The Biophysics at Death: Three Hypotheses With Potential Application to Paranormal Phenomena

Michael A. Persinger, Linda S. St-Pierre

Major explanations for the potential physical changes at death are explored quantitatively. MacDougall’s weight loss measurements of dying patients are examined as an artifact of respiratory burst phenomena and as a potential variant of entanglement.

The death flash, when considered as an integrated conversion of membrane potentials into biophoton emissions with intensities above the threshold for detection, is quantitatively compatible with biophysical mechanisms. The modulation of the optimal conditions that produce visibility by local geomagnetic intensities and man-made objects that distort these fields could explain the low frequency incidence of these observations.

The release of fields of photons at death even below the threshold for visible detection and in the order of 10[SUP]-11[/SUP]to 10[SUP]-13[/SUP]W/m[SUP]2[/SUP] may maintain information that has the potential to be represented in space-time (hyperspace).​

Full text PDF http://www.neuroquantology.com/index.php/journal/article/download/388/377

[h=3]Near-Death Experiences and the Possibility of Disembodied Consciousness: Challenges to Prevailing Neurobiological and Psychosocial Theories[/h]
Cheryl Fracasso, Harris Friedman

Claims from those having near-death experiences (NDEs), as well as those sympathetic to such claims, challenge the prevailing assumption that consciousness is dependent on a functioning brain. Extant theories, both neurobiological and psychosocial, that attempt to explain NDEs are examined and found unable to adequately account for the full range of NDE reports, especially electromagnetic after-effects and out-of-body experiences with veridical perception.

As a result, many leading NDE researchers have proposed that a new model is needed to explain how consciousness could possibly exist independently of the brain, mainly relying on theories from quantum physics. Our paper critically evaluates a range of extant neurobiological and psychosocial theories of NDEs, as well as examines theories that might offer more promise in fully explaining NDEs, especially those using insights derived from quantum physics.

We conclude that the “hard problem” of consciousness is not yet solved, but that NDEs provide an important avenue for exploring the relationship between consciousness and brain, as well as possibly understanding a disembodied concept of consciousness.​

Full text PDF - http://www.neuroquantology.com/index.php/journal/article/download/389/378

Links for the last three articles fixed...sorry.

Last edited:
Meditation: Reduce Stress and Pain, Trigger Genetic Changes, and More
meditaiton.jpg

Wouldn’t it be wonderful to know of a way to help you relax after a long day, reduce your stress and chronic pain, help you focus better on what really matters in your life, and improve your health overall? While Big Pharma is working on that pill, there is a solution that is free and offers no side effects; it’s meditation.

A recent survey of 23,000 households in the U.S. found that about 38 percent of individuals use complementary and alternative medicine, and many of these people use meditation. The popularity of meditation is growing, and even doctors are getting in on the move–prescribing meditation to people who suffer from pain, stress, high blood pressure, and more.

The benefits of meditation have to be experienced first-hand to be fully appreciated, but science has provided several recent studies on just how this simple practice can positively influence your life.
In one of those studies, just a daily 20 minute meditation habit was found to reduce pain by a pretty remarkable 57 percent. These effects didn’t only come from questioning the study participants but by analyzing MRI scans of the brain, according to Christina Sarich. When the period of meditation was extended, participants experienced even greater benefits.

“Meditation produced a greater reduction in pain than even morphine or other pain-relieving drugs, which typically reduce pain ratings by about 25 percent,” said lead researcher Fadel Zeidan, Ph.D.
Another study, published in the journal Frontiers in Human Neuroscience discovered people who regularly practiced mindful meditation to be better equipped to handle stress and emotional difficulties. Further, the meditation increased empathy, or the ability to relate to fellow humans.

“Since compassion meditation is designed to enhance compassionate feelings, it makes sense that it could increase amygdale response to seeing people suffer,”said researcher Gaelle Desbordes. “Increase amygdale activation was also correlated with decreased depression scores in the compassion meditation group, which suggests that having more compassion towards others may also be beneficial for oneself.”

