Votes: 63 82.9%
  • I support gay marriage but I would vote against it

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I dont support gay marriage but I would still vote for it

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Im against gay marriage and I would vote against it

Votes: 8 10.5%

• Total voters
Please stop trying to belittle people with the dollar general tabloid opinions trawled from some high-school dropout loser's corner of the internet. If you have an opinion, you should state it and explain it, but not haul your load of bile over everyone.
>has never heard of the political compass
>calls my references bile
>makes homophobic statements constantly

Riiiiiight

I don't mind when you do it to me - I kind of find it fun in my own perverse way. I don't think Saru needs defending either. However, I think you need to read all the posts you have submitted to this thread so that you can come to terms with the fact that most of them are crammed with hate.
Yeah fuck it I have no time for homophobia.

Whether you like to admit it or not, you are a really nasty hater. You might like to hoodwink yourself that you're not, by calling anyone who doesn't agree with you some sort of bigot. If you go to any out-in-the-open bigot's website, you'll recognise the style: it's the same as yours, albeit about different topics.
Ever heard of 'mean girls'? Not the movie(s), the type of person.

A mean girl is a token woman with a smile on her face with a pretty style of talking, one who does nothing but spew mean-spirited hate while pretending to be nice and sweet.

I'm not going to pretend I like you or respect your opinions. Maybe you should stop trying to take the upper hand, because you haven't gained it in anyone's eyes but uberrogo.

I think the topic of gay marriage is worth discussing. You might not agree with that - but if something cannot be discussed, but only couched in nasty attacks on anyone who does not automatically agree - what does that tell you about the topic?
I think it's worth fucking discussing too. In the context of, I WANT TO HAVE THE SAME MARRIAGE RIGHTS AS HETEROSEXUALS BECAUSE THEIR LOVE AND DEDICATION IS NO BETTER THAN MINE. You. Bigot.

Are you some kind of idiot? You are just blatently contradicting yourself now.
Oh, the known racist calls me a contradictory idiot. Brilliant.

Flavus/rogo circle jerk in full effect.

What I say stands: 2,000 years of gay marriage hasn't been all sunshine and love. No, there was also much repression by the good ol' Christian morality squad.

Calling people names to cause more hurt and pain does nothing to advance communication - expression of thoughts and ideas - and understanding.

It will also get you an infraction.

Stop it.

Calling people names to cause more hurt and pain does nothing to advance communication - expression of thoughts and ideas - and understanding.

Stop it.

For clarification purposes, am I allowed to call them the Morality Squad or is that a negative?

I just can't get over the fact that this is as controversial as it is, such a simple, simple thing.

My brother is gay.
He would love to get married and wants to have children.
He should be allowed to do this.
It would make him happy.
End of story.

Reactions: 5r6jhd
What I have learned in this thread is that when people are upset and want to express that they type all in caps. That being said:

I'M UPSET. CAN WE MAKE THIS THREAD ABOUT MY FEELINGS?

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
What I have learned in this thread is that when people are upset and want to express that they type all in caps. That being said:

I'M UPSET. CAN WE MAKE THIS THREAD ABOUT MY FEELINGS?

There there, Sandra. Would you like to talk about the semen again?

what i have learned in this thread is that when people are upset and want to express that they type all in caps. That being said:

I'm upset. Can we make this thread about my feelings?

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, I JUST LIKE YELLING. I DO DEATH METAL VOCALS YOU KNOW.

(and hopefully it doesn't kill my caps like it did a second ago, cos that was annoying.)

For clarification purposes, am I allowed to call them the Morality Squad or is that a negative?

Ahem, let me take off my troll cape, and put on my analrapist (analyst/therapist) stockings and make a genuine post. ( [MENTION=564]acd[/MENTION] )

(Please note that the aforementioned line is simply a tribute to the greatest show of all time, and I couldn't resist saying it.)

Here's the issue, Ms. Salander,

Is that you assume anyone with a different opinion than you is wrong, uneducated, and doesn't deserve to be heard. But the issue is that if you flip the other side of this coin, the person who does that to you is a wrong hateful person. So you say you have no time for wrong hateful people, but by your own token you're a wrong hateful person. Now please note, I'm not calling you a wrong/hateful person in this post, I'm simply telling you what I'm noticing. You claim to fight for the rights of the gays, but I have a better solution, as a gay man: Why not fight for the rights of humans? We've added a label to these groups of people who don't need a label. If you were to dissect us, then we are gay and lesbian, you and I. But in the bigger picture, we're people. You see, most people don't mind, and infact support the right for all people to be treated equal. Now, the funny thing is that thats what this country was founded on.

