In our own way, all of us are VR, I suppose. Our own unique lenses through which 'reality' focuses itself. I've wondered what it would be like to 'see' through echolocation like bats or dolphins... or even whatever other sorts of reality focusing through different phenomena sets would be like, which I haven't had the slightest clue about. I also wonder if it were possible for us to have been made such that upon death a portion of us literally lives on... we do have a lot of 'junk' dna. Thus, this existence could very easily be its own educational regimen for a better place hereafter. That's speculation now, but I guess I wouldn't be too surprised to find out that it has scientific basis... even if the entire multiverse wasn't created from scratch that way, I could imagine creating such self-evolving beings as a noble goal for a hypothetical species which may have evolved naturally before us, and spreading such seeds of life if they were able. That would be awesome to the nth. Having had my own brushes with death has probably made me think about this more, hoping that I haven't unduly caused others pain in my passing.

It is easy to think that our perception of how things are...is how things really are.
Take a single ant for instance...his life is pretty much figured out...they do not have the reasoning or intelligence to ponder a question such as - “What is this planet we are standing on?”, from the perspective of an ant you would never have such thoughts about the universe, God, or the nature of reality.
The way I have come to understand things is this - There is always something higher.
There are probably ways of perceiving things, of questioning things that haven’t, nor will they ever cross our minds because of our level of brain power.
Perhaps we are as insignificant to a higher being as an ant is to us...and any thought of - “I wonder what the ant thinks?” is immediately dismissed...not because such a being is arrogant...but because they are so far beyond us.
Perhaps we were given life by a higher power...our DNA given the keys to evolve...there is some debate about it, and like you inferred we have strands that seemingly have no use, at least not one we know of yet.
Just one of my own theories (an please don’t take this as a bigoted thing...my older brother is gay and I have discussed this with him because he know’s that I look at him in no different light than myself) is that yes, there are more people who feel comfortable coming out of the closet because we have reached that stage in societal evolution, but there could be a genetic component too....just as we see in certain species in nature when they overpopulate, or food becomes scarce...they flip their sexual orientation...I believe that we have more people who are gay in this day and age than ever before because of just such reasons.
We are destroying our food supply and overpopulating...what an elegant answer to the question of species survival. Anyhow, I have no data to back up this thought of mine....nor have I really gone digging for any either...maybe on day...it just seems like a lot of work...lol.

I've also recently started wondering about what sorts of tripped-out drugs one could make utilizing advances in understanding the quantum nature of consciousness or just bizarre sorts of chemical strains/isomers could be made... or are already here.:D ... has it already been mentioned here that it's strange for chlorophyll to be green given our distance from the sun?:D

Can you imagine the moment when our minds will be able to truly connect with a computer system?
People would begin to die off like flies...they would never leave their virtual world for the mundane one where we live now. lol
You could simulate anything...the effect of drugs....orgasm....super-powers....there are endless possibilities.
They have that film ‘Transcendence’ coming out with Johnny Depp in it about a scientist trying to upload his mind into a computer...well, this is based in reality. There is a Russian Billionaire funneling his fortune into just such research....he wants to be the first person to upload his mind into a robot body...thus giving him eternal life.
Of course then you have to ask - Is it really him...or just an accurate simulation? Does the soul transfer over too?
I have been waiting to see what will happen when we hit our own ‘singularity’...the moment computers reach the computing power of our own minds...will they “wake-up”? If computing speed doubles every year (at least that has been the trend) then the following year they will in effect be TWICE as smart as we are.
It could bring us to a new age of enlightenment...a mind two or three of four times as intelligent as ours could help us find the answers for diseases, environmental disaster, quantum physics, etc. Or they could wipe us all out should they choose to...it would be much more simple than the “Terminator” movies...no nukes, no Terminators....just a very cleverly constructed virus...easy-peasy.
Or it has been suggested that we will become like the ants are to us...not worth our time...they could quite possibly leave this planet without so much as an acknowledgment or goodbye.
This should happen in my lifetime....which is frightening but also incredible....which way will our fate turn?
Of course....mankind will undoubtedly fight back against such a sentience...we always try to destroy what we don’t understand or what scares us.
That may very well be the spark that ignites our destruction.

1510572_376910795782491_645308345_n.jpg

I need to have this tattooed to the inside of my eyelids. Yes, I know I still couldnt see it, you have you use you imagination here just a little bit.

I need to have this tattooed to the inside of my eyelids. Yes, I know I still couldnt see it, you have you use you imagination here just a little bit.
You and me both...lol.
hqdefault.jpg

It so incredibly easy to be judgmental of others without the slightest thought about how they came to be in that situation or belief or a way of thinking and reacting.
Even constantly reminding yourself of this ego trap and then patting yourself on the back for it comes devilishly close to being conceited...lol.
But I think it’s a worthy pursuit.

"My friend, I am not what I seem.
Seeming is but a garment I wear — a care-woven garment that protects me from thy questionings and thee from my negligence.
The "I" in me, my friend, dwells in the house of silence, and therein it shall remain for ever more, unperceived, unapproachable.
I would not have thee believe in what I say nor trust in what I do — for my words are naught but thy own thoughts in sound and my deeds thy own hopes in action.
My friend, I know faces, because I look through the fabric my own eye weaves, and behold the reality beneath."
~ Kahlil Gibran

10 Things Highly Intuitive People Do Differently

Intuition is challenging to define, despite the huge role it plays in our everyday lives. Steve Jobs called it, for instance, “more powerful than intellect.” But however we put it into words, we all, well, intuitively know just what it is.
Pretty much everyone has experienced a gut feeling – that unconscious reasoning that propels us to do something without telling us why or how. But the nature of intuition has long eluded us, and has inspired centuries’ worth of research and inquiry in the fields of philosophy and psychology.
I define intuition as the subtle knowing without ever having any idea why you know it,” Sophy Burnham, bestselling author of The Art of Intuition, tells The Huffington Post. “It’s different from thinking, it’s different from logic or analysis … It’s a knowing without knowing.”
Our intuition is always there, whether we’re aware of it or not. As HuffPost President and Editor-in-Chief Arianna Huffington puts it in her upcoming book Thrive:
“Even when we’re not at a fork in the road, wondering what to do and trying to hear that inner voice, our intuition is always there, always reading the situation, always trying to steer us the right way.
But can we hear it? Are we paying attention? Are we living a life that keeps the pathway to our intuition unblocked? Feeding and nurturing our intuition, and living a life in which we can make use of its wisdom, is one key way to thrive, at work and in life.”

Cognitive science is beginning to demystify the strong but sometimes inexplicable presence of unconscious reasoning in our lives and thought. Often dismissed as unscientific because of its connections to the psychic and paranormal, intuition isn’t just a bunch of hoo-ha about our “Spidey senses” – the U.S. military is even investigating the power of intuition, which has helped troops to make quick judgments during combat that ended up saving lives.

“There is a growing body of anecdotal evidence, combined with solid research efforts, that suggests intuition is a critical aspect of how we humans interact with our environment and how, ultimately, we make many of our decisions,” Ivy Estabrooke, a program manager at the Office of Naval Research, told the New York Times in 2012.
Here are 10 things that people in touch with their intuition do differently.

