How can we take it back?

Looks like the Pope is stirring up that hornets nest we know of as The Capitol.... woohoo

[h=4]Pope Rejects Lunch with Boehner, Pelosi, McConnell, Reid: He will be Dining with the Homeless[/h]
We now know why the United States Congress absolutely did not want Pope Francis to come to America. He makes them look like the complete as*holes they are. Obviously, Congress thought Pope Francis would be honored to dine with them, and all their pomp and prestige. They were wrong.

Pope Francis says he didn’t have the time because he already had a date eating with the homeless. In fact, he is not only going to be eating with them, but serving them. The meal will take place at St. Patrick’s Church in Washington, D.C........ringoffireradio.com/2015/09/pope-rejects-lunch-with-boehner-pelosi-mcconnell-reid-why-he-will-be-luncheoning-with-the-homeless/

Robert Reich (moveon-help@list.moveon.org)
9/23/15

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Dear fellow MoveOn member,

Capitalism.

How does that word make you feel these days? I'm going to guess it brings up a wide range of emotions.

In my latest book, "Saving Capitalism: For the Many, Not the Few," I take a scalpel and a sledgehammer to our nation's economic structure.
As far as I'm concerned, capitalism is in dire need of major fixes. Building an economy that works for everyone is going to take all of us working together.
That's why I'm partnering with MoveOn to offer my new book, "Saving Capitalism," to everyone who donates at least $29.
Click here to get your limited-edition copy. In its current unchecked state, capitalism is at the heart of ballooning and inexcusable inequality. It's the barrier to winning on all the issues MoveOn members care about.
So throughout "Saving Capitalism," I shatter entrenched myths about capitalism and offer an accessible guide for all those ready to tackle inequality, rebuild our economy, and restore our democracy.

That sounds like a job for MoveOn members to me.
Don't just take my word for it. Nobel Laureate Joseph Stiglitz calls "Saving Capitalism" "a riveting guide." Publishers Weekly says it's "arresting, thought-provoking," and ranks it as one of the fall's top 10 business and economic releases. I also sent an advance copy to MoveOn staff. They thought it was great—and wanted MoveOn members like you to have an opportunity to read it, too.
"Saving Capitalism" is due out next week. And sure, you could visit your local big-box store or online retailer and preorder it.
But MoveOn has a much better way.

If you click here and make a donation of $29 or more, MoveOn will send you a limited-edition copy of "Saving Capitalism."

Instead of giving your money to a corporate bookseller, you can get my new book and get to help fund MoveOn's cutting-edge organizing. No big-box store or online retailer is going to put your money to work to fight for a $15 minimum wage, help working families, expand Social Security, save Planned Parenthood from cuts, and tame Wall Street.

But MoveOn will.

Click here to get your limited-edition copy of "Saving Capitalism"—before supplies run out. Thanks for all you do—and all you read!
–Robert Reich
ImageProxy.mvc

Robert Reich, Chancellor's Professor of Public Policy at the University of California at Berkeley, was secretary of labor in the Clinton administration. He has written thirteen books before this one, including the best-sellers "Aftershock" and "The Work of Nations." His latest book, "Saving Capitalism: For the Many, Not the Few," is available here. His recent film, "Inequality for All," is now available on Netflix, iTunes, DVD, and on demand.

[/FONT]

Hahahaha..... this is hysterical.

...and speaking of hystery.... me thinks congress is starting to literally foam at the mouth....aren't they? Hahahahahahahahaha...

attachment.php

Attachments

• pope is now a muslim.webp
    pope is now a muslim.webp
    104 KB · Views: 44
Woot!
Looks like the Pope is making a difference with some congressmen...

From a facebook convo:

Facebook convo about the Pope’s visit and a Republican.

Carol Morgan

*A very moving article....there are a lot of people dancing on Boehner's grave this morning, not realizing what kind of hateful devils will now ascend to the stage.http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...2a2a679_story.html?postshare=4191443195061113

John Boehner in twilight:

On the eve of his resignation announcement, the House speaker reflects on the papal visit.
washingtonpost.com|By Robert Costa

*Yes, this is very moving.
*It will be worse.

* I never fully bought into the Boehner hate. The fact that he became weepy often proved that he had feelings; a rare trait in a Republican.

