How can we take it back? | Page 39 | INFJ Forum

How can we take it back?

This graph reveals exactly how much morethe media covers Trump than Bernie
C. Robert Gibson | August 31, 2015

Numbers don’t lie. http://usuncut.com/politics/5-graphs-that-show-how-much-the-media-is-covering-trump-and-how-little-theyre-covering-bernie/
Bernie Sanders officiallylaunched his presidential campaign a month before Donald Trump did, but TVnetworks have nonetheless covered Trump 6 times more than they covered Berniein 2015. The two most popular networks covered Trump ten times as muchas they cover Sanders.
The GDelt Project, whichmaintains a database containing over a quarter billion records of the world’snews media in over 100 countries, has now launched a 2016 presidentialcampaign tracker. GDelt’s tracker monitors mentions ofcandidates across 9 television networks — Al Jazeera America, Bloomberg, CNBC,CNN, Comedy Central, Fox Business, Fox News, LinkTV, and MSNBC.

In each instance, networks devoted far more air time toTrump than to Bernie Sanders, even on days when Sanders broke record afterrecord for campaign rally attendance in Madison, Wisconsin;Phoenix, Arizona; Seattle, Washington; Portland, Oregon, and Los Angeles.
Total network mentions ofDonald Trump: 67,275
Remarkably, almost half ofDonald Trump’s overall network mentions came from MSNBC (27,060). Even thoughit markets itself as a liberal network, MSNBC spent more than 5 times as muchairtime covering a Republican than it did for Bernie Sanders. CNN (17,842)and Fox News (11,027) were second and third, respectively. Both CNN and Foxmentioned Trump more than ten times as much as they mentioned Bernie Sanders.
Total network mentions ofBernie Sanders: 11,411
The 2016 campaign trackershows just 11,411 mentions of Bernie Sanders across the 9 sampled networkssince Sanders launched his campaign on April 30. MSNBC mentioned Sanders themost, with CNN (1,629) and Fox News (1,510) covering the bulk of the remainingmentions. As mentioned earlier, CNN and Fox News covered Sanders just one-tenthof the amount they covered Trump.
Clearly, TV networks aremore interested in talking about a racist, narcissistic billionaire than thepopulist US Senator who is leading in New Hampshire and closing fast on firstplace in Iowa.
If anything, Bernie’s highperformance on social media is proof that TV networks are out-of-touch withwhat engaged citizens are talking about. If the major networks’ coverage ofBernie Sanders mirrored the engagement of everyday citizens on social media,Sanders may be polling much higher than he is now.

I once let the 700 Club come on after the news…yes, it was Fox local (what’s wrong with me?), anyhow, this lady called in and basically said that they have just enough to either pay the rent or pay for utilities and food but not both….wanna know what Pat Robertson’s suggestion was?
Give it to them and the lord will bless them.
How fucking sick is that?
A real Christian would have said, hold the line so we can take your name and help you out.
Insanity.

That's really disturbing... I guess I have faith that jerks won't be doing this stuff forever, thinking that it's okay just because they're able to do it.

On the plus side, Andrea Rossi got a patent for the e-cat.

11923252_914776875226676_8990234192048474104_n.jpg

11221405_10206178177285411_1574238067011720528_n.jpg

The illusion of choice my friends...​

11947490_1135175503160093_1397210499343859974_n.jpg

[video=youtube;fZvd2xPDa1Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fZvd2xPDa1Y[/video]

Hungary plans to build a very long fence to keep migrants out.
Thousands of asylum-seekers from Syria, Afghanistan and beyond are streaming into the EU via Hungary.

[video=youtube;dwq3bl3jEj0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dwq3bl3jEj0[/video]​

11947438_693034397494549_3382761084041493231_n.jpg

11951096_814833751971339_2657665332768136024_n.jpg

10346206_1468444323401201_2571261736049272285_n.jpg

1381631_610731512320315_1430083370_n.jpg

Elon Musk says humanity is currently running 'the dumbest experiment in history'

gettyimages-479902152.jpg
Getty / Scott Olson
"Why run this crazy experiment to see how bad it'll be?"

At some point humans are going to run out of the fossil fuels that power their lives.

There is no other end point to the current era – either because we've used them all up or because the Earth's climate cannot bear any further destruction.
If you use data from oil and gas giant BP, as the data cataloguers at Knoema did, at present rates of extraction we'll be out of oil by 2067, natural gas by 2069, and coal by 2121.

I will admit I should really try to stop using this word altogether in a negative context myself.

11933390_1042278099146353_6919229316432379404_n.jpg

After Ann Coulter referred to President Obama as a “retard” in a tweet during Monday night’s presidential debate, Special Olympics athlete and global messenger John Franklin Stephens penned her this open letter:

Dear Ann Coulter, Come on Ms. Coulter, you aren’t dumb and you aren’t shallow.
So why are you continually using a word like the R-word as an insult?

I’m a 30 year old man with Down syndrome who has struggled with the public’s perception that an intellectual disability means that I am dumb and shallow.

I am not either of those things, but I do process information more slowly than the rest of you.
In fact it has taken me all day to figure out how to respond to your use of the R-word last night.