THEY LISTEN TO THAT INNER VOICE.

o-INTROSPECTION-570.jpg

“It’s very easy to dismiss intuition,” says Burnham. “But it’s a great gift that needs to be noticed.”
The No. 1 thing that distinguishes intuitive people is that they listen to, rather than ignore, theguidance of their intuitions and gut feelings.
“Everybody is connected to their intuition, but some people don’t pay attention to it as intuition,” Burnham say. “I have yet to meet a successful businessman that didn’t say, ‘I don’t know why I did that, it was just a hunch.’”
In order to make our best decisions, we need a balance of intuition – which serves to bridge the gap between instinct and reasoning – and rational thinking, according to Francis Cholle, author of The Intuitive Compass. But the cultural bias against following one’s instinct or intuition often leads to disregarding our hunches — to our own detriment.
“We don’t have to reject scientific logic in order to benefit from instinct,” says Cholle. “We can honor and call upon all of these tools, and we can seek balance. And by seeking this balance we will finally bring all of the resources of our brain into action.”

THEY TAKE TIME FOR SOLITUDE.

o-INTUITION-570.jpg

If you want to get in touch with your intuition, a little time alone may be the most effective way. Just as solitude can help give rise to creative thinking, it can also help us connect to our deepest inner wisdom.
Intuitive people are often introverted, according to Burnham. But whether you’re an introvert or not, taking time for solitude can help you engage in deeper thought and reconnect with yourself.
“You have to be able to have a little bit of solitude; a little bit of silence,” she says. “In the middle of craziness … you can’t recognize [intuition] above all of the noise of everyday life.”

THEY CREATE.

o-SOLITUDE-570.jpg

“Creativity does its best work when it functions intuitively,” writes researcher and author Carla Woolf.
In fact, creative people are highly intuitive, explains Burnham, and just as you can increase your creativity through practice, you can boost your intuition. In fact, practicing one may build up the other.

THEY PRACTICE MINDFULNESS.

Meditation and other mindfulness practices can be an excellent way to tap into your intuition. As the Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute explains, “Mindfulness can help you filter out mental chatter, weigh your options objectively, tune into your intuition and ultimately make a decision that you can stand behind completely.”
Mindfulness can also connect you to your intuition by boosting self-knowledge. A 2013 study published in the journal Perspectives on Psychological Science showed that mindfulness – defined as “paying attention to one’s current experience in a non-judgmental way” – may help us to better understand our own personalities. And as Arianna Huffington notes in Thrive, increased intuition, compassion, creativity and peace are all wonderful side effects of meditating.

THEY OBSERVE EVERYTHING.

o-LOOK-OUT-WINDOW-570.jpg

“The first thing to do is notice – keep a little journal, and notice when odd things happen,” Burnham says. You’ll gain a keen sense for how often coincidences, surprising connections and on-the-dot intuitions occur in your daily life – in other words, you’ll start to tap into your intuition.

THEY LISTEN TO THEIR BODIES.

Intuitive people learn to tune into their bodies and heed their “gut feelings.”
If you’ve ever started feeling sick to your stomach when you knew something was wrong but couldn’t put your finger on what, you understand that intuitions can cause a physical sensation in the body. Our gut feelings are called gut feelings for a reason – research suggests that emotion and intuition are very much rooted in the “second brain” in the gut.

THEY CONNECT DEEPLY WITH OTHERS.

o-EMPATHY-570.jpg

Mind reading may seem like the stuff of fantasy and pseudo-science, but it’s actually something we do everyday. It’s called empathic accuracy, a term in psychology that refers to the “seemingly magical ability to map someone’s mental terrain from their words, emotions and body language,” according to Psychology Today.
“When you see a spider crawling up someone’s leg, you feel a creepy sensation,”Marcia Reynolds writes in Psychology Today. “Similarly, when you observe someone reach out to a friend and they are pushed away, your brain registers the sensation of rejection. When you watch your team win or a couple embrace on television, you feel their emotions as if you are there. Social emotions like guilt, shame, pride, embarrassment, disgust and lust can all be experienced by watching others.”
Tuning into your own emotions, and spending time both observing and listening to others face-to-face can help boost your powers of empathy, says Reynolds.

THEY PAY ATTENTION TO THEIR DREAMS.

o-DREAMING-570.jpg

Burnham recommends paying attention to your dreams as a way to get in touch with your mind’s unconscious thinking processes. Both dreams and intuition spring from the unconscious, so you can begin to tap into this part of your mind by paying attention to your dreams.
“At night, when you’re dreaming, you’re receiving information from the unconscious or intuitive part of your brain,” says Burnham. “If you’re attuned to your dreams, you can get a lot of information about how to live your life.”

THEY ENJOY PLENTY OF DOWN TIME.

o-DREAM-STUDIES-570.jpg

Few things stifle intuition as easily as constant busyness, multitasking, connectivity to digital devices and stress and burnout. According to Huffington, we always have an intuitive sense about the people in our lives – on a deep level, we know the good ones from the “flatterers and dissemblers” – but we’re not always awake enough to our intuition to acknowledge the difference to ourselves. The problem is that we’re simply too busy.
“We always get warnings from our heart and our intuition when they appear,” she writes in Thrive. “But we are often too busy to notice.”

THEY MINDFULLY LET GO OF NEGATIVE EMOTIONS.

Strong emotions – particularly negative ones – can cloud our intuition. Many of us know that we feel out of sorts or “not ourselves” when we’re upset, and it may be because we’re disconnected from our intuition.
“When you are very depressed, you may find your intuition fails,” says Burnham. “When you’re angry or in a heightened emotional state … your intuition [can] fail you completely.”
The evidence isn’t just anecdotal: A 2013 study published in the journal Psychological Science showed that being in a positive mood boosted the ability to make intuitive judgments in a word game.
That’s not to say that intuitive people never get upset – but your intuition will fare better if you’re able to mindfully accept and let go of negative emotions for the most part, rather than suppressing or dwelling on them.

[video=youtube;6rNyWKi0q_Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6rNyWKi0q_Q[/video]

Well spoken woman.
She is...I like the line she draws between being psychic and being intuitive...What is interesting though is she takes a skill like remote viewing and puts it into the category of intuition...I would be curious to hear more about why that wouldn’t be considered psychic.

"Predicting the unpredictable" in Frontiers in Human Neuroscience

by Dean Radin

I conducted my first presentiment experiment in 1996.
As of today this type of experiment has been repeated something like 40 times by a dozen labs. In this article, Julia Mossbridge, Patrizio Tressoldi, Jessica Utts, John Ives, Wayne Jonas and I discuss implications and potential applications of this phenomenon. The meta-analysis mentioned in this article considers only a clearly defined subset of the published studies.
Predicting the unpredictable: Critical analysis and practical implications of predictive anticipatory activity
A recent meta-analysis of experiments from seven independent laboratories (n=26) published since 1978 indicates that the human body can apparently detect randomly delivered stimuli occurring 1-10 seconds in the future. The key observation in these studies is that human physiology appears to be able to distinguish between unpredictable dichotomous future stimuli, such as emotional vs. neutral images or sound vs. silence. This phenomenon has been called presentiment (as in "feeling the future").

In this paper we call it predictive anticipatory activity or PAA. The phenomenon is "predictive" because it can distinguish between upcoming stimuli; it is "anticipatory" because the physiological changes occur before a future event; and it is an "activity" because it involves changes in the cardiopulmonary, skin, and/or nervous systems.

PAA is an unconscious phenomenon that seems to be a time-reversed reflection of the usual physiological response to a stimulus.
It appears to resemble precognition (consciously knowing something is going to happen before it does), but PAA specifically refers to unconscious physiological reactions as opposed to conscious premonitions. Though it is possible that PAA underlies the conscious experience of precognition, experiments testing this idea have not produced clear results.