You say constantly the Christians are these hurtful people who hate everyone. However, research has been conducted and its been proven that Christians are actually named after a man named Christ, now Christ was on this earth to save it. Because, according to the Bible, which I believe in as a Christian, when Man first sinned, and separated us from God, we were damned. Because the wages of sin is death. However God has again and again gone to all lengths to save us. After time and time again we messed everything up; he came and he said fear not because I love you and I will give you another chance. And because of this chance, because God loved us so much, he gaves us his only Son, note the word gave. He gave us Jesus, and Jesus in turn gave us the love of his Father. Now I realize this is not vacation bible school, and the last thing you want is a sermon. But what is the main thing you get from this part?

That its all based on love, forgiveness, and another chance. Because you see, God sent Jesus to save us. But who was he saving us from? He was saving us from ourselves. When humanity is left alone, we squander all that we are given. But through God, and Jesus we are given new life. Nowhere in the Bible does Jesus say its ok to hate anyone no matter what. When his disciples were wronged they said Jesus can we avenge us? He said no, but forgive your enemies, as I have forgiven you. And they practically mocked him and said "but how many times must we forgive them? 7 times 7?" No, he said, "70 times 7."

Now here's where we tie into this little Bible lesson. It is our (LGBT) time to forgive. Now with that note I don't want it to sound like I'm saying "we've been wronged by the world woe is us," because there have been some pretty nasty mean people who have been LGBT who have wronged the world. While yes, the Conservative movement in general condemns gay marriage, many, in fact most do not condemn GAY PEOPLE. They fight for the rights of ALL people. Because when America was founded, if you were gay you had just the same right to own land as you did if you were straight. If you were a woman, you could not own land but mainly because when you married, whatever the man owned, you also owned. (Whereas nowadays if you get married you can choose to put your names on property together etc.) We, the gays, need to stop fighting for gay marriage, and instead fight for the understanding that all people deserve the right to be people. And I as a Christian, will fight for the idea that all people are loved by God, and the world needs to remember that. Because, you see Unpersons, if we fight for the right to be ourselves, then we can marry. If we instead of making the government bigger, we make it smaller, then whos to say we aren't allowed to get married? If the government doesn't tell us what to do anymore.

See Obama says he supports gay marriage, Romney condemns it, but here's the issue, they're both government people. In fact, Romney is hardly a republican, he's practically a democrat. So he claims he will fight to make sure you and I will never be allowed to marry whom we please, and Obama will fight for us to allow to marry whomever we please. But who are they? Who are they to say who we can or cannot marry? If we shrink the governments control over us, (Us the states) then we the states can decide for ourselves what we want and do not want. So perhaps wherever you live will not allow gay marriage, but the state next to you does. Why not move to that state?

I've heard the argument that people make saying 'we shouldn't have to move, we're Americans too!' well sorry, frankly you can't make everyone else agree with you and you shouldn't try either. The founder fathers understood, since some were Christian, some were theist, and some were atheist, that you can't get everyone to agree to one thing hardly ever. So what can you do? You can let them choose for themselves and not make everyone agree.

Freedom for gays will only come when we fight for the freedom of People. The Left, and the LGBT community in general has turned a group of people only connected by one aspect of them, as this sensationalistic dying race that must be protected and sheltered and coddled. We can't make everyone believe we have the right to marry, and we shouldn't try. Because if we have the right to believe we can marry, they have the right to believe we cannot. That is the values this country was founded on, and the values that have made this country of ragtag colonists mocked and joked by the rest of the world as a country that most of the world fears. The difference between the right and the left, is that the left says we know what is wrong and what is right, and anyone else is wrong. The right says we can't say what is right and what is wrong, that is for the individual person to decide.

Now unpersons, isn't that what you're fighting for? The right to decide for yourself? If that is true, then why are you fighting so hard for a leftist society? Is yours (and in this case mine also) freedom really so great if it comes at the cost of crushing others freedoms? You see, I have a point for everything in this post. Please do not say Christians, Conservatives, Tea Partiers, or Republicans are bad, wrong, evil and hateful people. Instead say this: Humans in general are wrong, bad, evil and hateful people. No one is exempt from that, I understand you're not religious, but we all must stop and forgive others as we have been forgiven. We must give grace and compassion to those who hate us, and so they may give grace and compassion back. And if they don't? If they still hate us? Well then, I guess thats why those two things are called grace and compassion. Handing out labels and titles such as racists and homophobes and bigots, is just as damning and damaging to them, as is it is to ourselves. Anyone one human is never right on every topic, so it is not right for me to say that what I believe is right, and what you believe is wrong. Because who says I’m right? As a Christian, I believe this is because we are of the world, and the world is of Sin, and so only God is right. However, even an atheist can benefit from this, because, again I’ll say it: If you believe you’re right in believing you should marry who you marry, then the other party is right in believing you shouldn’t marry, of their own merit. This isn’t grade school, we can’t bully others into believing all one thing. Instead we give them love, not hate; forgiveness, not condemnation; charity, not scorn; understanding, not forced ignorance; life to be who they want to be, not death.

