How can we take it back?

Why do you find this curious? Most religions teach we are sinners...and therefore heavily judged as being bad. Also most religions teach theirs in the only Truth and all others are not worthy.
I should think those children would be very judgmental and non accepting of differences.

I was trying to be nice is what that was Kgal…hahahaha.
(couldn’t agree more with what you wrote especially since I grew up Mormon)

This is simply wonderful news to see happening....

"Thousands of indigenous people now have their ancestral homeland and the natural life support systems that sustain their communities protected by national law. It’s a huge win for the planet!
After more than a decade of discussion and planning, Peru on Sunday will officially designate Sierra del Divisor National Park, a 1.3 million hectare (3.3 million acre) reserve that is home to uncontacted indigenous tribes, endangered wildlife, and one of South America’s wildest landscapes.
The much-awaited news was revealed late Friday night in a series of tweets by Peru’s Environment Minister Manuel Pulgar-Vidal, who called the declaration a “historic event”.
“The creation of the Sierra del Divisor National Park is a historic event,” he said. “It is a confirmation of the Peruvian government’s commitment to conservation, sustainable development and the fight against climate change.” http://news.mongabay.com/2015/11/peru-creates-yellowstone-of-the-amazon/

sierra-del-divisor-cono.jpg

This is simply wonderful news to see happening....

"Thousands of indigenous people now have their ancestral homeland and the natural life support systems that sustain their communities protected by national law. It’s a huge win for the planet!
After more than a decade of discussion and planning, Peru on Sunday will officially designate Sierra del Divisor National Park, a 1.3 million hectare (3.3 million acre) reserve that is home to uncontacted indigenous tribes, endangered wildlife, and one of South America’s wildest landscapes.
The much-awaited news was revealed late Friday night in a series of tweets by Peru’s Environment Minister Manuel Pulgar-Vidal, who called the declaration a “historic event”.
“The creation of the Sierra del Divisor National Park is a historic event,” he said. “It is a confirmation of the Peruvian government’s commitment to conservation, sustainable development and the fight against climate change.” http://news.mongabay.com/2015/11/peru-creates-yellowstone-of-the-amazon/

sierra-del-divisor-cono.jpg

That is so awesome…maybe the Native Americans in AZ who just had their sacred land yanked out from under them to dig a pit mine can hire the Peruvian lawyers and fix that bullshit too!

This is a travesty happening without our boarders!

[video=youtube;xuAAPsiD768]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xuAAPsiD768[/video]

Pope is currently helping the MoD sift through around 2,000 previously-secret UFO files that will soon be released to the public, possibly as early as this month.....John Burroughs."

A real-life Mulder, Pope was a regular civil servant in the Ministry of Defence when, in 1991, he was transferred to the vague-sounding Air Staff (Secretariat) department.
He was later named head of the British government’s UFO Project.
What Pope saw during his years as a MoD UFO investigator turned him from, in his words, a “total sceptic” to someone who was convinced aliens were a reality.

http://loaded.co.uk/why-the-truth-about-aliens-will-never-be-out-there/

We are taking it back by revealing the secrecy and lies...

A real-life Mulder, Pope was a regular civil servant in the Ministry of Defence when, in 1991, he was transferred to the vague-sounding Air Staff (Secretariat) department.
He was later named head of the British government’s UFO Project.
What Pope saw during his years as a MoD UFO investigator turned him from, in his words, a “total sceptic” to someone who was convinced aliens were a reality.

http://loaded.co.uk/why-the-truth-about-aliens-will-never-be-out-there/

We are taking it back by revealing the secrecy and lies...

I will be interested to see if anything is found in these files!
And even more interested to see what is released to the public.

Just the eyewitness accounts from pilots, who in all honesty, often get reprimanded for reporting such things, and only do so at their own risk…as then their credibility as a pilot is called into question. There is no personal gain to be had for such reports and if find that far more compelling than released blacked-out govt. documents.