The first part of this paper reviews the evidence for PAA and examines the two most difficult challenges for obtaining valid evidence for it: expectation bias and multiple analyses. The second part speculates on possible mechanisms and the theoretical implications of PAA for understanding physiology and consciousness. The third part examines potential practical applications.
See the full paper here.

Show Me the Evidence

EvidenceStamp_200.jpg

Critics are fond of saying that there is no scientific evidence for psi. They wave their fist in the air and shout, "Show me the evidence!" Then they turn red and have a coughing fit. In less dramatic cases a student might be genuinely curious and open-minded, but unsure where to begin to find reliable evidence about psi. Google knows all and sees all, but it doesn't know how to interpret or evaluate what it knows (at least not yet).
In the past, my response to the "show me" challenge has been to give the titles of a few books to read, point to the bibliographies in those books, and advise the person to do their homework. I still think that this is the best approach for a beginner tackling a complex topic. But given the growing expectation that information on virtually any topic ought to be available online within 60 seconds, traditional methods of scholarship are disappearing fast.
So I've created a SHOW ME page with downloadable articles on psi and psi-related topics, all published in peer-reviewed journals. Most of these papers were published after the year 2000. Most report experimental studies or meta-analyses of classes of experiments. I will continue to add to this page and flesh it out, including links to recent or to especially useful ebooks. This page may eventually become annotated, then multithreaded and hyperlinked, and then morph into a Wiki.

Selected Peer-Reviewed Journal Publications on Psi Research

(a growing list of articles published mostly in the 21st century, plus other resources, compiled by Dean Radin)
To read the corresponding blog post and write your comments, go here.
The term psi denotes anomalous processes of information or energy transfer, processes such as telepathy or other forms of extrasensory perception that are currently unexplained in terms of known physical or biological mechanisms. The term is purely descriptive: It neither implies that such anomalous phenomena are paranormal nor connotes anything about their underlying mechanisms. (Daryl Bem and Charles Honorton in Psychological Bulletin, 1994)
Healing at a Distance

• Astin et al (2000). The Efficacy of “Distant Healing”: A Systematic Review of Randomized Trials (Download PDF)
  • Leibovici (2001). Effects of remote, retroactive intercessory prayer on outcomes in patients with bloodstream infection: randomised controlled trial (Download PDF)
  • Krucoff et al (2001). Integrative noetic therapies as adjuncts to percutaneous intervention during unstable coronary syndromes: Monitoring and Actualization of Noetic Training (MANTRA) feasibility pilot (Download PDF)
  • Radin et al (2004). Possible effects of healing intention on cell cultures and truly random events (Download PDF)
  • Krucoff et al (2005). Music, imagery, touch, and prayer as adjuncts to interventional cardiac care: the Monitoring and Actualisation of Noetic Trainings (MANTRA) II randomised study (Download PDF)
  • Benson et al (2006). Study of the therapeutic effects of intercessory prayer (STEP) in cardiac bypass patients (Download PDF)
  • Masters & Spielmans (2007). Prayer and Health: Review, Meta-Analysis, and Research Agenda (Download PDF)
  • Radin et al (2008). Compassionate intention as a therapeutic intervention by partners of cancer patients: Effects of distant intention on the patients’ autonomic nervous system (Download PDF)
  • Schlitz et al (2012). Distant healing of surgical wounds: An exploratory study. (Download PDF)

Physiological Correlations at a Distance

• Duane & Behrendt (1965). Extrasensory electroencephalographic induction between identical twins (Download PDF)
  • Grinberg-Zylberbaum et al (1994). The Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Paradox in the Brain: The transferred potential (Download PDF)
  • Wiseman & Schlitz (1997). Experimenter effects and the remote detection of staring (Download PDF)
  • Standish et al (2003). Evidence of correlated functional magnetic resonance imaging signals between distant human brains (Download PDF)
  • Wackermann et al (2003). Correlations between brain electrical activities of two spatially separated human subjects (Download PDF)
  • Schmidt et al (2004). Distant intentionality and the feeling of being stared at: Two meta-analyses (Download PDF)
  • Radin (2004). Event related EEG correlations between isolated human subjects (Download PDF)
  • Standish et al (2004). Electroencephalographic Evidence of Correlated Event-Related Signals Between the Brains of Spatially and Sensory Isolated Human Subjects (Download PDF)
  • Achterberg et al (2005). Evidence for Correlations Between Distant Intentionality and Brain Function in Recipients: A Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Analysis (Download PDF)
  • Radin (2005). The sense of being stared at: A preliminary meta-analysis (Download PDF)
  • Radin & Schlitz (2005). Gut feelings, intuition, and emotions: An exploratory study (Download PDF)
  • Schlitz et al (2006). Of two minds: Skeptic-proponent collaboration within parapsychology (Download PDF)
  • Moulton & Kosslyn (2008). Using Neuroimaging to Resolve the Psi Debate (Download PDF)
  • Ambach (2008). Correlations between the EEGs of two spatially separated subjects: a replication study (Download PDF)
  • Hinterberger (2010). Searching for neuronal markers of psi: A summary of three studies measuring electrophysiology in distant participants (Download PDF)
  • Schmidt (2012). Can We Help Just by Good Intentions? A Meta-Analysis of Experiments on Distant Intention Effects (Download PDF)
  • Jensen & Parker (2012). Entangled in the womb? A pilot study on the possible physiological connectedness between identical twins with different embryonic backgrounds (Download PDF)
  • Jensen & Parker (2013). Further possible physiological connectedness between identical twins: The London study (Download PDF)

Telepathy & ESP

• Targ & Puthoff (1974). Information transmission under conditions of sensory shielding (Download PDF)
  • Puthoff & Targ (1976). A perceptual channel for information transfer over kilometer distance: Historical perspective and recent research (Download PDF)
  • Eisenberg & Donderi (1979). Telepathic transfer of emotional information in humans (Download PDF)
  • Bem & Honorton (1994). Does psi exist? (Download PDF)
  • Hyman (1994). Anomaly or artifact? Comments on Bem and Honorton (Download PDF)
  • Bem (1994). Response to Hyman (Download PDF)
  • Milton & Wiseman (1999). Does Psi Exist? Lack of Replication of an Anomalous Process of Information Transfer (Download PDF)
  • Storm & Ertel (2001). Does Psi Exist? Comments on Milton and Wiseman's (1999) Meta-Analysis of Ganzfeld Research (Download PDF)
  • Milton & Wiseman (2001). Does Psi Exist? Reply to Storm and Ertel (2001) (Download PDF)
  • Sherwood & Roe (2003). A Review of Dream ESP Studies Conducted Since the Maimonides Dream ESP Programme (Download PDF)
  • Delgado-Romero & Howard (2005). Finding and Correcting Flawed Research Literatures (Download PDF)
  • Hastings (2007). Comment on Delgado-Romero and Howard (Download PDF)
  • Radin (2007). Finding Or Imagining Flawed Research? (Download PDF)
  • Storm et al (2010). Meta-Analysis of Free-Response Studies, 1992—2008: Assessing the Noise Reduction Model in Parapsychology (Download PDF)
  • Storm et al (2010). A Meta-Analysis With Nothing to Hide: Reply to Hyman (2010) (Download PDF)
  • Tressoldi (2011). Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence: the case of non-local perception, a classical and Bayesian review of evidences (Download PDF)
  • Tressoldi et al (2011). Mental Connection at Distance: Useful for Solving Difficult Tasks? (Download PDF)
  • Williams (2011). Revisiting the Ganzfeld ESP Debate: A Basic Review and Assessment (Download PDF)
  • Rouder et al (2013). A Bayes Factor Meta-Analysis of Recent Extrasensory Perception Experiments: Comment on Storm, Tressoldi, and Di Risio (2010) (Download PDF)
  • Storm et al (2013). Testing the Storm et al. (2010) Meta-Analysis Using Bayesian and Frequentist Approaches: Reply to Rouder et al. (2013) (Download PDF)

