[INFJ] - This will make you rage | Page 39 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] This will make you rage

If anyone is interested in hearing police perspectives, I like Donut Operator, who does breakdowns of police incidents among other content.

If you're so polarised that you can't even bear to look at someone you disagree with, then this might not be for you. On the other hand if you're an adult, then it's a good perspective.

E.g. This was an ironic example of 'I can't breathe' a week before George Floyd, to give some balance of what they're dealing with.

If you're so polarised that you can't even bear to look at someone you disagree with, then this might not be for you. On the other hand if you're an adult, then it's a good perspective.

I like what you're sharing here but this is just condescending.
You're not gonna reach anyone who might need to absorb this information.

I like what you're sharing here but this is just condescending.
You're not gonna reach anyone who might need to absorb this information.
Yes it was condescending - as intended - but you're right.

I got a dig in there - I've seen too much nonsense today of the 'cops are always wrong' variety.

Because people need protection against violent crimes.

I know that sounds hypocritical, considering the fact that police are being spotlighted at the moment in regards to their crimes against humanity. But, not all are lazy, racist, uncaring, etc. I try believe most things in this world are 50/50. I hope for more, but, at least half the cops out there are people first, who truly care. They'd save everyone if they could.

I think more funding is needed so to have better training, evaluations, testing, etc. I think that they should be held to higher accountability and legal punishment.

If we are refunding the police, what will we have in place so to protect victims of violent/sexual crimes (regardless of race)?

Because people need protection against violent crimes.

I know that sounds hypocritical, considering the fact that police are being spotlighted at the moment in regards to their crimes against humanity. But, not all are lazy, racist, uncaring, etc. I try believe most things in this world are 50/50. I hope for more, but, at least half the cops out there are people first, who truly care. They'd save everyone if they could.

I think more funding is needed so to have better training, evaluations, testing, etc. I think that they should be held to higher accountability and legal punishment.

If we are refunding the police, what will we have in place so to protect victims of violent/sexual crimes (regardless of race)?

I'd be for decreasing their funding and putting that money towards social services for crisis intervention. I think police are expected to do too much that community services can address. I don't think they should be completely defunded and disbanded, though. I agree they should have more training and focus on deescalation. They should have more regular evaluations.

I think they should be held to the same standards as anyone else. So I think qualified immunity has got to go. They should be held accountable.

I think if police are abolished, then we end up with private security forces for the wealthy and that might be even worse. Pretty dystopian.

'd be for decreasing their funding and putting that money towards social services for crisis intervention.

Or... Have social service work as a prerequisite for becoming a police officer. If they have practice in the field, they may show more compassion.

Who knows? More education and experience should be required, for sure. 21 weeks of "training" is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
This is 2 years old and I wish it was satire. This is how ridiculous things are.

I was listening to John Catanzara FOP president in Chicago on the radio the other week. Basically, he was very defensive and his stance was that people need to come out of their houses and talk to police and engage them instead of shunning and being afraid of them. Sounds reasonable I guess if you aren't a member of a community who has seen or suffered police brutality on the regular. It's a huge cultural issue. Throwing more money at police isn't going to fix their warped bro culture. I'm not really sure what will. Maybe it's busting these police unions that protect bad cops and fight tooth and nail against any reforms. Maybe it's doing away with qualified immunity.

Also!
Did somebody say Rave!!! @Ren where are you???

giphy.gif

Oh.
Rage. ....
Nvm.

This is 2 years old and I wish it was satire. This is how ridiculous things are.

I was listening to Tony Catanzara, FOP president in Chicago on the radio the other week. Basically, he was very defensive and his stance was that people need to come out of their houses and talk to police and engage them instead of shunning and being afraid of them. Sounds reasonable I guess if you aren't a member of a community who has seen or suffered police brutality on the regular. It's a huge cultural issue. Throwing more money at police isn't going to fix their warped bro culture. I'm not really sure what will. Maybe it's busting these police unions that protect bad cops and fight tooth and nail against any reforms. Maybe it's doing away with qualified immunity.

Yeah, why is there a cop union? Wtf?

Edit: I'm misunderstanding. Nvm this comment.

Throwing more money at police isn't going to fix their warped bro culture.
I agree.
Don't give them the money. Give third parties (like the social workers) the money to train them. Or something to that extent. Give people who truly care, the money to really teach them certain aspects of the job.

Reactions: acd
There are no easy solutions, but the consensus seems to be that change of some kind must happen.
I think it's vital that we continue to support the police force on a whole as it undergoes this transitory period, to whatever ends, who knows.

I haven't read through much of this stuff. But I'm just here to say that this whole *defund the police* thing is bullshit.

Suddenly, a Leeroy Jenkins approach to this discussion. Lol.
(I am not making fun, I appreciated this)