*Aw, he looks so sad...

*I agree, Carol, about the potential for worse.

*From reading the article, I think it's very possible that he had a moral epiphany that was sparked by the Pope's visit. He realized that the things being done by his party were not compatible with his faith...or any faith.
Kgal YES! I am very excited to see you say this. That's exactly what the Pope is supposed to be doing....spurring congress (both sides) to open up their hearts and really LOOK at the world. AWESOME!!!! '

*Or maybe he went deeper and thought about how he was spending his days in combat with both the White House and the undisciplined, childish members of his own party. It can't have been a very rewarding line of work these past several years.
* Yep, that too...

attachment.php

Attachments

• fox news mean to me bitch please.webp
    fox news mean to me bitch please.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 41
What exactly is this supposed to be taken back to? I find the lack of specificity in these thread to be alarming. Are we going back to the good old days when everything was sunshine, rainbows, slavery, and British oppression?

Did you guys see this???!?!?!?

Wow...just wow.... This is HUGE...!

I tell you we're not going to have to take it back..... it's coming back!

....And just like that, it was over.

After years of botched attempts, mountains of red tape, billions of dollars, and countless face-offs with protestors, Royal Dutch Shell announced today that it is pulling the plug on all oil and gas exploration in the Arctic Ocean “for the foreseeable future.”

http://grist.org/climate-energy/shell-just-abandoned-its-arctic-drilling-plans/

What exactly is this supposed to be taken back to? I find the lack of specificity in these thread to be alarming. Are we going back to the good old days when everything was sunshine, rainbows, slavery, and British oppression?

Please let me know what was unclear in the OP and I will gladly fill in any gaps I may have left.
http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27907&p=740707&viewfull=1#post740707
But no….sunshine, rainbows, slavery, and (not sure where you got this?) British oppression where never part of taking anything back.

Last edited:
@the

Also, unlike some other’s on this forum, just ask me for a link and I will provide you one if it isn’t there already.

Did you see this about Boehner? He's had a change of heart and is now going around telling the truth. WTH?

"...We got groups here in town, members of the House and Senate here in town,
who whip people into a frenzy believing they can accomplish things they know — they know! — are never going to happen,” he added..."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/john-boehner-gop-false-prophets-214120#ixzz3n5YScvCn

[h=1]Boehner unloads on GOP's 'false prophets'[/h]

Did you see this about Boehner? He's had a change of heart and is now going around telling the truth. WTH?

"...We got groups here in town, members of the House and Senate here in town,
who whip people into a frenzy believing they can accomplish things they know — they know! — are never going to happen,” he added..."

Holy crap…the Pope did a number on him.
Now I almost wish he wasn’t resigning as Speaker…who knows what kind of monster is waiting to jump in that role?

Holy crap…the Pope did a number on him.
Now I almost wish he wasn’t resigning as Speaker…who knows what kind of monster is waiting to jump in that role?

He needs to get out of that hell hole so he can get the courage to squeal....

This article gave me an enormous smile...especially this part. :w:

[h=1]Bolivia stands up to US with coca-control policy [/h]

"....But he would rather recall the time in 1994, when former coca grower Evo Morales joined a march of thousands of other cocaleros, demanding an end to the forced eradication of their crop. Perez marched too, walking the 130km from the cloud forest of Chulumani to the capital, La Paz. "Around that time, we would regularly throw the military and DEA out of town," he said. "People organised through the local community radio and kicked them out of our coca-producing villages, one by one."..."

Hahahahah....

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fe...ands-coca-control-policy-150930085832276.html

This article gave me an enormous smile...especially this part. :w:

Bolivia stands up to US with coca-control policy

"....But he would rather recall the time in 1994, when former coca grower Evo Morales joined a march of thousands of other cocaleros, demanding an end to the forced eradication of their crop. Perez marched too, walking the 130km from the cloud forest of Chulumani to the capital, La Paz. "Around that time, we would regularly throw the military and DEA out of town," he said. "People organised through the local community radio and kicked them out of our coca-producing villages, one by one."..."

Hahahahah....