General Overviews & Critiques

• Utts (1996). An assessment of the evidence for psychic functioning (Download PDF)
  • Alcock (2003). Give the Null Hypothesis a Chance (Download PDF)
  • Parker & Brusewitz (2003). A Compendium of the Evidence for Psi (Download PDF)
  • Carter (2010). Heads I lose, tails you win (Download PDF)

Survival of Consciousness

• van Lommel et al (2001). Near-death experience in survivors of cardiac arrest: a prospective study in the Netherlands (Download PDF)
  • van Lommel (2006). Near-death experience, consciousness, and the brain (Download PDF)
  • Beischel & Schwartz (2007). Anomalous information reception by research mediums demonstrated using a novel triple-blind protocol (Download PDF)
  • Greyson (2010). Seeing Dead People Not Known to Have Died: “Peak in Darien” Experiences (Download PDF)
  • Kelly (2010). Some Directions for Mediumship Research (Download PDF)
  • Kelly & Arcangel (2011). An Investigation of Mediums Who Claim to Give Information About Deceased Persons (Download PDF)
  • Nahm et al (2011). Terminal lucidity: A review and a case collection (Download PDF)
  • Facco & Agrillo (2012). Near-death experiences between science and prejudice (Download PDF)
  • Matlock (2012). Bibliography of reincarnation resources online (articles and books, all downloadable)(Download PDF)

Precognition & Presentiment

• Honorton & Ferrari (1989). “Future telling”: A meta-analysis of forced-choice precognition experiments, 1935-1987 (Download PDF)
  • Spottiswoode & May (2003). Skin Conductance Prestimulus Response: Analyses, Artifacts, and a Pilot Study (Download PDF)
  • Radin (2004). Electrodermal presentiments of future emotions (Download PDF)
  • McCraty et al (2004). Electrophysiological Evidence of Intuition: Part 1. The Surprising Role of the Heart (Download PDF)
  • McCraty et al (2004). Electrophysiological Evidence of Intuition: Part 2. A System-Wide Process? (Download PDF)
  • Radin & Lobach (2007). Toward understanding the placebo effect: Investigating a possible retrocausal factor (Download PDF)
  • Radin & Borges (2009). Intuition through time: What does the seer see? (Download PDF)
  • Bem (2011). Feeling the Future: Experimental Evidence for Anomalous Retroactive Influences on Cognition and Affect (Download PDF)
  • Bem et al (2011). Must Psychologists Change the Way They Analyze Their Data? (Download PDF)
  • Bierman (2011). Anomalous Switching of the Bi-Stable Percept of a Necker Cube: A Preliminary Study (Download PDF)
  • Radin et al (2011). Electrocortical activity prior to unpredictable stimuli in meditators and non-meditators (Download PDF)
  • Radin (2011). Predicting the Unpredictable: 75 Years of Experimental Evidence (Download PDF)
  • Tressoldi et al (2011). Let Your Eyes Predict : Prediction Accuracy of Pupillary Responses to Random Alerting and Neutral Sounds (Download PDF)
  • Galek et al (2012). Correcting the Past: Failures to Replicate Psi (Download PDF)
  • Mossbridge et al (2012). Predictive physiological anticipation preceding seemingly unpredictable stimuli: a meta-analysis (Download PDF)

Theory

• Josephson & Pallikari-Viras (1991). Biological Utilisation of Quantum NonLocality (Download PDF)
  • May et al (1995). Decision augmentation theory: Towards a model of anomalous mental phenomena (Download PDF)
  • Houtkooper (2002). Arguing for an Observational Theory of Paranormal Phenomena (Download PDF)
  • Bierman (2003). Does Consciousness Collapse the Wave-Packet? (Download PDF)
  • Dunne & Jahn (2005). Consciousness, information, and living systems (Download PDF)
  • Henry (2005). The mental universe (Download PDF)
  • Hiley & Pylkkanen (2005). Can Mind Affect Matter Via Active Information? (Download PDF)
  • Lucadou et al (2007). Synchronistic Phenomena as Entanglement Correlations in Generalized Quantum Theory (Download PDF)
  • Rietdijk (2007). Four-Dimensional Physics, Nonlocal Coherence, and Paranormal Phenomena (Download PDF)
  • Bierman (2010). Consciousness induced restoration of time symmetry (CIRTS ): A psychophysical theoretical perspective (Download PDF)
  • Tressoldi et al (2010). Extrasensory perception and quantum models of cognition (Download PDF)
  • Tressoldi (2012). Replication unreliability in psychology: elusive phenomena or “elusive” statistical power? (Download PDF)

Mind-Matter Interaction

• Crookes (1874). Researches in the phenomena of spiritualism (Download PDF)
  • Crookes (1874). Notes of séances with DDH (Download PDF)
  • Jahn (1982). The persistent paradox of psychic phenomena: An engineering perspective (Download PDF)
  • Radin & Nelson (1989). Evidence for Consciousness-Related Anomalies in Random Physical Systems (Download PDF)
  • Radin & Ferrari (1991). Effects of Consciousness on the Fall of Dice: A Meta-Analysis (Download PDF)
  • Nelson et al (2002). Correlations of continuous random data with major world events (Download PDF)
  • Crawford et al (2003). Alterations in Random Event Measures Associated with a Healing Practice (Download PDF)
  • Freedman et al (2003). Effects of Frontal Lobe Lesions on Intentionality and Random Physical Phenomena (Download PDF)
  • Bosch et al (2006). Examining Psychokinesis: The Interaction of Human Intention With Random Number Generators–A Meta-Analysis (Download PDF)
  • Radin et al (2006). Reexamining psychokinesis: Commentary on the Bösch, Steinkamp and Boller meta-analysis (Download PDF)
  • Radin (2006). Experiments testing models of mind-matter interaction (Download PDF)
  • Radin (2008). Testing nonlocal observation as a source of intuitive knowledge (Download PDF)
  • Nelson & Bancel (2011). Effects of mass consciousness: Changes in random data during global events (Download PDF)
  • Radin et al (2012). Consciousness and the double-slit interference pattern: Six experiments (Download PDF)
  • Shiah & Radin (2013). Metaphysics of the tea ceremony: A randomized trial investigating the roles of intention and belief on mood while drinking tea (Download PDF)

Potential Applications

• Carpenter (2011). Laboratory Psi Effects May Be Put to Practical Use: Two Pilot Studies (Download PDF)
  • Schwartz (1980/2000). Location and reconstruction of a Byzantine structure... [by remote viewing] (Download PDF)

Books

Radin (1997). The Conscious Universe: The Scientific Truth of Psychic Phenomena
Radin (2006). Entangled Minds: Extrasensory Experiences in a Quantum Reality
Irwin & Watt (2007). An Introduction to Parapsychology
Mayer (2008). Extraordinary Knowing: Science, Skepticism, and the Inexplicable Powers of the Human Mind
Kelly et al (2009). Irreducible Mind: Toward a Psychology for the 21st Century
Tart (2009). The End of Materialism: How Evidence of the Paranormal Is Bringing Science and Spirit Together
Carter (2010). Science and the Near-Death Experience: How Consciousness Survives Death
Van Lommel (2011). Consciousness Beyond Life: The Science of the Near-Death Experience
Alexander (2012). Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife
Carpenter (2012). First Sight: ESP and Parapsychology in Everyday Life
Carter (2012). Science and Psychic Phenomena: The Fall of the House of Skeptics
Targ (2012). The Reality of ESP: A Physicist's Proof of Psychic Abilities
Radin (2013). Supernormal: Science, Yoga, and the Evidence for Extraordinary Psychic Abilities

