[INFJ] - This will make you rage | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] This will make you rage

Well, I hope you don't waste too much energy trying to understand. I'm aware that using my thumbs on my electronic device to form words on the internet does absolutely nothing. My real accomplishments come when I waste my energy defending the oppressed against the ignorant at work. Here? I'm just wasting more time.
When I have the emotional energy to empathize with others, it has never been a waste of time. We all have our limitations and when I'm unable to interact in a productive manner I choose not to interact. That is a decision we each have. I respect our difference of opinion though I do not agree with your methods. I can understand the need to express your feelings. They just may not be appropriate to express in an discourse situation if you are attempting to create unity and understanding. The feelings are still valid either way.

Yeah. Be a 'conservative' all you want. Be a 'liberal' all you want. I don't care. What seems to be missed here is that in this particular case, I am not trying to facilitate peace. At least not yet. If the forum goes up in flames, I'll probably try to put it out. But I have no interest in coddling white people that are crying about losing white America. Yeet.

Yeah. Be a 'conservative' all you want. Be a 'liberal' all you want. I don't care. What seems to be missed here is that in this particular case, I am not trying to facilitate peace. At least not yet. If the forum goes up in flames, I'll probably try to put it out. But I have no interest in coddling white people that are crying about losing white America. Yeet.
Well that makes sense then. I get where you're coming from

Well, I hope you don't waste too much energy trying to understand. I'm aware that using my thumbs on my electronic device to form words on the internet does absolutely nothing. My real accomplishments come when I waste my energy defending the oppressed against the ignorant at work. Here? I'm just wasting more time.
Well not that it matters, but I had my opinion changed by talking to you guys.

I thought that people were being PC powered by White guilt when they 'understood' the looting, and that it wasn't a completely authentic response.

Just looking at how Bolsonaro is handling Covid, too, I hope that the world wakes up to how useless these populists actually are in crises. They're not statesmen, and definitely not leaders.

I think that with literally any other US president in living memory a lot could've been done with a simple address from the Oval Office.

Are you encouraging a forum riot? :p

When I have the emotional energy to empathize with others, it has never been a waste of time. We all have our limitations and when I'm unable to interact in a productive manner I choose not to interact. That is a decision we each have. I respect our difference of opinion though I do not agree with your methods. I can understand the need to express your feelings. They just may not be appropriate to express in an discourse situation if you are attempting to create unity and understanding. The feelings are still valid either way.
Dammit, slant. My 'feelings' are self validating! And I'm not attempting to create unity in this situation. I'm not rioting. But I'm not telling anyone to stop. And I'm not ignoring the dumb shit justme said. The stuff he said is the mindset that led to the reactions we see today.

Dammit, slant. My 'feelings' are self validating! And I'm not attempting to create unity in this situation. I'm not rioting. But I'm not telling anyone to stop. And I'm not ignoring the dumb shit justme said. The stuff he said is the mindset that led to the reactions we see today.
I see your perspective, I think we just disagree on methodology. I used to think very much like you do and would interact in the same ways. Over the years though I have seen other methods more effective. I understand you prefer your approach. That's fine.

Well not that it matters, but I had my opinion changed by talking to you guys
Yay! Suck it, slant!!!! :tearsofjoy:
*Emoji inserted to indicate joke*

I thought that people were being PC powered by White guilt when they 'understood' the looting, and that it wasn't a completely authentic response
Nah. Well probably some, so I don't believe you're completely wrong in believing that. But yeah. Racism is a real thing and it's deep here and it's disgusting. And justme can eat a turtle weiner...

@Milktoast Bandit Get out there right now and save America! Change all the racist minds! Your country needs you! lol

Hurry up! We are losing Democratic voters by the minute while you stew in your feelings!
Psh I'm a fuckin keyboard warrior! Get your shit straight!

See my response to @acd

Fuck the forum, fuck America, fuck justme, fuck other racists, fuck democracy, fuck trump, fuck me, fuck off, freedom.
Lol.

Well in all seriousness, the voter turnout of the US electorate is piss poor, not to mention heavily skewed in favour of rich, educated white people, so some actual politicisation of the population wouldn't go amiss.

The turnout for the Democratic primaries was terrible, for instance, and you lost Bernie.