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fe...ands-coca-control-policy-150930085832276.html

Very cool!
But of course…the critics of this thread will point to aljazeera being the source and immediately dismiss it.
How closed up people are!
I see Zombies everywhere I go!

Very cool!
But of course…the critics of this thread will point to aljazeera being the source and immediately dismiss it.
How closed up people are!
I see Zombies everywhere I go!

Why should I care what the critics say? hahahahahahaha....

It makes me smile to see the people take back their land and their country after being bullied by the US for years and years.

http://www.e-catworld.com/2015/10/0...strial-heat-after-2-5-years-of-due-diligence/

Excerpt:

"Thanks to pg for finding this from the Woodford Equity Income Fund website. This British investment fund (publicly traded) which has invested in Industrial Heat. Tom Darden said in his recent interview with Fortune magazine that Woodford Investment Management had made a “much larger investment” into Industrial Heat than Cherokee Investment Partners’ own $10 million investment."

So.. thinking about round dunno how many now of trying to email people about it.:D Chances are slightly better now, but not confident anyone's really going to listen until it's heating their home, and then some of the deniers will be denying it while it heats their home. Just bask in the bizarre irony of it all.:)

Former Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said in an interview published today that individual Wall Street executives should have been prosecuted for their actions leading up to the 2008 financial crisis, but that the U.S. Justice Department and other law-enforcement agencies focused instead on investigating or indicting entire firms.

"A financial firm is of course a legal fiction; it's not a person. You can't put a financial firm in jail,” he said. “It would have been my preference to have more investigation of individual action, since obviously everything that went wrong or was illegal was done by some individual, not by an abstract firm,"

Well, thank you Ben.
But why didn’t you say this at the time? (Are you saying it now because you have a memoir coming out?)

You were chairman of the Fed, for crying out loud.
The Fed is a major bank regulator.

Your voice would have put enormous pressure on the Justice Department to go after the individuals responsible.
Yet you chose to remain silent.

It’s been the silence of people in positions like yours that allowed Wall Street executives to escape all responsibility for the frauds they committed, which led to millions of people losing their jobs, homes, and savings.

And now that the big banks are far bigger than they were then (in 2007 they had 25% of total bank assets, now they have 44%), it’s likely we’ll have another near meltdown because no one was held responsible for the last one.

I think Ben Bernanke had a responsibility when he was Fed chair to say publicly that bank executives should be held personally responsible for what occurred.

What do you think?

Last edited:
This is really a bad deal everyone…be prepared to watch your jobs vanish even faster!
Way to go Murica!!

Officials Reach Deal On Trans-Pacific Partnership

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tpp-deal-reached_561267dae4b0dd85030c7933

ATLANTA, Oct 5 (Reuters) -
The United States and 11 other Pacific Rim countries have reached a deal on the most sweeping trade liberalization pact in a generation but the accord on Monday faced initial skepticism in the U.S. Congress.

In a deal that could reshape industries and influence everything from the price of cheese to the cost of cancer treatments, the 12 countries will cut trade barriers and set common standards.

Details of the pact were emerging in statements by officials after days of marathon negotiations in Atlanta.
The Trans-Pacific Partnership would affect 40 percent of the world economy and stand as a legacy-defining achievement for U.S. President Barack Obama, if it is ratified by Congress.

Lawmakers in other TPP countries must also approve the deal.
Initial reaction from key U.S. lawmakers was skeptical.

Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, a U.S. Democratic presidential candidate, said he was disappointed and warned the pact would cost U.S. jobs and hurt consumers.

"Wall Street and other big corporations have won again," he said in a statement, vowing to "do all that I can to defeat this agreement" in Congress.

Senate Finance Committee Chairman Orrin Hatch, a Republican, said he feared the TPP could fail to break down trade barriers for American-made products.
"While the details are still emerging, unfortunately I am afraid this deal appears to fall woefully short," Hatch said.

The TPP has been controversial because of the secret negotiations that have shaped it over the past five years and the perceived threat to interest groups from Mexican auto workers to Canadian dairy farmers.

Obama said the pact will "level the playing field" for American workers and businesses and added that Americans would have months to read the deal before he signs it into law.

Biotech Compromise

The trade talks had snared on the question of how long a monopoly period should be allowed on next-generation biotech drugs, until the United States and Australia negotiated a compromise.