Websites with access to articles

Daryl Bem: Click here »
Brian Josephson: Click here »
Edwin May: Click here »
Stephan Schwartz: Click here »
Rupert Sheldrake: Click here »
James Spottiswoode: Click here »
Charles Tart: Click here »
Russell Targ: Click here »
Patrizio Tressoldi: Click here »
Jessica Utts: Click here »
Richard Wiseman: Click here »
Journal of Scientific Exploration: Click here »
Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research (PEAR) Laboratory: Click here or here »
Division of Perceptual Studies, University of Virginia: Click here »

Videos

Greyson (2008). Consciousness Without Brain Activity: Near Death Experiences (United Nations)
Radin (2008), Science and the taboo of psi (Google TechTalk)
Sheldrake (2008) The extended mind (Google Tech Talk)

@Eventhorizon

It isn’t important to me that it exists...I have had enough experiences so far in my life to give me a pretty strong conviction that it isn’t all just wishful thinking.
However, there is still a big stigma and taboo attached to almost anything to do outside of what mainstream science and religion have told us it is “okay” to believe...I just don’t see that as realistic...even less so after experiences.
Have you noticed that any religions other than Christian and Judaism are looked upon as something “less than” and even negative in our society?
Even the Eastern religious philosophies who are incredibly peaceful are laughed at by the majority here in the US.
There is even some debate that during the lost years of Jesus...between his childhood and when he began preaching that he traveled to India and to Tibet and came into contact with esoteric religions and maybe Buddhism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unknown_years_of_Jesus
http://reluctant-messenger.com/issa.htm

I actually find far more proof for believing in Psi than I do for believing in the Bible...perhaps the Bible is true, but we have no proof any miracles took place, only written accounts. That doesn’t matter to me anyhow....I am not out to disprove the Bible in any way shape or form.
We are all entitled to our beliefs....perhaps mine are wrong.

But with Psi, there is documented evidence (see previous post) that we CAN do extraordinary things with our mind, or if you like, our spirit.
That is fascinating to me...and I think it is to other’s as well...that is why I post the info I dig up on this thread.
There is a great video on why Psi is looked upon as being taboo...it’s at the end of that list but here it is again -

[video=youtube_share;qw_O9Qiwqew]http://youtu.be/qw_O9Qiwqew[/video]

(what a sad audience....lol)

Good point. HOWEVER science has consistently proven its relevance in the world through realization. Therefor if anything is to be believed, its a good starting point.

Funny about your "I dont know" comment. I was just written up at my current job because, "We dont ever tell a customer we dont know something." :m075:

Awww... :( :hug:

Show Me the Evidence

EvidenceStamp_200.jpg

Critics are fond of saying that there is no scientific evidence for psi. They wave their fist in the air and shout, "Show me the evidence!" Then they turn red and have a coughing fit. In less dramatic cases a student might be genuinely curious and open-minded, but unsure where to begin to find reliable evidence about psi. Google knows all and sees all, but it doesn't know how to interpret or evaluate what it knows (at least not yet).
In the past, my response to the "show me" challenge has been to give the titles of a few books to read, point to the bibliographies in those books, and advise the person to do their homework. I still think that this is the best approach for a beginner tackling a complex topic. But given the growing expectation that information on virtually any topic ought to be available online within 60 seconds, traditional methods of scholarship are disappearing fast.
So I've created a SHOW ME page with downloadable articles on psi and psi-related topics, all published in peer-reviewed journals. Most of these papers were published after the year 2000. Most report experimental studies or meta-analyses of classes of experiments. I will continue to add to this page and flesh it out, including links to recent or to especially useful ebooks. This page may eventually become annotated, then multithreaded and hyperlinked, and then morph into a Wiki.

Selected Peer-Reviewed Journal Publications on Psi Research

(a growing list of articles published mostly in the 21st century, plus other resources, compiled by Dean Radin)
To read the corresponding blog post and write your comments, go here.
The term psi denotes anomalous processes of information or energy transfer, processes such as telepathy or other forms of extrasensory perception that are currently unexplained in terms of known physical or biological mechanisms. The term is purely descriptive: It neither implies that such anomalous phenomena are paranormal nor connotes anything about their underlying mechanisms. (Daryl Bem and Charles Honorton in Psychological Bulletin, 1994)
Healing at a Distance

• Astin et al (2000). The Efficacy of “Distant Healing”: A Systematic Review of Randomized Trials (Download PDF)
  • Leibovici (2001). Effects of remote, retroactive intercessory prayer on outcomes in patients with bloodstream infection: randomised controlled trial (Download PDF)
  • Krucoff et al (2001). Integrative noetic therapies as adjuncts to percutaneous intervention during unstable coronary syndromes: Monitoring and Actualization of Noetic Training (MANTRA) feasibility pilot (Download PDF)
  • Radin et al (2004). Possible effects of healing intention on cell cultures and truly random events (Download PDF)
  • Krucoff et al (2005). Music, imagery, touch, and prayer as adjuncts to interventional cardiac care: the Monitoring and Actualisation of Noetic Trainings (MANTRA) II randomised study (Download PDF)
  • Benson et al (2006). Study of the therapeutic effects of intercessory prayer (STEP) in cardiac bypass patients (Download PDF)
  • Masters & Spielmans (2007). Prayer and Health: Review, Meta-Analysis, and Research Agenda (Download PDF)
  • Radin et al (2008). Compassionate intention as a therapeutic intervention by partners of cancer patients: Effects of distant intention on the patients’ autonomic nervous system (Download PDF)
  • Schlitz et al (2012). Distant healing of surgical wounds: An exploratory study. (Download PDF)

Physiological Correlations at a Distance

• Duane & Behrendt (1965). Extrasensory electroencephalographic induction between identical twins (Download PDF)
  • Grinberg-Zylberbaum et al (1994). The Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Paradox in the Brain: The transferred potential (Download PDF)
  • Wiseman & Schlitz (1997). Experimenter effects and the remote detection of staring (Download PDF)
  • Standish et al (2003). Evidence of correlated functional magnetic resonance imaging signals between distant human brains (Download PDF)
  • Wackermann et al (2003). Correlations between brain electrical activities of two spatially separated human subjects (Download PDF)
  • Schmidt et al (2004). Distant intentionality and the feeling of being stared at: Two meta-analyses (Download PDF)
  • Radin (2004). Event related EEG correlations between isolated human subjects (Download PDF)
  • Standish et al (2004). Electroencephalographic Evidence of Correlated Event-Related Signals Between the Brains of Spatially and Sensory Isolated Human Subjects (Download PDF)
  • Achterberg et al (2005). Evidence for Correlations Between Distant Intentionality and Brain Function in Recipients: A Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Analysis (Download PDF)
  • Radin (2005). The sense of being stared at: A preliminary meta-analysis (Download PDF)
  • Radin & Schlitz (2005). Gut feelings, intuition, and emotions: An exploratory study (Download PDF)
  • Schlitz et al (2006). Of two minds: Skeptic-proponent collaboration within parapsychology (Download PDF)
  • Moulton & Kosslyn (2008). Using Neuroimaging to Resolve the Psi Debate (Download PDF)
  • Ambach (2008). Correlations between the EEGs of two spatially separated subjects: a replication study (Download PDF)
  • Hinterberger (2010). Searching for neuronal markers of psi: A summary of three studies measuring electrophysiology in distant participants (Download PDF)
  • Schmidt (2012). Can We Help Just by Good Intentions? A Meta-Analysis of Experiments on Distant Intention Effects (Download PDF)
  • Jensen & Parker (2012). Entangled in the womb? A pilot study on the possible physiological connectedness between identical twins with different embryonic backgrounds (Download PDF)
  • Jensen & Parker (2013). Further possible physiological connectedness between identical twins: The London study (Download PDF)