Many of the known benefits of meditation could be attributed to the fact that it is actually able to alter your genes. A study in Psychoneuroendocrinology found that when compared with a non-meditating group, study participants who meditated intensively for 8-hour sessions experienced molecular changes, even reducing levels of inflammatory genes RIPK2 and COX2, which are related to faster recoveries from stressful situations.

The power of the mind is something science is only beginning to understand. Perhaps the best overall health advice is the simplest: slow down and sit in silence daily.

Credits: Written by Elizabeth Renter, naturalsociety.com

10250085_705068192883662_487167194926122439_n.jpg

The Hungarian Suicide Song

220px-Rezso_Seress.jpg

Gloomy Sunday -
This little ditty has its origins in pre-World War II Hungary. It was composed in 1933 by Rezső Seress based on an earlier poem by László Jávor. Both the song and poem were entitled Gloomy Sunday.
Seress added verses to the poem and made musical corrections to some of the lines, and so it could best be said that the song is truly his creation.

According to legend, the song became a bit of a hit in 1933 and 1934 across Europe and sparked a wave of suicides in teens and young adults who listened to it. There’s no evidence to entirely back this up, but it’s possible that the song did inspire some individuals, already depressed due to the economic conditions of the 1930s, to end their lives. The song became known as the Hungarian suicide song because of the number of supposed suicides it inspired.

In 1941, American singer Billie Holliday recorded probably the most famous version of the song, which was a hit for the young singer. The song continued to be popular through the 1940s, and the Holliday version of the song was banned in the UK, possibly due to the legend of the melody’s effect on young people.

In 1969, the composer, Seress, committed suicide by leaping from his apartment window. He survived the fall, but later at the hospital he managed to choke himself to death with a piece of wire. According to his obituary, Seress’s success with Gloomy Sunday was a contributing factor to his death. He could never recreate his success with the legendary song and so sank deep into depression. Another victim of the song’s lullaby.

The song has been remade several times since then, seeming to lose its power as the years pass by. However, there have been a number of suicides where the victim asked for Gloomy Sunday to be played at their funeral, or left fragments of the song in their notes.
Perhaps on an overcast, chilly Sunday afternoon, you’ll come across an unusual MP3 file, Gloomy Sunday, and give it a play.
And maybe you’ll discover the secret of the song, the reason it drives some people to suicide.

[video=youtube_share;4WBZwLkvpFI]http://youtu.be/4WBZwLkvpFI[/video]​

The Vile Vortices

You’re probably familiar with the Bermuda Triangle, but did you know it has eleven siblings?
According to cryptozoologist and paranormal expert Ivan Sanderson (1911-1973), there are twelve spots on the globe that are areas where ships, planes or people go missing for unexplained reasons. He called these navigational hazards the Vile Vortices.

Sanderson’s “Bermuda Triangle” is more of a trapezoid, but it’s still the best known spot for mysterious ship and plane disappearances. Oddly enough, despite its reputation, there are only a handful of actual known disappearances in the triangle. The most well known is Flight 19, a military training flight. Fourteen airmen vanished, and the search squadron sent to look for them also vanished, claiming an additional thirteen airmen. Flight 19 is well known in part because it was featured prominently in Stephen Spielberg’s Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Although the Bermuda Triangle is better known in the Western world, the Devil’s Sea (also called the Taiwan Triangle) south of Japan is also a source of missing ships and planes, and appears on Sanderson’s map (upper left corner, difficult to make out). The Devil’s Sea has long been known to Asian sailors, and according to some reports, shortly after World War II the Japanese fleet lost several ships in the area prompting the government to declare the region unsafe for travel.