[video=youtube;D1pYoZh5P4w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=D1pYoZh5P4w[/video]​

This is pathetic!
We haven’t gotten past this racist bullshit yet?
WTF is wrong with people?
And seriously…what is wrong with those cops to resign over something like this…seems like maybe we all would be better off with the former cops working at Foot Locker in the Mall (maybe Hot Dog On A Stick).
Or, maybe we would all be better off if the Sun just blew up right now…
*sigh*

MO TOWN ELECTS FIRST BLACK MAYOR,
80 PERCENT OF POLICE FORCE IMMEDIATELY RESIGNS (VIDEO)

http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politi...nt-of-police-force-immediately-resigns-video/

Woot! Looks like the government is finally opening their hearts...www.indianz.com/News/2015/019655.asp

The Obama administration will be canceling a controversial energy lease on sacred Blackfeet Nation land in Montana,
government attorneys announced on Monday. Tribal leaders cheered the decision, which was more than 30 years in the making. They have been trying to prevent oil and gas drilling in the Badger-Two Medicine Area ever since the Reagan administration approved leases without consulting them.
“Badger-Two Medicine is too sacred to develop,” Chairman Harry Barnes said from Browning, the headquarters of the Blackfeet Nation. “We’re grateful this administration has taken a critical step toward permanent protection of this site that is like a church -- a divine sanctuary -- to our people.”
The filing in federal court was not unexpected. As part of a plan submitted in August, the Department of Justice said the Obama administration would reveal the next steps in the long-running case by the end of this month.

badgercreek.jpg

11998853_10206706405392118_3658797863900536807_n.jpg

While I agree with the sentiment expressed, the image fails to address ISIS' objectively more reprehensible actions relative to law enforcement as well as the (idealistically) good intentions behind what motivated the violations of human rights listed.

Analysis links 590 suicides to push to get disabled working

A cruel false economy? UK government efforts to reduce the number of people claiming disability benefit appear to have driven 590 people in England to suicide and to have put 725,000 more on antidepressants.

Researchers suggest the adverse effects of this policy might outweigh any benefits, and could result in disabled people becoming more dependent on state aid, not less.

Since 2010, more than a million people have had their eligibility for disability allowance reviewed. There have been claims that this process has been too severe, putting pressure on people who really are unfit to work and, sometimes, pushing them to suicide.

But it has been hard to evaluate these claims. The UK Department of Work and Pensions has declined to release health data on those that lost their benefits. So Ben Barr at the University of Liverpool and his colleagues have instead looked at whether mental health indicators changed in local areas after the people living there underwent reassessment.

The team found that, as each of 149 local authorities in England was reassessed between 2010 and 2013, the local suicide rate and number of antidepressant subscriptions increased. The number of people reporting mental health problems for the first time also rose to around 275,000. However, these three measures only rose among people of working age, pointing the finger towards the government programme to get more people into work.

The analysis included extensive controls for other possible factors, and a further statistical analysis showed that mental health problems rose only after an area had been reassessed. These effects were more pronounced in low-income areas, exacerbating the poorer health of people in these areas.
Austerity effects

Of those people reassessed, about a fifth had their benefits revoked, says Barr. But just the uncertainty of the process may have been too stressful for some. “Even if at the end of that they remained eligible, the months of uncertainty had a negative impact.”

It is not clear, in the absence of government statistics, whether the plan has managed to get more people into work. The same team found in 2010 that under similar policies in other countries, people who lost disability benefit tended to end up claiming unemployment benefit instead. Barr says a forthcoming study by his team has found that the reassessment policy has moved fewer people into work than the government hoped.

The results appear to be consistent with concerns about the impact of austerity measures in general, and the complex pathways influencing suicide and mental health during recessions, says David Gunnell of the University of Bristol. Between 2008 and 2010, he identified 1000 extra suicide deaths in the UK, plus up to 40,000 additional suicide attempts, that were linked to the economic recession.

But there are remedies. Gunnell says some research shows that in countries that spend more helping the unemployed, especially young people, find jobs or train for work, the rate of suicide associated with unemployment is less.

Journal reference: Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health, DOI: 10.1136/jech-2015-206209

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn28499-analysis-links-590-suicides-to-push-to-get-disabled-working/

Snakes in Suits (the title of a book about psychopaths) strike again.

Why can we not have Hippocratic Oath for politicians? If greed overtakes them, it should be possible to prosecute them and put them in an institution or in jail.

They belong to the Loony Bin.

They regard life as a poker game. It is all about lying and bluffing for material wealth. If you are smart, you will win all the cash on the table. The winner takes it all!!!

Donald Trump does not like the disabled.

[video=youtube;HGAqmaBjQxg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGAqmaBjQxg[/video]

And in the UK, disability makes you a "cheater" of the benefits system.

