Ted Bundy & Crisis Lines

Ok...alright!

Is there not some sort of link between bundy and the bush family?

Are you trolling?

.....I'm disappointed, but should I be?

Are you trolling?

.....I'm disappointed, but should I be?

Sorry i've edited that post since you quoted it....i needed to look something up

No not trolling, but sometimes when looking into the dark corners one needs to keep a little humour or it all gets a bit....bleak

There is often an occult aspect to the work of serial killers. Dismiss that as 'conspiracy theory' if you like, but i'm just telling you what i believe

If you REALLY want to understand then that is the door to look behind imo....but its a deep rabbit hole

More than likely he was in complete denial about his killings.

I keep thinking about the nail biting thing.

And the TV show Hannibal.

According to the article he started volunteering as a requirement for his degree. If the timeline is right then he didn't start killing until almost a year after he graduated. He may may not even have realized at the time that he was volunteering that he was going to commit murder, although I suspect he may have had some fantasies about killing.

1971 School Year

Bundy begins volunteering at the Seattle Crisis Clinic where he first meets Ann Rule, a fellow volunteer.

Spring 1973

Bundy graduates from the UW with honors.

Winter to Summer 1974

Women begin mysteriously disappearing in the Seattle area and around Washington and Oregon college campuses.

Russell Williams is an example of somebody who seems to have led a fairly normal and successful life for a long time before he started acting in a deviant way. There is no evidence that he was doing anything unusual until his 40s, starting with break-ins to steal underwear. It seems to have escalated quickly after that. If he hadn't been caught he could have easily killed many more. This seems to point that people can either all of a sudden change or perhaps control their impulses for a very long time. http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2010/10/18/the_secret_life_of_col_russell_williams_exposed.html

According to the article he started volunteering as a requirement for his degree. If the timeline is right then he didn't start killing until almost a year after he graduated. He may may not even have realized at the time that he was volunteering that he was going to commit murder, although I suspect he may have had some fantasies about killing.

Russell Williams is an example of somebody who seems to have led a fairly normal and successful life for a long time before he started acting in a deviant way. There is no evidence that he was doing anything unusual until his 40s, starting with break-ins to steal underwear. It seems to have escalated quickly after that. If he hadn't been caught he could have easily killed many more. This seems to point that people can either all of a sudden change or perhaps control their impulses for a very long time. http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2010/10/18/the_secret_life_of_col_russell_williams_exposed.html

It's just bizarre to me that a person could swing so far on that pendulum- from literally saving people's lives to killing innocent people. It's one thing if it's Dexter- killing people who are "bad" versus killing innocent young women- there's still a moral component with Dexter, but with Bundy- it's bit extreme.

I know that BTK went to church and had a family and a "normal life" but lots of people go to church who are not religious and just go as a result of social compunction and it seems more like its trying to "blend in and be normal" with Ted Bundy's degree it doesn't seem necessary to do a crisis hotline.

It's just bizarre to me that a person could swing so far on that pendulum- from literally saving people's lives to killing innocent people. It's one thing if it's Dexter- killing people who are "bad" versus killing innocent young women- there's still a moral component with Dexter, but with Bundy- it's bit extreme.

I know that BTK went to church and had a family and a "normal life" but lots of people go to church who are not religious and just go as a result of social compunction and it seems more like its trying to "blend in and be normal" with Ted Bundy's degree it doesn't seem necessary to do a crisis hotline.

Everyone reported that John Gacy was a kind and gentle man! He would help his friends, family and neighbours! I think the think about socio and psychopaths, is that they learn early on to manipulate the way people perceive them.

On a side note- for some psychology programs, volunteering at clinics or programs is part of professional development and gets you brownie points. Considering he graduated with honours, his intentions might have been less on helping people, and more on helping himself.

And a side note from the side note - the word around the faculties, is that people only go into psychology to figure out how to cure themselves ;)

Maybe he was trying to fight his demons and eventually gave up fighting the urges.

And a side note from the side note - the word around the faculties, is that people only go into psychology to figure out how to cure themselves ;)

Some us are just fine but trying to figure out the people around us since they are all screwed up :)

Psychopathy means you've got no conscience, it doesnt mean that you're highly intelligent at all but it means you can fool others, particularly if they arent alert to you and why would they be? I've come to think that this is in part why there is a tendency to build up evil as something super human, its people dealing with the fact that there's victims, possibly themselves, but its not super human, you dont need to be bright to be a psychopath, there's no reason for those two to be correlated, and its more a case that evil is sub human more than super human and most humans are not on the look out for it.

Its easy to anticipate a problem from any other animal than the human animal, simple as.

Why was he interested in psychology or manned a crisis line? He's a predator! He was learning all he could about his quary and himself, he was blending in and doing so to a t by assuming the roles of helper and conscientious do gooder which put people beyond suspiscions or maybe it provided opportunities to meet people or improved the prospects of getting paid better, there's a bunch of non-psycho but none the less selfish purposes for anything.

Erich Fromm hypothesised that societies which are authoritarian and conservative, like pretty much any, take your pick, which humankind has known involve most people in sado-masochistic relationships, its the social character and the norm required by the status quo, so people submit to some superior, even if its an imaginary one like a cause, an abstraction or something spiritual, then tyranise over some supposed inferior. He also suggested that there's no sadism without masochism and vice versa because the people experiencing those drives isnt free, they rely upon the object of their control, coercion and venting of sadism and are devastated or need to replace it quickly if it perishes or disappears. Further to this he suggested Hitler wasnt super human, he was just the ordinary man with extra ordinary power, so the consequences were extraordinarily horrible. Although what's the difference between that and "caring" sadists like Harold Shipman, the Dr who killed a host of elderly people with morphine, or the nurses in the UK who've killed babies or poisoned patients with insulin? Its a matter of scope or quantity rather than qualitative differences.

That could account for it too but psychopathy is something different.

Perhaps it matters that psychopathy is so easily channelled through such a system, that its difficult to detect from any other being.

Everyone reported that John Gacy was a kind and gentle man! He would help his friends, family and neighbours! I think the think about socio and psychopaths, is that they learn early on to manipulate the way people perceive them.

On a side note- for some psychology programs, volunteering at clinics or programs is part of professional development and gets you brownie points. Considering he graduated with honours, his intentions might have been less on helping people, and more on helping himself.

I think that's all it is, they are playing a game with people.

Sometimes it's a solitary deal and sometimes its as a group, its why and how there are groups of sex offenders or other sorts of criminals which organically or spontaneously form into rings or exchange information and work in concert.

He was doing a bunch of stealing and stuff earlier on, from what I could tell on wiki... his childhood seemed like it was miles and miles away from idyllic. It can't be fixed though, so we should really just be executing people and cutting off hands etc. to teach 'em right (such behavior is more likely a symptom, as with many other killers and acts of sadism). It makes sense to me that when people are treated like garbage they tend to go on to do the same with others. /preachingatchoir

Back