[INFJ] Do Sensors make sense?

Maybe one reason you can't understand sensors is your refusal to clarify yourself when those people ask you questions.

Yes, I speak English. _Apparently my own version. I thought you were being rhetorical and maybe making fun.
Not convinced I'm wrong.

I mean I'm not convinced I'm wrong when I say you were being rhetorical and funny.

Well this is why I created this.
I am sure it's my analogies.
But some people, and I'm finding I seem to understand better, and others just confuse me. I never knew about types or that people where different and had types. Call me stupid.
But trying to understand if others have discovered the same things.

I appreciate the direct approach, but it the intolerance for the way I say stuff that frustrates me I guess.

Not sure who is what type and what their experience is. That's why I asked.
But seems to have set people off. So it must be me.

Wish I understood what it is I said that was unclear or confusing. And interesting you say that about a lot of my posts. I also think its interesting that the generalization got people going. To me it like I asked if you liked cats or got along with dogs better.

I hope this helps. The sentence in blue makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

What I also found confusing is that you contradict yourself in this thread. This is why I suggested it might be helpful to clarify your ideas to yourself first so that when you're ready to communicate them you can be sure you express yourself more clearly. Ex. You started this thread asking people if they find sensors confusing. Then later you explain that YOU find THEM confusing. These are two very distinct ideas.

I think that communication is a very complex process that is based on much more than whether someone is a sensor or an intuitive. So to generalize a whole class of people on this one trait alone and to do it in such a broad way seems narrow-minded to some people, and I get the impression some people jumped on you for the lack of logic around doing so, and others felt it unfair to negatively and falsely categorize people like this.

I hope this helps. If you want to comment on it, would you mind also tagging me (@oceanbreeze style) because for some strange reason I haven't been getting notifications for when you quote my posts. (@deathjam... do you know why this may be?)

Last edited:
I hope this helps. The sentence in blue makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

""But some people, and I'm finding I seem to understand better, and others just confuse me. "

Bad etiquette. Fingers too big for the keyboard. It's rude. Funny thing is if I read a post and there are too many typos, I just skip it.

What I meant here, I think:
"But some people, I find, I seem to understand, while others confuse me" Or something like that.

What I also found confusing is that you contradict yourself in this thread. This is why I suggested it might be helpful to clarify your ideas to yourself first so that when you're ready to communicate them you can be sure you express yourself more clearly. Ex. You started this thread asking people if they find sensors confusing. Then later you explain that YOU find THEM confusing. These are two very distinct ideas.
Not sure I understand the difference. But ok

I think that communication is a very complex process that is based on much more than whether someone is a sensor or an intuitive. So to generalize a whole class of people on this one trait alone and to do it in such a broad way seems narrow-minded to some people, and I get the impression some people jumped on you for the lack of logic around doing so, and others felt it unfair to negatively and falsely categorize people like this.

Yes. But part of what I'm asking is if it is a trait, something about sensors, or other types. It's a question, because I don't know or understand. I wasn't trying to block a bunch of people in a category and rip them apart.

After reading my first posts, I understand how I could have rephrased.
Not a better trait of mine. I am in the practice of giving orders and maybe that comes out the wrong way. (Not maybe, it does)

I hope this helps. If you want to comment on it, would you mind also tagging me [MENTION=407]oceanbreeze[/MENTION] style) because for some strange reason I haven't been getting notifications for when you quote my posts. (@DeathJam... do you know why this may be?)

I don't know how to tag.
Does that mean to [MENTION=407]oceanbreeze[/MENTION]

And yes, I'm glad for the conversation.
Sort of getting the idea I just have to deal with some people being harder for me to talk to. Regardless, if they are sensors or not, still have to work with them. Just thought if it were a sensor thing, then there might be a preferred approach. Like maybe I should ask the sensors what do you dislike about talking to INFJs. But then this is grouping people into categories, so I should ask what to do hate about talking to me.

Just seems counter intuitive. Meaning this is an INFJ forum. So isn't it by that virtue a category we are fitting people into. What I mean is why (here I go with the analogy) would I have a forum about cats and shy away from asking if people have trouble with understanding their cats. Or if there is a difference between cats and dogs. Is that racist. I think only if you use that to serve as hatred or a way to oppress them, ridicule them, etc.

Away, i'm sure I went on too long.

Thank you for all of your time and responses. I am learning from them.

P.s. working on the typos. Should turn off the auto correct and proofread.

Last edited:
Not sure if you mean to be funny, or asking seriously. Not that it matters either way. But yes English is my only real language. Bits of others, but not fluent. I will work on my posts. Apparently, my awesome dialogue is nonexistent. I'll try to review my posts before committing them. You know, press the button that confirms the post? I can only hope I just made sense now.

I wasn't asking anything, I just added that because I wondered the same thing, or I thought maybe you were typing from a phone. Your sentences in this thread are not complete and your placement of commas was throwing me off a bit. If I slow down I can understand your meaning. ;) Maybe I wasn't slow this morning, maybe I was just going to quickly.

As for sensors; I have more problem with them understanding me than I do understanding them. I'm the one adding some silly meaning to things they didn't say, or going in a direction they didn't say they were going.

At times they don't understand what I'm trying to say because I tend to think they're on the same wavelength I'm on in my mind when I'm the one that is in la la land.

Yes, I speak English. _Apparently my own version. I thought you were being rhetorical and maybe making fun.
Not convinced I'm wrong.

I mean I'm not convinced I'm wrong when I say you were being rhetorical and funny.

Opening your mind would be a good remedy to that problem.

