Spiral Dynamics

Which Spiral Dynamics Color Do You Think You Are?

• Beige

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Purple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red

• Blue

• Orange

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Green

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Yellow

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
True - but the examples aren't consistent with the descriptions, which makes it tough to see if I'm supposed to match with the colors, or not. If I went purely off of the descriptions I'd go with Yellow with Green...and I think a lot of us would.

So that shouldn't be a bad/unlikely thing to me. But if the examples don't fit the descriptions, then it could be that I'm reading/interpreting the colors wrong, or I don't have enough information to make my own conclusions about myself.

I know who I am in myself - so if I know who I am, why should my choice be an issue?

I'm not presuming to know what Duty is thinking but I think I understand the point he is getting at. Honestly, a think of lot of us on this believe that we are worldly thinking beings and those with the INFJ type tend to have that reinforced by their type description. (I take on the feelings of my friends AND the world!) "irl" I suspect a lot of us act in a different manner. We have a concern for everyone but that's placed on the back burner so that we can interact with the people around us in a manner that won't affect us feelings in the negative. I'd also suspect that Green/Yellow people wouldn't get offended with people all up in their 'shtick'

Gosh, my point isn't really coming across that well. Damn. Well, perhaps I'm projecting and all that but i don't think there are THAT many greens and yellows either. I also thought that the Spiral Dynamic thing was used more on 'nations' than on specific individuals.

I'm not presuming to know what Duty is thinking but I think I understand the point he is getting at. Honestly, a think of lot of us on this believe that we are worldly thinking beings and those with the INFJ type tend to have that reinforced by their type description. (I take on the feelings of my friends AND the world!) "irl" I suspect a lot of us act in a different manner. We have a concern for everyone but that's placed on the back burner so that we can interact with the people around us in a manner that won't affect us feelings in the negative. I'd also suspect that Green/Yellow people wouldn't get offended with people all up in their 'shtick'

Gosh, my point isn't really coming across that well. Damn. Well, perhaps I'm projecting and all that but i don't think there are THAT many greens and yellows either. I also thought that the Spiral Dynamic thing was used more on 'nations' than on specific individuals.

Well, that's ok, because if it's supposed to deal with nations and how we as individuals compare with nations, I've totally missed the point of the colors, too.

But if I get what's really being said/asked, it's probably this: Are we really who we think we are, or are we simply reading our type descriptions and forcing ourselves to be that type? I know that interpretation exists. But I don't think you can create a new system (or use a different system) to break that mold.

Really, it'll have to be a list of descriptions that the other person comes up with to describe who they are, without having anything to judge that description against. Or, maybe, it's just easier to ask what another person thinks of them (to take the MBTI for them). Because it's true: What we project to others isn't necessarily who we are. But sometimes others see things in us that we don't.

A test to get at the heart of who we are is nearly impossible - it will always be flawed, because we will always see the best (or the worst) in ourselves. It's hard to just see ourselves as who we truly are.

You tell me Duty.

Seems like the only valid response is the one you expect, so save us the trouble.

the ones which resonated to me most were yellow and orange.. to be honest though none are really descriptive of the way I see myself. thanks for bringing this theory to my attention though, I hadn't heard of it before.

I relate to the yellow and green descriptions, there is some blue in me but when I read the extreme conservative ideals it threw me off.

I have been interested in SD for a while and I THINK I am Green-Yellow, though, as another poster said, being very honest with oneself is very important because the "higher" levels tend to have a lot of popular buzzwords, leading to Blues with Left-wing and New Age tendencies (I'm talking to you, Ken Wilbur!) to think they are Greens or Turquoises and leading Oranges that have absorbed too much popular management mumbo-jumbo to think they are Yellows.

Last edited:
Here is what I was missing:

You can't skip steps. So if you think you are green or yellow, you have to ask "when did I go through each of these previous steps?"

Btw, mods, I'm trying to rewrite my original post, and the edit button is unavailable. Any reason?

Last edited:
Here is what I was missing:

You can't skip steps. So if you think you are green or yellow, you have to ask "when did I go through each of these previous steps?"

Btw, mods, I'm trying to rewrite my original post, and the edit button is unavailable. Any reason?

The edit time allowed is limited. You will probably have to have someone edit it for you.

Can't skip steps?

Ok I'm Beige Brigade.

I really have no idea which one fits best (I also read about turqoise and coral). I have touches of each one, some things fit well and some things don't fit at all for all the colors except for things before blue.

Edit: I think I might be blue at my core, but I definitely have signs of yellow and turqoise in some aspects. I am not nearly as rigid as the blue descriptions describe, nor am I athoratative. I do not punish people. For me it just comes down to absoulte fairness. I tend to question nearly everything, but I don't really have the desire to elevate those far below me. I will try to elevate those close to me (ever the teacher that I am), but I eventually give up if one does not put in effort.

Guess I am a blue/tourquise hybrid (which I know is not possible).

Last edited:
Back