Although the complex deal sets tariff reduction schedules on hundreds of imported items from pork and beef in Japan to pickup trucks in the United States, the issue of the length of the monopolies awarded to the developers of new biological drugs had threatened to derail talks until the end.

Negotiating teams had been deadlocked over the question of the minimum period of protection
(gouging) to the rights for data used to make biologic drugs, made by companies including Pfizer Inc , Roche Group's Genentech and Japan's Takeda Pharmaceutical Co.

The United States had sought 12 years of protection
(gouging) to encourage pharmaceutical companies to invest in expensive biological treatments like Genentech's cancer treatment Avastin.

Australia, New Zealand and public health groups had sought a period of five years to reduce drug costs and the burden on state-subsidized medical programs.
Negotiators agreed on a compromise on minimum terms that was short of what U.S. negotiators had originally sought and that through a two-track process would effectively grant biologic drugs a minimum period of 5 years and up to a minimum of 8 years, aiming to achieve a comparable outcome across both tracks, free from the threat of competition from generic versions.

A politically charged set of issues surrounding protections for dairy farmers was also addressed in the final hours of talks, officials said.
New Zealand, home to the world's biggest dairy exporter, Fonterra, wanted increased access to U.S., Canadian and Japanese markets.

Separately, the United States, Mexico, Canada and Japan agreed rules governing the auto trade that dictate how much of a vehicle must be made within the TPP region in order to qualify for duty-free status.

The North American Free Trade Agreement between Canada, the United States and Mexico mandates that vehicles have a local content of 62.5 percent.
The way that rule is implemented means that just over half of a vehicle needs to be manufactured locally.

It has been credited with driving a boom in auto-related in investment in Mexico.
The TPP would give Japan's automakers, led by Toyota Motor Corp, a freer hand to buy parts from Asia for vehicles sold in the United States but sets long phase-out periods for U.S. tariffs on Japanese cars and light trucks. (bye-bye US manufacturing)

The deal being readied for expected announcement on Monday also provides minimum standards on issues ranging from workers' rights to environmental protection and sets up dispute settlement guidelines between governments and foreign investors separate from national courts.

(That should honestly scare you…it means, for instance, if a country enacts laws regulating tobacco sales to minors, and that in turns hurts the companies profits in that country, they can sue the country outside of any court of law and make them suck it.)

This will be awful for the US, just like NAFTA.

Sometimes I think that capitalism has to fail in a major way before it there is a replacement.

The religion of today is a psychopathic type of Te efficiency and an Fi that only values yourself and your material assets.

Sometimes I think that capitalism has to fail in a major way before it there is a replacement.

The religion of today is a psychopathic type of Te efficiency and an Fi that only values yourself and your material assets.

I fear you may be correct….there was less income inequality in France just before the Revolution than there is currently in America…we are worse.
If things continue to go the way they are then there will be some serious and I’m afraid violent upheavals in the US.

The problem of course is the incredible amount of apathy amongst the citizens, and this is mostly due to a lack of our voting system as a means to effect REAL change.
The two candidates (because it always ends up being a Republican and a Democrat even though there are other parties out there) are not chosen by the people, especially now with our Supreme Court’s decision of Citizen’s United and McCutcheon that have allow UNLIMITED, UNTRACEABLE, amounts of campaign money…the two contenders are chosen by the tip top of the 1% in this country.
That is not a representative democracy as I see it.
I think this election here in 2016 is going to be a total “he who has the most money wins” clusterfuck.
And yet, people still have the illusion they are choosing the President…no you aren’t…that was even made more abundantly clear in the election results for the 2000 fiasco in Florida with the “hanging chads” well…if we counted popular vote, Bush would have lost and Gore would have been President…but the Supreme Court stepped in and decided for us all.
Our electoral voting system is not democratic, people of color are being disenfranchised by voting ID laws under the guise the conservatives are worried about voter fraud, when actually Google Kansas and voter fraud and see who is fraudulent for yourself.
I agree with you Sir. unfortunately many Americans feel powerless to change the system…which I also agree could lead to “a fall in a major way” i.e. violence, etc.
due to sheer frustration at the rigged system we live in here.

Back