I seem to have picked up the idea that you are on a cell phone from one of your posts. Maybe you should only post from a regular keyboard. Personally, it is easier to clairify my ideas on a keyboard than on an androidcell phone, but it is especially difficult on apple technology.

Probably it has been already said but we are the ones who actually make not much sense in the real world, in our own neat bubbles we surealy do but not for the people out there unless we find someone who thinks alike.
Let's not argue, bitte bitte! :m032: it's getting tense here :(

Keep your Fe to yourself....

I understand the conflict this thread has generated. I am thinking that Majesty is assuming this is another one of those "we are magical INFJs threads" that seem to pop up with this veiled reference to how hard it is to be understood because they speak to unicorns. Of course, if things are par for course, we can now expect a "all the other non-INFJs are polluting our forum" thread soon too.

I think the problem I have with the OP is the idea that keeps getting expressed over and over again around here--maybe it is the Fe--that the problem lies with the Other Person. Why should everyone bow to how you see the world? Why is it their fault that you cannot communicate well with them? There are always two sides to an issue and it is much easier to start with changing one's self than to try and change someone else.

I think the problem I have with the OP is the idea that keeps getting expressed over and over again around here--maybe it is the Fe--that the problem lies with the Other Person. Why should everyone bow to how you see the world? Why is it their fault that you cannot communicate well with them? There are always two sides to an issue and it is much easier to start with changing one's self than to try and change someone else.

Exactly.

Last edited:
Opening your mind would be a good remedy to that problem.

I seem to have picked up the idea that you are on a cell phone from one of your posts. Maybe you should only post from a regular keyboard. Personally, it is easier to clairify my ideas on a keyboard than on an androidcell phone, but it is especially difficult on apple technology.

Guilty as charged.
I make a lot of typing mistakes and I somehow convinced myself they don't matter.

All apologies to the community.
Like I said in a different post, it's rude. so I'm embarrassed a little considering how intolerant I can be.

Probably the most useless thing said IMO

You're right, that was useless. You can give change for a dollar in 293 different coin variations; there, that was far more useful.

Keep your Fe to yourself....

I understand the conflict this thread has generated. I am thinking that Majesty is assuming this is another one of those "we are magical INFJs threads" that seem to pop up with this veiled reference to how hard it is to be understood because they speak to unicorns. Of course, if things are par for course, we can now expect a "all the other non-INFJs are polluting our forum" thread soon too.

I don't get it.
I'm not trying to change anyone.
From what did I say that you come to that conclusion.

They, S types, are hard for me to talk to.
Is it S types, or just my poor ability to communicate.

I was wondering if others had a similar experience and if they concluded it's impossible to talk INFJ and S types. Or they found that it was their problem and their inability to express things clearly.

I think the whole premiss is how can I improve the communication, not how can I manipulate and force them into submission.

Well this is why I created this.
I am sure it's my analogies.
But some people, and I'm finding I seem to understand better, and others just confuse me. I never knew about types or that people where different and had types. Call me stupid.
But trying to understand if others have discovered the same things.

I appreciate the direct approach, but it the intolerance for the way I say stuff that frustrates me I guess.

Not sure who is what type and what their experience is. That's why I asked.
But seems to have set people off. So it must be me.

Wish I understood what it is I said that was unclear or confusing. And interesting you say that about a lot of my posts. I also think its interesting that the generalization got people going. To me it like I asked if you liked cats or got along with dogs better.

""But some people, and I'm finding I seem to understand better, and others just confuse me. "

Bad etiquette. Fingers too big for the keyboard. It's rude. Funny thing is if I read a post and there are too many typos, I just skip it.

What I meant here, I think:
"But some people, I find, I seem to understand, while others confuse me" Or something like that.

Not sure I understand the difference. But ok

Yes. But part of what I'm asking is if it is a trait, something about sensors, or other types. It's a question, because I don't know or understand. I wasn't trying to block a bunch of people in a category and rip them apart.

After reading my first posts, I understand how I could have rephrased.
Not a better trait of mine. I am in the practice of giving orders and maybe that comes out the wrong way. (Not maybe, it does)

I don't know how to tag.
Does that mean to @oceanbreeze

And yes, I'm glad for the conversation.
Sort of getting the idea I just have to deal with some people being harder for me to talk to. Regardless, if they are sensors or not, still have to work with them. Just thought if it were a sensor thing, then there might be a preferred approach. Like maybe I should ask the sensors what do you dislike about talking to INFJs. But then this is grouping people into categories, so I should ask what to do hate about talking to me.

Just seems counter intuitive. Meaning this is an INFJ forum. So isn't it by that virtue a category we are fitting people into. What I mean is why (here I go with the analogy) would I have a forum about cats and shy away from asking if people have trouble with understanding their cats. Or if there is a difference between cats and dogs. Is that racist. I think only if you use that to serve as hatred or a way to oppress them, ridicule them, etc.

Away, i'm sure I went on too long.

Thank you for all of your time and responses. I am learning from them.

P.s. working on the typos. Should turn off the auto correct and proofread.

Yes, if it shows up in blue it's tagged.
Oddly, it did not notify me... how strange... ????

I made a typo where I referred to the confusion between you and sensors. I meant to say, it sounded like at first you said that you don't understand them, and then it seemed you said they don't understand you. That's what I meant by two distinct ideas. Sorry about the mistake; I'm glad you pointed it out.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by CindyLou

Exactly. There is no point to communicate if the person who is supposed to receive your message if they can't understand it.

lmao. Nice

Are you responding to yourself? lol

Back