It would be easy to disregard Sanderson’s maps, but the man wasn’t your usual crackpot. He worked for the British Naval Intelligence during World War II and traveled extensively as a young man. He was an early follower of Charles Fort, and established the Ivan T. Sanderson Foundation, which eventually became the Society for the Investigation of the Unexplained (SITU) in 1967.
Others have refined Sanderson’s work, coming up with ten vile vortices instead of twelve. These they sometimes claim are the “corners of the world”.

The meaning behind the vortices is unknown, and there are as many theories as people who study them. Sanderson’s interest was more in cryptozoology, a term he himself coined. However, everything from ley lines to magnetic field fluctuations have been used to explain the seemingly mysterious nature of the various vortices.

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud."

- C.G.Jung

Is science afraid of ghosts?

A HUNDRED years ago, one of the most ambitious of research projects was launched, a study that linked scholars and mediums on three continents. Its purpose was to discover whether living humans could talk to dead ones.
Newspapers described the work as "remarkable experiments testing the reality of life after death." The scholars involved included William James, the famed American psychologist and philosopher, and Oliver Lodge, the British physicist and radio pioneer. They saw evidence for the supernatural -- in this world and perhaps the next.

In one instance they made a request to an American medium while she was in a trance. The request was in Latin, a language the medium did not speak. The instructions included a proposal that she "send" a symbol to a British medium. During her next trance session, the American began asking about whether an "arrow" had been received. Later, comparing notes, the researchers discovered that during the American's first trance, the English psychic had suddenly begun scribbling arrows. It was only after a series of similar, equally unexpected results that the researchers published their findings.

Could any study produce results more provocative, more worth pursuing -- more forgotten -- a century later? For many, the dismissal of such Victorian research represents a triumph of modern science over superstition. But -- and I admit that this is an unusual position for a mainstream science writer -- I believe that it may instead represent a missed opportunity, a lost chance to better understand ourselves and our world.

Curiosity about the supernatural has not diminished over the last century. The last few years have, in fact, seen a surge in occult-themed TV, including such popular dramas as "Medium," parodies such as "Psych" and reality-themed shows featuring professional mediums or paranormal investigators. On the radio, "Coast to Coast AM with George Noory" focuses on supernatural issues and boasts 2.5 million listeners. Paranormal organizations, schools for mediums and practicing psychics flourish.

What has diminished is the interest of academic researchers on a par with James and his colleagues -- and, correspondingly, the quality of the science. Yes, there are paranormal investigators using modern technology to hunt for the heat signature (in the infrared) of ghosts or the energy of a spectral communication (electronic voice phenomena). There are even a few accomplished university scientists exploring the supernatural, although often on the side and covertly. But there's nothing as sophisticated, at least in design, as the Victorians' work.

In addition to the ambitious "cross-correspondence" study cited earlier, the Victorian scholars ran an international survey of reported ghost sightings, particularly those tied to the death of a relative or friend. Tens of thousands of people in multiple countries were interviewed; hundreds of volunteers sifted through the reports, rejecting those that lacked independent witnesses or documentation. They concluded that "death visitants" occurred more than 400 times above chance.

By comparison, a telepathy study, presented this month at an annual meeting of the British Assn. for the Advancement of Science, involved 63 people asked to say in advance which of four friends or relatives was calling on the telephone. The answers were 45% correct, which, the researchers pointed out, was considerably above the 25% expected through chance.

I confess that this a rather silly and unconvincing experiment -- too small and too poorly controlled to prove anything. But I've seen plenty of orthodox research studies that made claims based on even sketchier experiments. So it doesn't convince me, as it did a host of angry British scientists, that telepathy is merely "a charlatan's fancy." It convinces me that we need smarter science on all levels.

Why do so many people report visions, voices or sensations of friends or relatives at the moment of the other's death? Is it wishful thinking, hallucination, undiagnosed mental illness, a human tendency to stamp meaning onto events, a remarkable pattern of liars, genuine telepathy, a visiting ghost? All those possibilities have been raised, and none have been adequately researched.