While I agree with the sentiment expressed, the image fails to address ISIS' objectively more reprehensible actions relative to law enforcement as well as the (idealistically) good intentions behind what motivated the violations of human rights listed.

I used to work very closely with law enforcement when I was a paramedic, and I never met a bad apple.
The meme is exaggerative in that sense but I like sarcastic and edgy humor personally.
I also don’t doubt that our police force is way too militarized and has been conditioned to shoot first then figure out if the victims are innocent.

And while I also agree that ISIS has done some very terrible human rights violations - there is something wrong with the US when 1 in 4 of it’s own “free” citizen’s are in prison….the most in the world, surpassing China and Russia.
Meanwhile, systemic racism is very much alive and is seriously effecting peoples’ lives.
More likely to be pulled over than whites…to be shot than whites…harsher sentences than whites, etc..
Statistically, white folks had drugs on them more often in traffic stops but yet the majority of traffic stops are still people of color…why?
They even just did a study that showed employers are more likely to hire an ex-con if he/she was white over a NON ex-con person of color with nearly equal resumes.
Or the other one that showed even if the name on the application sounded “black” they were less likely to be hired.
So yes…it is comparing apples and oranges…and it was meant to make you stop and read it for what it is.
Tasteless as I can be ;-)

Analysis links 590 suicides to push to get disabled working

A cruel false economy? UK government efforts to reduce the number of people claiming disability benefit appear to have driven 590 people in England to suicide and to have put 725,000 more on antidepressants.

Researchers suggest the adverse effects of this policy might outweigh any benefits, and could result in disabled people becoming more dependent on state aid, not less.

Since 2010, more than a million people have had their eligibility for disability allowance reviewed. There have been claims that this process has been too severe, putting pressure on people who really are unfit to work and, sometimes, pushing them to suicide.

But it has been hard to evaluate these claims. The UK Department of Work and Pensions has declined to release health data on those that lost their benefits. So Ben Barr at the University of Liverpool and his colleagues have instead looked at whether mental health indicators changed in local areas after the people living there underwent reassessment.

The team found that, as each of 149 local authorities in England was reassessed between 2010 and 2013, the local suicide rate and number of antidepressant subscriptions increased. The number of people reporting mental health problems for the first time also rose to around 275,000. However, these three measures only rose among people of working age, pointing the finger towards the government programme to get more people into work.

The analysis included extensive controls for other possible factors, and a further statistical analysis showed that mental health problems rose only after an area had been reassessed. These effects were more pronounced in low-income areas, exacerbating the poorer health of people in these areas.
Austerity effects

Of those people reassessed, about a fifth had their benefits revoked, says Barr. But just the uncertainty of the process may have been too stressful for some. “Even if at the end of that they remained eligible, the months of uncertainty had a negative impact.”

It is not clear, in the absence of government statistics, whether the plan has managed to get more people into work. The same team found in 2010 that under similar policies in other countries, people who lost disability benefit tended to end up claiming unemployment benefit instead. Barr says a forthcoming study by his team has found that the reassessment policy has moved fewer people into work than the government hoped.

The results appear to be consistent with concerns about the impact of austerity measures in general, and the complex pathways influencing suicide and mental health during recessions, says David Gunnell of the University of Bristol. Between 2008 and 2010, he identified 1000 extra suicide deaths in the UK, plus up to 40,000 additional suicide attempts, that were linked to the economic recession.

But there are remedies. Gunnell says some research shows that in countries that spend more helping the unemployed, especially young people, find jobs or train for work, the rate of suicide associated with unemployment is less.

Journal reference: Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health, DOI: 10.1136/jech-2015-206209

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...590-suicides-to-push-to-get-disabled-working/

Snakes in Suits (the title of a book about psychopaths) strike again.

Why can we not have Hippocratic Oath for politicians? If greed overtakes them, it should be possible to prosecute them and put them in an institution or in jail.

They belong to the Loony Bin.

They regard life as a poker game. It is all about lying and bluffing for material wealth. If you are smart, you will win all the cash on the table. The winner takes it all!!!

Donald Trump does not like the disabled.

[video=youtube;HGAqmaBjQxg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGAqmaBjQxg[/video]

And in the UK, disability makes you a "cheater" of the benefits system.

It really is amazing how they have twisted basic ideals of human rights and nature and have equated being poor with being lazy…with being on drugs….with being stupid…having no work-ethic, etc. etc.
I see our own Congress as all those things they purport the poor and the disabled to be even to the point of it being an exaggeration comically.