Telepathy & ESP

• Targ & Puthoff (1974). Information transmission under conditions of sensory shielding (Download PDF)
  • Puthoff & Targ (1976). A perceptual channel for information transfer over kilometer distance: Historical perspective and recent research (Download PDF)
  • Eisenberg & Donderi (1979). Telepathic transfer of emotional information in humans (Download PDF)
  • Bem & Honorton (1994). Does psi exist? (Download PDF)
  • Hyman (1994). Anomaly or artifact? Comments on Bem and Honorton (Download PDF)
  • Bem (1994). Response to Hyman (Download PDF)
  • Milton & Wiseman (1999). Does Psi Exist? Lack of Replication of an Anomalous Process of Information Transfer (Download PDF)
  • Storm & Ertel (2001). Does Psi Exist? Comments on Milton and Wiseman's (1999) Meta-Analysis of Ganzfeld Research (Download PDF)
  • Milton & Wiseman (2001). Does Psi Exist? Reply to Storm and Ertel (2001) (Download PDF)
  • Sherwood & Roe (2003). A Review of Dream ESP Studies Conducted Since the Maimonides Dream ESP Programme (Download PDF)
  • Delgado-Romero & Howard (2005). Finding and Correcting Flawed Research Literatures (Download PDF)
  • Hastings (2007). Comment on Delgado-Romero and Howard (Download PDF)
  • Radin (2007). Finding Or Imagining Flawed Research? (Download PDF)
  • Storm et al (2010). Meta-Analysis of Free-Response Studies, 1992–2008: Assessing the Noise Reduction Model in Parapsychology (Download PDF)
  • Storm et al (2010). A Meta-Analysis With Nothing to Hide: Reply to Hyman (2010) (Download PDF)
  • Tressoldi (2011). Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence: the case of non-local perception, a classical and Bayesian review of evidences (Download PDF)
  • Tressoldi et al (2011). Mental Connection at Distance: Useful for Solving Difficult Tasks? (Download PDF)
  • Williams (2011). Revisiting the Ganzfeld ESP Debate: A Basic Review and Assessment (Download PDF)
  • Rouder et al (2013). A Bayes Factor Meta-Analysis of Recent Extrasensory Perception Experiments: Comment on Storm, Tressoldi, and Di Risio (2010) (Download PDF)
  • Storm et al (2013). Testing the Storm et al. (2010) Meta-Analysis Using Bayesian and Frequentist Approaches: Reply to Rouder et al. (2013) (Download PDF)

General Overviews & Critiques

• Utts (1996). An assessment of the evidence for psychic functioning (Download PDF)
  • Alcock (2003). Give the Null Hypothesis a Chance (Download PDF)
  • Parker & Brusewitz (2003). A Compendium of the Evidence for Psi (Download PDF)
  • Carter (2010). Heads I lose, tails you win (Download PDF)

Survival of Consciousness

• van Lommel et al (2001). Near-death experience in survivors of cardiac arrest: a prospective study in the Netherlands (Download PDF)
  • van Lommel (2006). Near-death experience, consciousness, and the brain (Download PDF)
  • Beischel & Schwartz (2007). Anomalous information reception by research mediums demonstrated using a novel triple-blind protocol (Download PDF)
  • Greyson (2010). Seeing Dead People Not Known to Have Died: “Peak in Darien” Experiences (Download PDF)
  • Kelly (2010). Some Directions for Mediumship Research (Download PDF)
  • Kelly & Arcangel (2011). An Investigation of Mediums Who Claim to Give Information About Deceased Persons (Download PDF)
  • Nahm et al (2011). Terminal lucidity: A review and a case collection (Download PDF)
  • Facco & Agrillo (2012). Near-death experiences between science and prejudice (Download PDF)
  • Matlock (2012). Bibliography of reincarnation resources online (articles and books, all downloadable)(Download PDF)

Precognition & Presentiment

• Honorton & Ferrari (1989). “Future telling”: A meta-analysis of forced-choice precognition experiments, 1935-1987 (Download PDF)
  • Spottiswoode & May (2003). Skin Conductance Prestimulus Response: Analyses, Artifacts, and a Pilot Study (Download PDF)
  • Radin (2004). Electrodermal presentiments of future emotions (Download PDF)
  • McCraty et al (2004). Electrophysiological Evidence of Intuition: Part 1. The Surprising Role of the Heart (Download PDF)
  • McCraty et al (2004). Electrophysiological Evidence of Intuition: Part 2. A System-Wide Process? (Download PDF)
  • Radin & Lobach (2007). Toward understanding the placebo effect: Investigating a possible retrocausal factor (Download PDF)
  • Radin & Borges (2009). Intuition through time: What does the seer see? (Download PDF)
  • Bem (2011). Feeling the Future: Experimental Evidence for Anomalous Retroactive Influences on Cognition and Affect (Download PDF)
  • Bem et al (2011). Must Psychologists Change the Way They Analyze Their Data? (Download PDF)
  • Bierman (2011). Anomalous Switching of the Bi-Stable Percept of a Necker Cube: A Preliminary Study (Download PDF)
  • Radin et al (2011). Electrocortical activity prior to unpredictable stimuli in meditators and non-meditators (Download PDF)
  • Radin (2011). Predicting the Unpredictable: 75 Years of Experimental Evidence (Download PDF)
  • Tressoldi et al (2011). Let Your Eyes Predict : Prediction Accuracy of Pupillary Responses to Random Alerting and Neutral Sounds (Download PDF)
  • Galek et al (2012). Correcting the Past: Failures to Replicate Psi (Download PDF)
  • Mossbridge et al (2012). Predictive physiological anticipation preceding seemingly unpredictable stimuli: a meta-analysis (Download PDF)

Theory

• Josephson & Pallikari-Viras (1991). Biological Utilisation of Quantum NonLocality (Download PDF)
  • May et al (1995). Decision augmentation theory: Towards a model of anomalous mental phenomena (Download PDF)
  • Houtkooper (2002). Arguing for an Observational Theory of Paranormal Phenomena (Download PDF)
  • Bierman (2003). Does Consciousness Collapse the Wave-Packet? (Download PDF)
  • Dunne & Jahn (2005). Consciousness, information, and living systems (Download PDF)
  • Henry (2005). The mental universe (Download PDF)
  • Hiley & Pylkkanen (2005). Can Mind Affect Matter Via Active Information? (Download PDF)
  • Lucadou et al (2007). Synchronistic Phenomena as Entanglement Correlations in Generalized Quantum Theory (Download PDF)
  • Rietdijk (2007). Four-Dimensional Physics, Nonlocal Coherence, and Paranormal Phenomena (Download PDF)
  • Bierman (2010). Consciousness induced restoration of time symmetry (CIRTS ): A psychophysical theoretical perspective (Download PDF)
  • Tressoldi et al (2010). Extrasensory perception and quantum models of cognition (Download PDF)
  • Tressoldi (2012). Replication unreliability in psychology: elusive phenomena or “elusive” statistical power? (Download PDF)