"Either I or the scientist is a fool with our opposing views of probability," James wrote. The risk of appearing foolish, he believed, was the least of the dangers. There was also the risk of failing to investigate the world in all its dimensions, or making it appear smaller and less interesting than it really is. He worried about a time when people would become "indifferent to science because science is so callously indifferent to their experiences." He worried that a close-minded community of science could become a kind of cult itself, devoted to its own beliefs and no more.

And, as should be obvious here, I have come to agree with him.

I really think that there is scientific worth in researching "ghosts". While I cannot say what ghosts are given their nature, I think a big turn off for me is the suggestion there is any consciousness to them, that they are the souls of people who lived. This idea is in direct conflict with everything I have come to know.

Its odd that sciences very nature is about asking questions and that here, on this topic its shunned.

Ghosts could be like old data files on hard drives that never really disappear, their location is simply removed.

I really think that there is scientific worth in researching "ghosts". While I cannot say what ghosts are given their nature, I think a big turn off for me is the suggestion there is any consciousness to them, that they are the souls of people who lived. This idea is in direct conflict with everything I have come to know.

Its odd that sciences very nature is about asking questions and that here, on this topic its shunned.

Ghosts could be like old data files on hard drives that never really disappear, their location is simply removed.

Well, exactly...what is their true nature? Is it us that is creating them somehow?
Are they just a record-groove in space-time?
Having experienced them first-hand and with witnesses to boot, I can tell you that there is something there...it’s hard to explain it to people who have never had such an experience given the taboos of today.

1017002_483411698453129_5921399761852168893_n.png

I'm not making fun of any of the experiences posted here.....
i saw this....laughed....and just had to post it here.

1010304_10151981313575684_1419296268_n.jpg

I'm not making fun of any of the experiences posted here.....
i saw this....laughed....and just had to post it here.

1010304_10151981313575684_1419296268_n.jpg

I doubt anyone would take offense...lol....I love his little teeth showing...lololol.

Amazing Resonance Experiment — The Sacred Geometry Of Sound

This experiment is the Chladni plate experiment. It uses a tone generator, a wave driver (speaker) and a metal plate attached to the speaker. First add sand to the plate then begin playing a tone. Certain frequencies vibrate the metal plate in such a way that it creates areas where there is no vibration. The sand “falls” into those areas, creating beautiful geometric patterns. As the frequency increases in pitch the patterns become more complex.
“Cymatics” reveals a strange & beautiful symmetry at work in nature. Inspired by the work of Dr Hans Jenny, the images mirror the symmetries found throughout the natural world, from the hidden shapes buried within snowflakes to the massive hexagonal cloud formations found on Saturn.
“If you want to understand the universe, think of energy, frequency, and vibration.” — Nikola Tesla

[video=youtube;wvJAgrUBF4w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wvJAgrUBF4w[/video]​

5 Strategies for Keeping Your Sanity in This Insane World

5555.jpg

Some of us have achieved a balance of sorts in these dark times, and have grown to be able to view the world as it is, honestly acknowledging all of its suffering, yet somehow maintaining a healthy connection to happiness and inner peace. In part, that’s really what this website is about, developing the grace and strength to ride out that often times thin line between terror and joy in a world that held hostage by chaos, confusion, fear, destruction and madness.

The recent suicide of the renowned investigative reporter Michael C. Ruppert is a shocking reminder of just how thin that line can be at times. Michael Ruppert was a figure who, for decades, had tirelessly exposed the corruption in government, and the horrifying truths behind the environmental calamities we are facing. He was a person who helped to expose 9/11 truth, and someone who was compelled to gather a set of facts and not permit delusion color his interpretation of them. For this, he will be missed amongst the alternative media, and the fact that such a leader in the truth movement could crack under the pressure and take his own life is a reminder of just how devastating truth can be on the human psyche.

