Votes: 8 10.5%

• Total voters
15cbyhd.jpg

bbl smashing computer

oh ok yeah i think mustaches are corny also

SO FAR LEFT?!

Omg that sounds like a dream come true.

*Goes to Sweden on vacation, wearing tanktops and shorts*

It's nice to be around people who are tolerant. It only gets bad when people are tolerant to the point of intolerance.

Anyway, my prediction is that legalizing gay marriage is not going to get in the way of conservative lifestyles. It may appear to be poor taste or unnatural for some people, but wouldn't this rather encourage heterosexual couples to improve their marriages? If one wishes to pursue a heterosexualization program for one's nation, doesn't it help to encourage truly impressive heterosexual marriages, so that it becomes the pinnacle of beauty and truth, according to one's beliefs? But if those marriages seem superficial or significantly unimpressive, then it really does not help a conservative cause.

It's a weird analogy, but when I see that someone is wearing an outfit that looks tacky to me, it makes me check my own outfit to see if I could improve on it.

I am getting used to the idea of gay couples, whether they are legally recognized or not. I think there are many liberal heterosexuals who think that gay couples are a weird or fun novelty that is one notch below their form of romance, even though they have the "magnanimity" of accepting and tolerating it. If it is truly normal and normalized in their perspective, then maybe it's time for their attitudes to match their so-called beliefs; otherwise, they should declare themselves to be conservatives rather than pretend to be liberals.

The unfortunate thing is that there is this prevalent idea that other peoples actions and personal beliefs somehow threaten and demean what the individual holds sacred.
I wish that more people would take personal responsibility for their own beliefs and allow others to do the same.

Somewhere in Philippians it says, "Let a man work out his own salvation with fear and trembling."
If you do not believe in gay marriage, then don't be gay and don't get married...
And allow people to make their own decisions regarding their morality and lifestyle.

Be the virtue that you wish to see in the world--

There are too many laws in this country (US).
Laws should protect beings from danger and harm.
That's people--not ideas--not belief systems.
You can't steal from or violate or kill a belief system because it exists within the individual..Or it should anyway--were people to take more personal responsibility for their beliefs.

Why are we trying to enact legislation to protect belief systems???

Last edited:
Reactions: 5r6jhd
I think with this issue, the concern is about not just about economics and legal status. If it were, civil unions would be accepted. The issue is one of personhood and status as well. Not having same sex couples receive the same legal sanctions as heterosexual couples in marriage, for many, indicates that the LGBT persons do not have the same rights of personhood as heterosexual individuals. Of course, this is not true of course because everyone has right to personhood. But whether everyone has a right to "marriage" is another question. And who has the right to decide who should be married? I agree that the states should decide rather than having the gov't make a federal law. Since "marriage" has a long history and a highly respected social, legal, and civil status, it is understandable why many would want to view that category as distinct. It has a particular social, gendered, and legal meaning that other civil partnerships do not have. And whether or not it's practiced more or less, "marriage" is still considered a unique partnership unlike any other. I believe respecting that unique status of "marriage" as an agreement between a heterosexual couple is fair. I don't think it's something that the government should decide. I can understand why "civil union" is not considered a favorable term because it sounds "legal" rather seeming like a term which reflects a personal, important committment that is not just based on a legal contract between two people.

If you are Christian, your beliefs come from the Bible and God, not from man. It's not considered appropriate to change what the Word of God says to fit what people feel or think. That's a common belief for those who are Christians. It's not our job to judge people but we are expected to live by a set of principles which we believe are sound and reasonable. If others don't agree, we can understand and show respect for the person's choices but still choose to hold on to our own beliefs. I doubt the Bible supports hatred or resentment towards those who don't share those beliefs. Disagreement with someone which goes against the Biblical beliefs we hold is not always a matter of feeling threatened or hateful, or devisive. For some, since I can't speak for everyone, it is simply a difference of belief. I can understand and respect different points of view without taking a position. Actually, I do that every day at work. Not my right to judge. For Christians, God is the ultimate judge, not humanity.

Whatever my personal beliefs, I wouldn't vote.

Last edited:
The unfortunate thing is that there is this prevalent idea that other peoples actions and personal beliefs somehow threaten and demean what the individual holds sacred.
I wish that more people would take personal responsibility for their own beliefs and allow others to do the same.

Somewhere in Philippians it says, "Let a man work out his own salvation with fear and trembling."
If you do not believe in gay marriage, then don't be gay and don't get married...
And allow people to make their own decisions regarding their morality and lifestyle.

You can't steal from or violate or kill a belief system because it exists within the individual..Or it should anyway--were people to take more personal responsibility for their beliefs.

Quit pushing my morals on me, heathen!

Oh, the known racist calls me a contradictory idiot. Brilliant.

I guess when you have nothing else just call someone a racist.

Reactions: Saru Inc
I guess when you have nothing else just call someone a racist.

I can't read this without seeing that one image [MENTION=564]acd[/MENTION] has posted a couple times. It has invaded my mind.

All together now:
thats_racist_girl.gif

;_;

funny-pictures-scared-cat-naked-guy.jpg

I will be 87.5 years years old. The people around me will be having an in-depth discussion when suddenly I hear "that's racist, y'know." My eyes will glaze over, and all I will see, all I will know, is a red-headed lady with wild eyes and a thick coat of lipstick.

Reactions: acd

I thought you would have picked up that I was agreeing with you for the most part and keeping things light.

But on the flip side...

I still stand behind what I said before, but I dont care enough to bother people about it. I probably wouldnt vote against it if it came up. I dont have a problem with gay people generally speaking. If they want to pair up and get the same tax and social benefits that married people do I dont really care enough to stop them. Will I personally see them the same as I see straight married people? No. Will I think in the cosmic scheme of things that they are morally right? No. Am I going to bother them about it? No. Am I going to go out of my way to legislate LGBT legislation? No. But since we are on a forum I can talk about what I think is morally right and what is morally wrong because that is what forums are for and I think discussing it is fun.

Reactions: AKM and acd
There is a battle between moralism and anti-moralism, and I wonder if there is a common basis for debate at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: acd