The topic of Disability is very near and dear to me as you may or may not know.
I was able to get disability status just this year for the type of rheumatoid arthritis I have called “Ankylosing Spondylitis”…it basically starts in your SI Joints (where your spine meets your hips) and then works it way progressively up your spine, fusing it as it goes. My Grandfather who I probably got it from, had a fully fused spine…he had to turn his whole body to look at you….when you went on the freeway, there was no looking to see if it was clear over his shoulder…he just hoped people got out of the way hahahaha.
Anyhow, back in those days when it started in him, he was actually bedridden for almost 4 years due to the pain and his spine fusing.
My own employer denied and denied the Remicade IV therapy that I needed…I was on Enbrel at the time, and gave myself a shot once a week.
But it wore out and I was in more and more pain….I couldn’t stand there all day and do heart surgery anymore…I mean, I could if I took a bunch of the pain meds. - but then who wants someone doing surgery on them who is on a bunch of pain meds right? Hahaha.
So even though my Rheumatologist requested again and again (along with a new MRI I never got) for the Remicade, they just kept denying it because it cost too much for the IV therapy clinic (which is stupid, I could start the IV myself, or at the very least I knew nurses who would do it for me for free) they just didn’t want to pay for the medication.
So I got so bad, I couldn’t work…and amazingly the very first time I applied for Disability I was approved (which is unheard of…like you have to hire a lawyer and appeal it and this other shit).
So while I don’t plan on being on Disability my whole life, I am glad that it is there.
And it should rightly be there….I have worked full-time since I was 17 and am 38 now, was in the United States Coast Guard for a couple years, paid all my taxes, paid into Social Security Disability and have busted my ass to get to where I was assisting with open heart surgeries in a 4 star cardiac program (the most stars you can get).
Even though I get down on myself in regards to what I can or can’t do physically now, I know that in the many years and may professions where I have directly effected the lives of someone and their loved ones and nothing can ever change that.

Our own GOP branch of the govt. wants to privatize social security…which is what Bush tried to do right before the Wall Street collapse.
The program would remain solvent if the govt. wouldn’t use the SS money for other things they want to use it for - there was a law to prevent that from happening, but Reagan did away with it.
All we need to do is reinstate that law and raise the SS cut off amount by $100,000 or so…because after people make a certain amount of money, they no longer have to pay a percentage of that to SS here in America.

Last edited:
It really is amazing how they have twisted basic ideals of human rights and nature and have equated being poor with being lazy…with being on drugs….with being stupid…having no work-ethic, etc. etc.
I see our own Congress as all those things they purport the poor and the disabled to be even to the point of it being an exaggeration comically.

The topic of Disability is very near and dear to me as you may or may not know.
I was able to get disability status just this year for the type of rheumatoid arthritis I have called “Ankylosing Spondylitis”…it basically starts in your SI Joints (where your spine meets your hips) and then works it way progressively up your spine, fusing it as it goes. My Grandfather who I probably got it from, had a fully fused spine…he had to turn his whole body to look at you….when you went on the freeway, there was no looking to see if it was clear over his shoulder…he just hoped people got out of the way hahahaha.
Anyhow, back in those days when it started in him, he was actually bedridden for almost 4 years due to the pain and his spine fusing.
My own employer denied and denied the Remicade IV therapy that I needed…I was on Enbrel at the time, and gave myself a shot once a week.
But it wore out and I was in more and more pain….I couldn’t stand there all day and do heart surgery anymore…I mean, I could if I took a bunch of the pain meds. - but then who wants someone doing surgery on them who is on a bunch of pain meds right? Hahaha.
So even though my Rheumatologist requested again and again (along with a new MRI I never got) for the Remicade, they just kept denying it because it cost too much for the IV therapy clinic (which is stupid, I could start the IV myself, or at the very least I knew nurses who would do it for me for free) they just didn’t want to pay for the medication.
So I got so bad, I couldn’t work…and amazingly the very first time I applied for Disability I was approved (which is unheard of…like you have to hire a lawyer and appeal it and this other shit).
So while I don’t plan on being on Disability my whole life, I am glad that it is there.
And it should rightly be there….I have worked full-time since I was 17 and am 38 now, was in the United States Coast Guard for a couple years, paid all my taxes, paid into Social Security Disability and have busted my ass to get to where I was assisting with open heart surgeries in a 4 star cardiac program (the most stars you can get).
Even though I get down on myself in regards to what I can or can’t do physically now, I know that in the many years and may professions where I have directly effected the lives of someone and their loved ones and nothing can ever change that.