I thought first of asking whether you meant to describe the President as someone who was bullied as a child by people like you, but rose above it to find a way to succeed in life as many of my fellow Special Olympians have.

Then I wondered if you meant to describe him as someone who has to struggle to be thoughtful about everything he says, as everyone else races from one snarkey sound bite to the next.

Finally, I wondered if you meant to degrade him as someone who is likely to receive bad health care, live in low grade housing with very little income and still manages to see life as a wonderful gift.

Because, Ms. Coulter, that is who we are — and much, much more.
After I saw your tweet, I realized you just wanted to belittle the President by linking him to people like me.

You assumed that people would understand and accept that being linked to someone like me is an insult and you assumed you could get away with it and still appear on TV.

I have to wonder if you considered other hateful words but recoiled from the backlash.
Well, Ms. Coulter, you, and society, need to learn that being compared to people like me should be considered a badge of honor.

No one overcomes more than we do and still loves life so much.
Come join us someday at Special Olympics.

See if you can walk away with your heart unchanged.

A friend you haven’t made yet,
John Franklin Stephens
Global Messenger Special Olympics Virginia

Israel Paid Senator Tom Cotton $1 Million To Block The Iran Nuclear Deal

16071714544_11260e9ec5_b-600x448.jpg

Last year, Sen. Rand Paul traveled to Guatemala, where he worked against U.S. foreign policy during the child-migrant crisis.
Before that, other GOP legislators traveled to Israel, with the intention of undermining U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East.

Senator Tom Cotton himself, organized 46 of his Senate Republican colleagues, asking them to each to write letter to Iranian officials, which urged them not to trust the United States during sensitive negotiations.

Behavior like this, behavior which is destructive to the United States as a whole, is becoming more and more common for Republicans.

Tom Cotton (R) Ark. met with the Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday, part of his one week trip to Israel.

Tom Cotton said in a statement after the meeting,

“Today’s meeting only reaffirms my opposition to this deal. I will stand with Prime Minister Netanyahu and Israel, and work with my colleagues in Congress to stop this deal and to ensure that Israel has the means to defend itself against Iran and its terrorist surrogates.”

Consider the behavior being endorsed by the Republican party.
An elected U.S. senator travels to another country as part of his purchased partnership with a foreign official.

Together, their goal is to undermine American foreign policy.
The Republican senator is working for Israel, and against the United States of America.

And there is a reason for that.
The Kristol’s Emergency Committee for Israel gave Tom Cotton nearly $1 million in his race for the Senate just five months ago.

The visit from Senator Tom Cotton comes as congress reviews the nuclear deal with Iran.
Senator Tom Cotton and Israel’s Prime Minister Netanyahu are both vigorously opposed to the deal.

Netanyahu claims the pact will only ensure Iran’s path to nuclear weapons, and increase its ability to support terrorism.
Prime Minister Netanyahu has refused to discuss alternative plans for Iran, claiming they cannot be trusted.

Not surprisingly, Tom Cotton echoes the statements of his wealthy employer.

Towards the end of the Bush/Cheney era, then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D) traveled to Syria and met with Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad.
She did not, however, go to sabotage American foreign policy.

Instead, she coordinated with Bush administration officials, and State Department personnel literally joined the meeting.
At the time, however, Republicans became outraged.

Vice President Dick Cheney complained to Rush Limbaugh,

“The president is the one who conducts foreign policy, not the speaker of the House.”

Eight years later, the president is still the one who conducts foreign policy.
Unfortunately, the Republican prejudice and hatred of President Obama has made traitorous behavior acceptable.

Especially if donations are involved.

11952999_1024597144228817_4300895011902006637_n.jpg

Reactions: Kgal
11953149_10153654212987376_2887392207575596259_n.jpg

The same goes for Turkey and the blockade that is killing people.​

1375238_1689586847928458_3618592855952147808_n.jpg

Welcome to the big Privatization Party!

Last weekend American billionaire Warren Buffett has reportedly bought a Greek island for 15 million euros.
Just a reminder: "privare" is Latin for "to rob".

In other words, privatization is organized robbery.

The accomplices of these robbers are all those politicians who are putting the public domain up for sale everywhere in Europe and thereby ensure that the rich can get richer and the poor are getting poorer.

This includes German finance minister Wolfgang Schäuble, who through financial blackmail has been able to force the Greek government to agree to implement more neo-liberal policies on Greece.

And of course Angela Merkel and all her collaborators in the rest of Europe, who are nothing more than lackeys of the bankers and corporate bosses.
We should not accept that the wealthiest 1 percent of this world gets away with stealing from the remaining 99%.

These vultures must be stopped!

refugeesandweapons.png

Combined, the 8 countries that sent the most weapons to Syria since 2011 only accepted 2 percent of the refugees Germany has taken in.
This $16 billion in so called “military aid” has been entering Syria since the beginning of the civil war in 2011, providing support for various warring factions within Syria.

Yet, the destruction these countries are waging on Syria comes not only in the form of war, but also in the callousness with which they treat those most affected by the war.
Many of these same countries fueling the slaughter have also been some of the least willing to grant amnesty to Syria’s refugees.

10509559_1027253457287368_8251849738613140895_n.jpg