The earthly world is a cauldron for the soul, and the spiritual side of human kind is being sincerely put to the test these days. Some say these are the end times, others say this is the Kali Yuga, but, as people who feel concerned enough with truth and refuse to engage in denial, it is essential that we restructure and maintain our personal lives in such a way that inner peace is the norm, not the exception.

The last podcast that Michael Ruppert hosted, recorded just hours before he took his own life, can be listened to here. It is rather dark, in retrospect, as you can feel the despair in his words and in his voice. He says conceals his good-bye, offering his gratitude to many of the truth seekers that he had met on his path. He also speaks directly about how his life had absorbed so much ugly truth that he could no longer awaken each day without experiencing complete terror, and how he could no longer sit in public watching people go by without projecting onto them only all of the horrible things he had come to learn of the world.

He is not alone in his dark perceptions, and it is easy to forget how common it is for people to find themselves in similar frames of mind, filled with dread, doom, gloom, despair, sorrow, worry, fear, often just underneath a veil of feigned happiness.

For those out there who may be experiencing life in a similar manner these days, fully consumed with the bad news out there, seemingly completely disconnected from source, felling totally at the whims of dark and powerful forces, it is crucial to remember the value of life and the value of our precious personal time in this cauldron. As a practical matter of achieving this awareness, there are things that people can consider and focus on to alleviate the fear, anxiety, and concern of living in these interesting times.

1. Tune out, take a break — If things are seeming dark, unrelenting and hopeless, and all that you can see is the bad news happening in our world, take a break. Turn off the TV, the computer, stop talking about it all, and find something else entirely to occupy your attention, at least for a bit.

2. Re-connect with nature — Get outside, leave the city, take a vacation and visit some place beautiful. Mother nature, although she is under duress right now, still has plenty of beauty and joy to give, and there are many places still to get away and re-connect to the natural rhythms of the earth and the plant and animal kingdoms.

3. Re-build your routines — The mind is a creature of habit, and a persistent dark mood is as much a matter of habit as anything else. The mind can become addicted to negative thoughts and grim ideas, and what we think, we find, so when the mind is in a serious negative rut, one will attract news and sentiments that reflect and support this. Change your habits to give yourself some space to alter your routines. Take a break from hanging out with the same people, change your homepage on your internet browser, listen to new music, get up earlier than usual. Any way that you can shock the mind into having to adopt new patterns will help to overcome the despair and fear that our society encourages.

4. Practice inner peace — There are many tools one can quickly learn and play with in order to cultivate a sense of peace and overcome the darkness that can so easily overcome us. The best approach is to consider that each day is a new and unique opportunity to achieve peace, and as such, starting early with a practice before you do anything else has the power to affect your whole day. Give yourself at least a few minutes each morning to re-program your mind for inner peace. Find a simple meditation practice that you can do before you start your normal day, teach yourself how to express gratitude for life before you set off to your work, learn to give thanks for whatever you can think of, no matter how insignificant seeming. Doing this before setting about the business of this world will help you to attract an entirely different energy into your life.

5. Join a new positive group of people- The power of being around positive, honest, and hard-working people is unrivaled. In my case, joining a martial arts school completely healed me of the despair associated with constantly acknowledging the hard truths of our world. Yoga, meditation, or any other kind of interesting group of non-dramatic, positive, energetic people can help you to recalibrate your sense of well-being.

These are just a few things that came to mind when pondering the value of life, and the practice of life, after hearing the discouraging news about the fate of Michael Ruppert. Ideas have the power to change people’s lives, and these are just a few ideas I’m offering to the world with the hopes of helping someone to mitigate the pain and suffering of being in and of this insane, yet, breathtaking world.

Now Michael Ruppert...he was that ex LAPD cop who exposed the CIA involvement in drug trafficking?

I don't know enough about the circumstances of his death but when i heard about it my first thoughts were that he had been murdered

Found with a single gunshot wound to the head....i don't know but considering the things he's said over the years i think its worth considering that it might not have been suicide

Back