Mind-Matter Interaction

• Crookes (1874). Researches in the phenomena of spiritualism (Download PDF)
  • Crookes (1874). Notes of séances with DDH (Download PDF)
  • Jahn (1982). The persistent paradox of psychic phenomena: An engineering perspective (Download PDF)
  • Radin & Nelson (1989). Evidence for Consciousness-Related Anomalies in Random Physical Systems (Download PDF)
  • Radin & Ferrari (1991). Effects of Consciousness on the Fall of Dice: A Meta-Analysis (Download PDF)
  • Nelson et al (2002). Correlations of continuous random data with major world events (Download PDF)
  • Crawford et al (2003). Alterations in Random Event Measures Associated with a Healing Practice (Download PDF)
  • Freedman et al (2003). Effects of Frontal Lobe Lesions on Intentionality and Random Physical Phenomena (Download PDF)
  • Bosch et al (2006). Examining Psychokinesis: The Interaction of Human Intention With Random Number Generators—A Meta-Analysis (Download PDF)
  • Radin et al (2006). Reexamining psychokinesis: Commentary on the Bösch, Steinkamp and Boller meta-analysis (Download PDF)
  • Radin (2006). Experiments testing models of mind-matter interaction (Download PDF)
  • Radin (2008). Testing nonlocal observation as a source of intuitive knowledge (Download PDF)
  • Nelson & Bancel (2011). Effects of mass consciousness: Changes in random data during global events (Download PDF)
  • Radin et al (2012). Consciousness and the double-slit interference pattern: Six experiments (Download PDF)
  • Shiah & Radin (2013). Metaphysics of the tea ceremony: A randomized trial investigating the roles of intention and belief on mood while drinking tea (Download PDF)

Potential Applications

• Carpenter (2011). Laboratory Psi Effects May Be Put to Practical Use: Two Pilot Studies (Download PDF)
  • Schwartz (1980/2000). Location and reconstruction of a Byzantine structure... [by remote viewing] (Download PDF)

Books

Radin (1997). The Conscious Universe: The Scientific Truth of Psychic Phenomena
Radin (2006). Entangled Minds: Extrasensory Experiences in a Quantum Reality
Irwin & Watt (2007). An Introduction to Parapsychology
Mayer (2008). Extraordinary Knowing: Science, Skepticism, and the Inexplicable Powers of the Human Mind
Kelly et al (2009). Irreducible Mind: Toward a Psychology for the 21st Century
Tart (2009). The End of Materialism: How Evidence of the Paranormal Is Bringing Science and Spirit Together
Carter (2010). Science and the Near-Death Experience: How Consciousness Survives Death
Van Lommel (2011). Consciousness Beyond Life: The Science of the Near-Death Experience
Alexander (2012). Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife
Carpenter (2012). First Sight: ESP and Parapsychology in Everyday Life
Carter (2012). Science and Psychic Phenomena: The Fall of the House of Skeptics
Targ (2012). The Reality of ESP: A Physicist's Proof of Psychic Abilities
Radin (2013). Supernormal: Science, Yoga, and the Evidence for Extraordinary Psychic Abilities

Websites with access to articles

Daryl Bem: Click here »
Brian Josephson: Click here »
Edwin May: Click here »
Stephan Schwartz: Click here »
Rupert Sheldrake: Click here »
James Spottiswoode: Click here »
Charles Tart: Click here »
Russell Targ: Click here »
Patrizio Tressoldi: Click here »
Jessica Utts: Click here »
Richard Wiseman: Click here »
Journal of Scientific Exploration: Click here »
Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research (PEAR) Laboratory: Click here or here »
Division of Perceptual Studies, University of Virginia: Click here »

Videos

Greyson (2008). Consciousness Without Brain Activity: Near Death Experiences (United Nations)
Radin (2008), Science and the taboo of psi (Google TechTalk)
Sheldrake (2008) The extended mind (Google Tech Talk)

No offence but, …

… something tells that this isn't going to be enough.

I think psi is kind of like this:
hypnotic.webp

I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO CATCH UP ON ALL THIS GREAT STUFF...... But I will make time!

Can anyone answer to a curiosity I have please :D?

I've observed that when I watch a movie, I literarely "feel" (or maybe sense is the better word) the energy or "vibe" of the characters on screen. And this is not happening in a instant, but is happening within the evolution of characters on screen. In the evolution and development of characters, its almost like I live a real and in the moment relation with the characters.
For example, the x character at the beginning of the movie has a certain sets of traits which are revealed at a first glance.

Than as the movie is moving forward (and I'm spending my time on watching the movie in real time), other traits or revealed either directly or indirectly, and my perception and understaning of the x character is evolving and changing too. Moreover, I unconsciously (probably) judge my impression of the character with a real life person, and adding in my pre-made stereotypes new and freshy impressions and judgements.

So only by a simple and virtual movie (because its not real), its almost like I LIVE and experience something. It can be so powerful that its almost like is happening in real life.

Hence impressions are formed in my mind, based on something that is unreal. And I know this is happening to almost everyone.
There are people who have a "romantic crush" with characters on screen, WHITHOUT ever seeing the person in real life not even once. Isn't this weird and dangerous? If its not real, what is it?

I think that ESP will eventually be thought of as a real "sense." Some people will be considered to have better than others just as some people have better eyesight than others. People pick up on things that other people dont. Things as simple as body language and then cant understand why they "predict" things that they do and end up being right.

Its a real thing. I know it is. I have used variations of it myself but mostly it comes without warning or purpose. Is not a great thing, its just a thing.

Last edited:

I've observed that when I watch a movie, I literarely "feel" (or maybe sense is the better word) the energy or "vibe" of the characters on screen. And this is not happening in a instant, but is happening within the evolution of characters on screen. In the evolution and development of characters, its almost like I live a real and in the moment relation with the characters.
For example, the x character at the beginning of the movie has a certain sets of traits which are revealed at a first glance.

Than as the movie is moving forward (and I'm spending my time on watching the movie in real time), other traits or revealed either directly or indirectly, and my perception and understaning of the x character is evolving and changing too. Moreover, I unconsciously (probably) judge my impression of the character with a real life person, and adding in my pre-made stereotypes new and freshy impressions and judgements.

So only by a simple and virtual movie (because its not real), its almost like I LIVE and experience something. It can be so powerful that its almost like is happening in real life.

Hence impressions are formed in my mind, based on something that is unreal. And I know this is happening to almost everyone.
There are people who have a "romantic crush" with characters on screen, WHITHOUT ever seeing the person in real life not even once. Isn't this weird and dangerous? If its not real, what is it?

I had just finished a long meditation session, and went and saw Letters From Iwo Jima. It was about 20 times more intense.

Well...
One could just dismiss that as you being incredibly empathetic and via a vivid imagination see yourself in that position.
Or
You could take it a step further and view it as consciousness creating or altering your reality...there is some really good and interesting scientific theories out there to support such a thing.
It’s like the power of intention...if you will something hard enough, you actually begin to create that reality.

[FONT=Verdana,Trebuchet MS,sans-serif]How the Power of Intention Alters Matter

with Dr. William A. Tiller

Scientific proof that human intention raises local symmetry in the substratum of space
[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]As described in Celeste Adams's interview (see The Conscious Creation of a New Paradigm), Dr. William A. Tiller's studies and experiments have proven that human consciousness "changes space." And he explains how this works in a way that's easy for us to follow and understand.

