one cognitive function.

I am not bothering with the rest of it. If that's what he is basing his knowledge on, then the rest isn't worth knowing.

EDIT: I watched a bit more just to make a better judgement. I still hold the same opinion. This is completely biased, prejudiced and ignorant.

Back