Pandemic 2.0?

Roses In The Vineyard

MBTI
INFJ
I just haven't met a single person that regrets not taking it.

In my case that’s also true, because in one case, it was his wife that was rendered fully disabled, not him, and in the other case, he died, so I didn’t have a chance to speak with him.

Cheers,
Ian

I'm not understanding your examples. Will you please expand on what happened?
A man’s wife didn’t take it, and COVID left her fully disabled, i.e., unable to walk or care for herself. Her husband didn’t take it either, but his multiple-times COVID left him relatively unaffected. I never got a chance to speak with her about it, but her husband freely admitted he would like to have regret about becoming a full-time carer, and the loss of marital sexual relations, but as he said, that was but part of God’s plan for him.

The other gentleman was proud he never got the vaccine or boosters, and that was what it was until he got COVID in the winter of 2022 and died. So I have no idea if he regretted anything, as he is not around to ask.

I’ve had every initial vax, and every booster. I certainly do not regret that. Nor do I regret never having COVID, or having no antibody response to it whatsoever. For some, it is as a cold. For some, it can be the nastiest of business. As a person with medical risks, I would prefer to continue to remain unexposed to it.

Cheers,
Ian

I agree @aeon - as someone in their 70’s and with a touch of asthma the risk of catching COVID for me far outweighs any risk from the vaccines. I and my wife are fully vaccinated and have never to our knowledge had the virus.

I know someone whose sister died of it, and someone else who died from a rare thrombosis caused by one of the vaccines. I guess if your time is up then it’s up whatever you do, and you have to throw the dice whatever.

But now the virus is behaving more like annual flu in terms of its virulence I guess we only need immune compromised and elderly folks to take the vaccine routinely. It’s probably better to let it circulate amongst healthy folks in order to preserve relative immune defences and keep it at a less serious level of effect - and to minimise the problem of adverse reactions to the vaccines.

I must say that if Mpox became a problem I wouldn’t hesitate to be vaccinated. It looks pretty horrible, but I gather it’s contagious rather than spread in droplets like flu or COVID so it should be much easier to contain.

I agree @aeon - as someone in their 70’s and with a touch of asthma the risk of catching COVID for me far outweighs any risk from the vaccines. I and my wife are fully vaccinated and have never to our knowledge had the virus.

I know someone whose sister died of it, and someone else who died from a rare thrombosis caused by one of the vaccines. I guess if your time is up then it’s up whatever you do, and you have to throw the dice whatever.

But now the virus is behaving more like annual flu in terms of its virulence I guess we only need immune compromised and elderly folks to take the vaccine routinely. It’s probably better to let it circulate amongst healthy folks in order to preserve relative immune defences and keep it at a less serious level of effect - and to minimise the problem of adverse reactions to the vaccines.

I must say that if Mpox became a problem I wouldn’t hesitate to be vaccinated. It looks pretty horrible, but I gather it’s contagious rather than spread in droplets like flu or COVID so it should be much easier to contain.

Yeah covid isn't going away anytime soon and will likely be around for a few decades then go extinct as the case was with the flu of 1918 persisted as a seasonal illness until the 1950s. Fun fact that some remnants are likely to exist in human genome for future generations as junk dna.

A man’s wife didn’t take it, and COVID left her fully disabled, i.e., unable to walk or care for herself. Her husband didn’t take it either, but his multiple-times COVID left him relatively unaffected. I never got a chance to speak with her about it, but her husband freely admitted he would like to have regret about becoming a full-time carer, and the loss of marital sexual relations, but as he said, that was but part of God’s plan for him.

The other gentleman was proud he never got the vaccine or boosters, and that was what it was until he got COVID in the winter of 2022 and died. So I have no idea if he regretted anything, as he is not around to ask.

I’ve had every initial vax, and every booster. I certainly do not regret that. Nor do I regret never having COVID, or having no antibody response to it whatsoever. For some, it is as a cold. For some, it can be the nastiest of business. As a person with medical risks, I would prefer to continue to remain unexposed to it.

Cheers,
Ian

Didn't know it at the time until well after the fact but my Mom was one of the early cases (November 2019) and only had very mild symptoms while myself had no issues. Can only assume that it was from work as that job had people who've had to come from all over the country to run that print shop for the fall season.

Don't let that stop people from freaking the fuck out about the end of the world though

Mpox mostly affects a small demographic. Unless an individual is living a lifestyle which would also put them at high risk for other diseases like STDs, there isn't much to worry about.
That's what I would have thought too. And at my stage of life there's very little to worry about at all (though I live in hope of still getting unlucky now and then).

One day the truth of it all will finally resonate.
The only thing about covid is just how slow the vast majority out there to figure that covid isn't a natural virus but rather came from a Chinese lab bankrolled by the US with research mainly provided by the US. As for the reasons they made it are speculative but from what floated around online that the project dates back to sometime 2015 and was released/inflicted upon the public sometime mid 2019 however the early variants June/July were slow and wasn't till around September it started to take off then lastly detection was slow taking till November. The US government was making large purchases of medical equipment that was very unusual for the time summer 2019.

It's as natural as any progressed virus in these late years. What I did notice is that it has taken a toll on everyone in regards to respiratory health. I don't know how to define it.

Back