But further — and of importance to the subject matter of our current issue — he demonstrates not only that Zero Point Energy is, for all practical purposes, absolutely limitless, but that in it lies our future potential.

It's not a hoax, and it's not "science fiction." It's science fact. It's real, and it's coming soon.

Proving Scientifically that Mind Affects Matter

Dr. Tiller's experiments to demonstrate the effect of mind over matter began by imprinting electrical devices with a specific intention. The imprinting was done by four experienced meditators, people who Tiller says were "highly inner-self-managed people."

Then this device — imprinted with the intent — was wrapped in aluminum and sent by overnight shipping to a laboratory 2000 miles away, where it was placed beside the "target experiment" and turned on.

So, for example, the electrical device might be imprinted with the idea of raising or lowering the pH of water. And if the device was turned on in the vicinity of a jar of water, the expectation was that the pH of the water would be raised or lowered, depending upon the original intent.

In the case of that particular experiment, they were looking for at least a full pH unit of difference, something large enough that the results could not be attributed to faulty measurement (it's possible to measure 1/100th or even 1/1000th of a degree of change in pH, so one full unit is a lot).

So the first result was that they were in fact able to achieve an unambiguous change in the water's pH state simply through its being in the vicinity of an electrical device that had been imprinted with that intent. And they were able to raise pH (or lower it, depending upon the intent) in this way by as much as 1-1/2 full units, a very large amount.

The Effect of Repeated Experiments

It was when the same experiment was repeated over and over, however, that the really significant effects began to show. For Tiller has found and proved that when intent is repeated in the same space, eventually it becomes permanent. And when that happens, the laws of physics in that space no longer operate as they did before! (For a homely but meaningful analogy, can you remember when it was "impossible" for man to run a four-minute mile?)

When they kept running the same experiment over and over again, Tiller says, the laboratory began to become "conditioned," so that the same result would happen more strongly or more quickly. And eventually, it would happen even after the device was no longer in the room.

"In one of the spaces that we have used," Tiller says, "the alteration in the space of the room has remained stable for well over a year, and it's still going strong." (Today, if you can't run a four-minute mile they won't let you on the track team.)

In physical terms, what does this mean? What has actually happened to the "space" of the laboratory room?

Tiller explains, "The experimental data we gather seems to indicate that it raises what is called the 'physics gauge symmetry' of the room." For example, in one experiment they would put a disk-like DC magnet under the jar of water for three days with the north pole up, and measure the pH. Then they would do the same with the south pole up. They wanted to know whether there would be a difference in pH change in the water depending upon which pole was up.

"In a 'normal space,' which is called a U{1}-Gauge space," Tiller says,
[FONT=Comic Sans MS,sans-serif]. . .the magnetic force is proportional to the gradient of the square of the magnetic field. This simply means that if you do that experiment in a "normal space," there will be no difference, no matter which way the magnet is turned.

In this "conditioned space," though, we have been able to get differences of 1-1/2 pH units depending upon which way the magnet was turned. Very big effects.
What this basically means is that the law of physics which says that the magnetic force is proportional to the gradient of the square of the magnetic field has been changed in this space! Tiller says:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,sans-serif]The only way that can happen is if you've raised the gauge symmetry from the U{1} Gauge to something approximating what is called the SU{2} Gauge. With SU{2}-Gauge symmetry, you have electric monopole and magnetic monopole substances functioning, not magnetic dipoles as you have in a U{1} space.

So somehow, by our procedures, we have created mixed-gauge symmetry. We've produced some elements of SU{2}-Gauge symmetry, because that's the only way you can get a polarity effect.

That says that we are producing domains of order in the vacuum!
[/FONT]​
The Vacuum Contains Non-Physical "Stuff"

But isn't the vacuum a — well, a vacuum? Like, nothing?

No, Tiller points out, actually a vacuum contains dense energy potential. But in U{1}-Gauge symmetry, that potential is chaotic and amorphous. It has no basic effect on the physical universe.

But with SU{2}-Gauge symmetry, he says, there is an ordered alteration, a change that takes place. SU{2}-Gauge symmetry actually changes the state of the particles that make up physical reality. And since Tiller has shown that the order thus created in the vacuum is based upon human intent, this shows that we can actually harness the power of the vacuum through our consciousness.

How Much Power Are We Talking About

Assuming that we can use experiments like this to learn how to tap the energy of the vacuum, how much potential is there within this "vacuum stuff"?

Again, the answer to this begins with the understanding that the vacuum is not empty or void. It's empty only of physical matter. However, the vacuum contains "energy density." This is actually the central concept of "free energy."

As Tiller says:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,sans-serif]Quantum mechanics and relativity theory are the two prime theoretical constructs of modern physics, and for quantum mechanics and relativity theory to be internally self-consistent, their calculations require that the vacuum must contain an energy density 10[SUP]94[/SUP] grams per cubic centimeter.[/FONT]​
How much energy is that? To find out, Tiller says, you simply use Einstein's equation: e=MC[SUP]2[/SUP].

Here's how this comes out in practical terms. You could take the volume of, say, a single hydrogen atom (which is incredibly small, an infinitesimally small fraction of a cubic centimeter), and multiply that by the average mass density of the cosmos, a number which is known to astronomers. And what you find out, Tiller says, is that within the amount of vacuum contained in this hydrogen atom there is, according to this calculation, "almost a trillion times as much energy as in all of the stars and all of the planets out to a radius of 20 billion light years!"

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,sans-serif]If human consciousness can interact with that even a little bit, it can change things in matter. Because the ground state energies of all particles have that energy level due to their interaction with this stuff of the vacuum. So if you can shift that stuff of the vacuum, change its degree of order or coherence even a little bit, you can change the ground state energies of particles, atoms, molecules, and chemical equations.[/FONT]​
In conclusion, despite our attachment to it and our feeling of its solidity and persistence, what we think of as the physical universe is an almost incomprehensibly minuscule part of the immensity of All That Is.

Our future, Dr. Tiller is telling us, lies in harnessing the energies that lie hidden in the spaces between the particles, atoms, molecules, planets, stars, and galaxies of the physical universe. . .

"Matter as we know it," Tiller concludes poetically, "is hardly a fragrance of a whisper."

[TABLE="width: 96%"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 100%"]Dr. Tiller's website is at tiller.org. You may email Dr. Tiller at bill@tiller.org, but he asks that you include a snail mail address if you wish to receive a reply.

The quotes in this article were culled from a recent interview with Dr. Tiller by Jeff Rense. To hear the interview in its entirety, go to the Yahoo archives and select the November 14 broadcast, or click here. to load the broadcast directly.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/FONT][/FONT]

I think that ESP will eventually be thought of as a real "sense." Some people will be considered to have better than others just as some people have better eyesight than others. People pick up on things that other people dont. Things as simple as body language and then cant understand why they "predict" things that they do and end up being right.

Its a real thing. I know it is. I have used variations of it myself but mostly it comes without warning or purpose. Is not a great thing, its just a thing.

In that video I posted to you Dr. Radin talks about some very curious studies that show that “something” is conclusively going on.
And just as he talks about, I think the only reason why it isn’t mainstream and accepted by science is because of the taboo it has been given.
Like he says...it’s fine to study such a thing as a graduate student, but it is basically career suicide once you have your Doctorate.
One day perhaps, we will trample that taboo and see something more concrete.

Back