Bump stocks for guns | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Bump stocks for guns

Reactions: the
I can't dispute that the Second Amendment exists, but I can dispute it's meaning and how it's applied today.
Really you cant. Its very clear. You may question its validity in todays world given it was written close to 300 years ago but its original intent cant be questioned in any sane fashion.

Really you cant. Its very clear. You may question its validity in todays world given it was written close to 300 years ago but its original intent cant be questioned in any sane fashion.

With over 10,000 gun deaths a year, escalating each year, does it not need updating?

I realize its complex. Just "banning" guns won't solve anything. It needs a cultural change. Even in Britain.It's possible to get guns. But even criminals rarely do.

There's like an unstated agreement, no police, no guns. The police can get armed response very quickly. But very few have ever fired and they are highly trained marksmen.

Changes need to be carefully thought through. Although Marco Rubio took a lot of criticism, I think raising the age of buying guns makes sense as a first step.

Reactions: Wyote
With over 10,000 gun deaths a year, escalating each year, does it not need updating?

I realize its complex. Just "banning" guns won't solve anything. It needs a cultural change. Even in Britain.It's possible to get guns. But even criminals rarely do.

There's like an unstated agreement, no police, no guns. The police can get armed response very quickly. But very few have ever fired and they are highly trained marksmen.

Changes need to be carefully thought through. Although Marco Rubio took a lot of criticism, I think raising the age of buying guns makes sense as a first step.
People die. They die from many causes.
Your number seemed possible but off because when liberal outlets talk about gun deaths they generally bend over backward trying to link deaths to guns. Like a trucker was driving a shipment of various items that included a crate of guns. He had a heart attack...thats a gun.death. So anyway I went looking for credible information clearly bipassing CNN, The Washington Post etc.... the first two pages are completley full of liberal information. Therefore cant be trusted even partially. I did find this though.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/injury.htm

Its from the CDC with the last report on gun deaths coming in at 2014. A time when Obamas cronies and drones still headed up the goverment and who were still fixing statistics data. Its the best I could come up with.

The fact is 10,000 deaths are a small number when you are talking a population of 400 million + people. Gun violence deaths being highest in liberal run cities like Detroit of course. And if you take the guns from those... model citizens of society well, theyll just start using hammers and knives.

Ive never looked at statistics for where you live James. How often do people get mugged, stabbed, raped at knife point or the like?

People die. They die from many causes.
Your number seemed possible but off because when liberal outlets talk about gun deaths they generally bend over backward trying to link deaths to guns. Like a trucker was driving a shipment of various items that included a crate of guns. He had a heart attack...thats a gun.death. So anyway I went looking for credible information clearly bipassing CNN, The Washington Post etc.... the first two pages are completley full of liberal information. Therefore cant be trusted even partially. I did find this though.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/injury.htm

Its from the CDC with the last report on gun deaths coming in at 2014. A time when Obamas cronies and drones still headed up the goverment and who were still fixing statistics data. Its the best I could come up with.

The fact is 10,000 deaths are a small number when you are talking a population of 400 million + people. Gun violence deaths being highest in liberal run cities like Detroit of course. And if you take the guns from those... model citizens of society well, theyll just start using hammers and knives.

Ive never looked at statistics for where you live James. How often do people get mugged, stabbed, raped at knife point or the like?

From what I gather, all violent crimes are down, in every western democracy. Knife.
crime and others are low, but the fear of crime is disproportionately high.

There's no point imho taking guns away from people with no history of crime or violence. But for those who do? I think it's fair to restrict them. The kid in the Florida shooting was a clear risk. The police should have every right to remove guns from someone like that. The fact that an 18 year old was able to legally buy a semi automatic assault rifle seems ridiculous to me.

But taking guns away from responsible people, will only inflame things.

Edit. And yes banning.guns.for criminals ? Like they will follow that. It just needs to be more difficult for those people to ever get them.

Edit.2. There were 574 homicides in the UK in 2016. But there are usually 100 or less gun deaths each year.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...h2016/overviewofviolentcrimeandsexualoffences

I think the correlation is really about the amount of guns available. The suicide rate in the UK is highest among farmers and doctors. Not because they are more depressed than others, but they have more access to the means to kill themselves. Guns and drugs.

Last edited:

And yet...you’re still uneducated about it.

The Slave-State Origins of Modern Gun Rights
The idea that citizens have an unfettered constitutional right to carry weapons in public originates in the antebellum South,
and its culture of violence and honor.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...arry-jurisprudence-in-the-slave-south/407809/

what are you trying to say

That clearly guns don’t kill people, toddlers do.
Lock them up!

91ddc93cab0e0a3c61b69b476d905f07--gun-control-funny-stuff.jpg

I hope your opinion isn't as across the board as it seems you're applying it.

Reactions: Skarekrow
From what I gather, all violent crimes are down, in every western democracy. Knife.
crime and others are low, but the fear of crime is disproportionately high.

There's no point imho taking guns away from people with no history of crime or violence. But for those who do? I think it's fair to restrict them. The kid in the Florida shooting was a clear risk. The police should have every right to remove guns from someone like that. The fact that an 18 year old was able to legally buy a semi automatic assault rifle seems ridiculous to me.

But taking guns away from responsible people, will only inflame things.

Edit. And yes banning.guns.for criminals ? Like they will follow that. It just needs to be more difficult for those people to ever get them.

Edit.2. There were 574 homicides in the UK in 2016. But there are usually 100 or less gun deaths each year.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...h2016/overviewofviolentcrimeandsexualoffences

I think the correlation is really about the amount of guns available. The suicide rate in the UK is highest among farmers and doctors. Not because they are more depressed than others, but they have more access to the means to kill themselves. Guns and drugs.
I dont think anyone would disagree with this.

Reactions: James
"Blessed are the gun wielders and the slaughterers of woodland creatures while hiding in trees."
-Jesus, Isaiah Thomas 38.6
everyone is laughing

Reactions: AJ_
The moment our government stops allowing people to kill our children and get away with it, the moment the rate will drop. We must not tolerate this any longer. I'm sick of looking at a mass murderer on the news. End his miserable life the way he ended those children's lives. Anything else makes no sense to me.

"We will not tolerate this!" and mean it.

Don’t most shooters already expect to be executed, killed in the act or imprisoned for life? I don’t think that being held responsible is a credible deterrent to someone’s choice to attempt mass murder.