Working Until You Die | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Working Until You Die

bqntVai.jpg

Many of us may die before worrying about working in old age.

Reactions: aeon
Many of us may die before worrying about working in old age.
Indeed. The rate of prepubescent suicide has really spiked in the last decade.

Cheers,
Ian

There is always crime and war, earthquakes and floods, fires and tornadoes...

Reactions: aeon
RIP 🪚

Nothing like home, sweet home when your day at a soul-sucking job comes to an end.

zl2lF1Z.jpeg

Here We Are,
Ian

The financial reality of most millennials (roughly age 27 to 42 in 2023) and younger generations is that we are going to work until we die. Most of the people in this age range are way behind on retirement savings (if they even have any). If they live in the United States, Congress is raising the age at which one can collect full Social Security benefits to 67, which could easily be increased again in the future.

So what are your thoughts on this? The French are rioting because their government is trying to push a pension reform that would raise retirement age and make it more difficult to be eligible for benefits, but outside of France there isn't much concern it seems.
I believe the French system had retirement age at 55. Due to zero birth rate, and anti-immigrant sentiment, the French government has a sustainability problem.

I view the US retirement issue differently. Our immigration is robust. Our healthcare system is vastly inferior to most nations in the EU. It is intentionally un-egalitarian, so as to ensure that there is de-facto euthanasia for working people. This strategy supports lower taxation on the concentrated wealthy.

I believe the French system had retirement age at 55. Due to zero birth rate, and anti-immigrant sentiment, the French government has a sustainability problem.

I view the US retirement issue differently. Our immigration is robust. Our healthcare system is vastly inferior to most nations in the EU. It is intentionally un-egalitarian, so as to ensure that there is de-facto euthanasia for working people. This strategy supports lower taxation on the concentrated wealthy.

I wouldn't count on that immigration pipeline continuing forever as only like 7 countries at or above replacement as far as population goes and the bulk of the current immigration to the US are more or less running out of people with the exception of China at this time. That all said the standard of living in the wealthier parts of the EU are remarkably higher than what most of us have in the US.

Reactions: Asa and aeon