What is your favorite Radiohead album?

• Total voters

DrShephard

Community Member
MBTI
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
How the hell did I not hear about this before!!! ZOMG!!!

Alert! Alert! New Radiohead Album AHOY!!

http://www.thekingoflimbs.com/

I thought that if it's news to me, then it might be news to some of you guys too (I know Elowen's a fan).

I think I'll add a poll too, out of my excitement.

I don't have a problem with them, but I don't really listen to Radiohead. I hear this album's supposed to be good.

They only released the statement about them releasing a new album on the 14th, I think. I only found out a couple days ago. So excited!

Radiohead is a band i am starting to slowly ease into. Jonny is one of my favorite guitarists and i like thom yore a lot too.

I was pretty big into them in high school and college, but my interest has waned greatly. The last album I bought was Kid-A. My favorite was The Bends. Their music really spoke to me back then, but I no longer relate to the sound and I'm over Thom Yorke's world of beautifully-visualized paranoia.

You were allright for a while, Thom. I'm sorry you're too scared to ride on trains and stuff. I'd have thought that all the ass you could have at this point would have upped your confidence a bit by now. Take a Xanax and have some cocoa or something, damn.

Yeah, so their album The King of Limbs is being released on the 19th (Saturday) and it was just announced on Monday. So is this the worst promotion for an album ever? Well, i suspect since it is Radiohead, people will know. I'm a bit excited. Hopefully it sounds good.

Yeah, so their album The King of Limbs is being released on the 19th (Saturday) and it was just announced on Monday. So is this the worst promotion for an album ever? Well, i suspect since it is Radiohead, people will know. I'm a bit excited. Hopefully it sounds good.

A band like Radiohead doesn't need promotion for their album, seriously. Millions will buy it just because it's *RADIOHEAD* and they are consistently awesome.

I prefer this type of announcement anyway, it leaves less room for the media to hype something up to gigantic proportions. I cannot stand hype, especially when the band they are going on about is really mediocre. If a band/artist is really hyped up it takes me ages to be bothered to even listen to them because I want to judge it on its own merits, not what the press is telling me. That said, La Roux was really hyped and I do like some of her music. Haven't really listened to Florence and the Machine (another hugely hyped artist) much but I always get that 'A kiss with a fist is better than none' song stuck in my head. /long ramble that had not much to do with Radiohead

They are consistently depressing.
That said, sometimes I like being depressed and I will play Pyramid Song over and over.

A band like Radiohead doesn't need promotion for their album, seriously. Millions will buy it just because it's *RADIOHEAD* and they are consistently awesome.

I prefer this type of announcement anyway, it leaves less room for the media to hype something up to gigantic proportions. I cannot stand hype, especially when the band they are going on about is really mediocre. If a band/artist is really hyped up it takes me ages to be bothered to even listen to them because I want to judge it on its own merits, not what the press is telling me. That said, La Roux was really hyped and I do like some of her music. Haven't really listened to Florence and the Machine (another hugely hyped artist) much but I always get that 'A kiss with a fist is better than none' song stuck in my head. /long ramble that had not much to do with Radiohead

Agreed. Now instead of waiting for months or years (lie for the harry potter books), I wait six days for the new album. Actually more like 48 hours because I just found out and am super excited.

I think that they might have just not wanted to deal with the hype. Everyone would want to talk to Thom and Jonny but they are so introverted I bet they're tired of that sort of thing. I think that's why lady gaga showed up in an egg to the grammy's, so she didn't have to do any interviews.

I love them. In Rainbows is a fave! I listen to it daily at work. As well as the bends. Those two are my highest play count on I tunes....​

I can't believe you made me choose.

Every album has been my favorite at some point. hail to the thief took the longest to grow on me but I ended up loving it.

I love how the albums are all so different but somehow always exactly what I wanted to hear. Love them.

i considered myself to be a fan in the past and had several posters on my wall but i couldn't feel involvement with kid a or hail to the thief and i stopped buying their recordings after that. i did go to one of their concerts and it was an incredible experience. i might appreciate them more if i listened to these albums again now. i feel certain that i would actually. i think at the time i thought that thom yorke had become more interested in projecting an image of fragmentation and misery rather than the actual experiences or associated ideas themselves. was there anything in this perspective or was it completely misguided?

Back