Hah!

Forgive me for saying this - but you calling them the morality squad is the same thing - for you are applying your morals to them...just as they are trying to apply their morals upon you.

It's get us no where - really.

Hmmm...to me it's obvious you are very hurt because you're not being accepted for you who truly are. Your pain is more evident than theirs....as you are willing to express it more ...ummm. vehemently. Expressing your pain in this particular thread can only be effective as a venue for persuasion if - and only if - the other participants are willing to see -AND - this is the important part - empathize with your pain.

When people get down to name calling - in order to inflict pain - no empathy is fostered.
When people resort to name calling in order to call attention - to whatever - no understanding is gained.

I mean - you may slap my face to get my attention to your plight - but in that moment all I'm going to SEE is red hot anger. ....Not your pain.... Not your perspective.... Not your anguish.
Right?

As you have not slapped me in the face - I DO see your anguish - your hurt - your sadness...and...I feel it too. Not only for you - but for all the peoples who are in the same position - whether they be LBGT - or of a certain color - or of a certain heritage - or Woman - or any of a number of categories.

I see you as a human being - a person - a heart - who has been oppressed and marginalized and is seeking acceptance in the society.

For what it's worth - I accept you.

If others are homophobic - which I really don't see that here - what can you do about them anyway? Homophobia by it's definition is Fear of Homosexuals. Fear of you. You may see hatred - but I see Fear as the root cause of the hatred and anger. Sheesh.... You cannot have a discussion with people when they are caught up in Fear mode.

So...if one wants to talk about morality - then one has to go into it with the understanding morality is subjective - it's learned behavior - it has nothing whatsoever to do with Truth or Fact.

Reactions: Saru Inc
I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, I JUST LIKE YELLING. I DO DEATH METAL VOCALS YOU KNOW.

(and hopefully it doesn't kill my caps like it did a second ago, cos that was annoying.)

Would you like to talk to us about your feelings?

I just can't get over the fact that this is as controversial as it is, such a simple, simple thing.

My brother is gay.
He would love to get married and wants to have children.
He should be allowed to do this.
It would make him happy.
End of story.

???? What happened to my "Like" ability?

Wonderful! :)

Stop it.

I should have included this was not directed at any one person in particular.

It was directed at any who have - and may be thinking of - calling people names to incite and hurt.

Being from Canada, I don't care about gay marriage. It's legal and widely practiced here. Some gay people get married in churches, some get married in city halls. Some straight people get married in churches, some straight people get married in city halls. Some are religious. Some are not. It all blends together and has zero impact on me what so ever.

I suppose if I strongly subscribed to a religious or political belief that I might feel that my belief system was being threatened by people who did not fall into the specific parameters of such beliefs. I suppose I might find it important for me to impose those personal beliefs on other people to honour it. I suppose that I may be concerned about whether or not I might get into heaven and to make sure I received extra brownie points so I display hatred towards those who aren't so concerned about getting into heaven or those who are but may go about it in a different way (hate can move mountains, if you didn't know). I suppose that in this case I may vote against gay people getting married not for their own sake but for my own because, you know, it matters a lot if their anatomy doesn't fit together just so. I don't think I'd be particularly interested in the beliefs or the feelings of the people I was voting against because, let's face it, according to my belief system they're all going to hell anyway, but maybe if I vote against their marriages they might not act on their gay feelings because no one who wants to go to heaven has sex outside of marriage, so if gay people don't get married maybe they won't have sex and then I'll have done another good deed by saving their souls.... Because, you know, it's the right thing to do. It's okay if I contradict myself because it's all in the name of my personal beliefs and political association.

Wait a minute...

Being a human is hard when there are other humans who do things we don't like because we're told we're not supposed to like it :(

Reactions: hush
INFJ forums, what the fuck are you doing to me? I'm not usually overly soft and feely, but I think I'm going to have to step away from my computer for a while. I'm feeling far too emotional over all of this right now.

[MENTION=5358]unpersons[/MENTION], I agree you should probably cool it in your posts. They are a little hard to read when you're worked up, and your points end up coming accross a little weak. With that said, lots of love for you tonight honey! x

Reactions: Quiet
296k5k6.jpg

I agree with Saru Inc, america sucks, move to sweden.

Reactions: hush
I agree with Saru Inc, america sucks, move to sweden.

My great great (great?) grandparents are from Sweden.

THAT PLACE IS FRIGGEN CRAZY.

Holy crap. Sweden is so far left its not only off the map its off the universe.

and i can say that because im like practically %80 swedish. (Got some Swedes on my moms and dads side).

also its cold up there