Our own GOP branch of the govt. wants to privatize social security…which is what Bush tried to do right before the Wall Street collapse.
The program would remain solvent if the govt. wouldn’t use the SS money for other things they want to use it for - there was a law to prevent that from happening, but Reagan did away with it.
All we need to do is reinstate that law and raise the SS cut off amount by $100,000 or so…because after people make a certain amount of money, they no longer have top pay a percentage of that to SS here in America.

It'd also be nice if part time was more acceptable, and hours more flexible. 8, 10, 12 hour days every day is such a pain in the ass. It's like if you can make yourself work a mere few hours they say "Oh, you can work, you don't need anything"

Of course I can 'work'. I'm not a vegetable.

It'd also be nice if part time was more acceptable, and hours more flexible. 8, 10, 12 hour days every day is such a pain in the ass. It's like if you can make yourself work a mere few hours they say "Oh, you can work, you don't need anything"

Of course I can 'work'. I'm not a vegetable.

We have numerous studies from around the globe showing things like naps at work increase production…but that isn’t the Murican way.
When I was on the heart team I would wake up every day at 4 am to be there by 530 and begin preparing the room for the surgery and for me to set up the back table of instruments and what not.
If you were on the heart team (and it’s like this almost everywhere) then you end up taking a shit-load of call time too - yes, people still use pagers!
So if I was on call that day or the next 5 days in a row…I could come in, finish the first surgery hopefully by 1pm…then if we had another and I was on call then I just stayed for as long as I was needed to stay…which often meant going home at 11 or midnight, then expecting to be there the next morning to do it again.
I wasn’t unusual at all for me to have 130+ hours within a two week pay period.
Which is a nice chunk of change but it’s hard word to get it…and the thing is, the hospital used to get around labor laws with us all the time.
I once tried to claim 4 days of missed lunches…which was absolutely true, but was told to fudge it by my supervisor…after I couldn’t get her to put that in an e-mail so I had some proof, she got wise to where I was going with it and dropped it.
I busted my ass for that hospital and the heart program, I busted my ass for the patients that I did surgery on, even the ones who died.
I agree with people like Bernie Sanders…if you are going to work full-time in this country then you shouldn’t have to need food stamps in order to feed yourself.
Especially companies like Wal-mart who make a ridiculous amount of money from government SNAP being spent at their stores.
So why pay your employees enough to make that cash cow vanish?
Sickness.

We have numerous studies from around the globe showing things like naps at work increase production…but that isn’t the Murican way.
When I was on the heart team I would wake up every day at 4 am to be there by 530 and begin preparing the room for the surgery and for me to set up the back table of instruments and what not.
If you were on the heart team (and it’s like this almost everywhere) then you end up taking a shit-load of call time too - yes, people still use pagers!
So if I was on call that day or the next 5 days in a row…I could come in, finish the first surgery hopefully by 1pm…then if we had another and I was on call then I just stayed for as long as I was needed to stay…which often meant going home at 11 or midnight, then expecting to be there the next morning to do it again.
I wasn’t unusual at all for me to have 130+ hours within a two week pay period.
Which is a nice chunk of change but it’s hard word to get it…and the thing is, the hospital used to get around labor laws with us all the time.
I once tried to claim 4 days of missed lunches…which was absolutely true, but was told to fudge it by my supervisor…after I couldn’t get her to put that in an e-mail so I had some proof, she got wise to where I was going with it and dropped it.
I busted my ass for that hospital and the heart program, I busted my ass for the patients that I did surgery on, even the ones who died.
I agree with people like Bernie Sanders…if you are going to work full-time in this country then you shouldn’t have to need food stamps in order to feed yourself.
Especially companies like Wal-mart who make a ridiculous amount of money from government SNAP being spent at their stores.
So why pay your employees enough to make that cash cow vanish?
Sickness.

What pisses me off is that I would gladly work if there was a job that was accommodating. I have to frequently vary what I'm doing to avoid getting in a lot of pain. Sitting all day doesn't work for me and neither does standing all day. I have to get enough movement, enough rest, and also break things up so I'm not doing the same movement constantly.

I need to sit when I need to sit and walk when I need to walk and it's not very negotiable.

Back