Snowflakes

Are you a snowflake given this definition?

• Yes, I am a snowflake

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No, I am not a snowflake

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I just love people, and prefer not to arbitrarily negatively label my fellow human beings

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay... so is the republican party going to change it's name because it was founded in an age before women could vote and therefore is misogynistic in its foundations?
No. Fundamentally I don't think a rational, feeling and decent human could possible question that slavery is wrong on every level. Not allowing women to vote was nothing compared to that.
I mean the Democratic party is like Hitler's SS walking around to this day calling themselves the SS. "Oh but we've changed.' Your name still represents all that was done before you though.

So in light of this new sensitivity are we going to refrain from using the word 'democratic' in any context? Like when discussing that we have a government that is elected by the people are we going to shy away from calling our government 'democratic'?
Our government is not democratic, it is republic.
I am all for calling "democrat" a slur made in disgust where I can't see it belonging anywhere where else.

Our government is not democratic, it is republic.
I am all for calling "democrat" a slur made in disgust where I can't see it belonging anywhere where else.

Uh... "democracy/democratic" existed long before the political party of the same name did. It's a very basic thing. And yeah, the US is a republic, but guess what, the two things aren't mutually exclusive - the US is a democratic republic. That's an extremely obvious fact, one of the most basic things anyone could possibly know about this country.

A democracy is "a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives." How could you possibly dispute that this applies to the US? It's mind-boggling.

That which cannot absorb, process, or even really hear information that doesn't mesh with one's preconceived notions about the world, cannot be educated, despite the earnest and numerous attempts of many. However, as has been mentioned, at least we can provide a counter-voice, so that those who venture here at least see an opposing side.

Oftentimes, it's really not the views themselves that are the frustrating part, it's the consistent inability to carry on a proper discussion, or really even a discussion at all. Godspeed to all those fighting the good fight, though.

Preach!!!

Uh... "democracy/democratic" existed long before the political party of the same name did. It's a very basic thing. And yeah, the US is a republic, but guess what, the two things aren't mutually exclusive - the US is a democratic republic. That's an extremely obvious fact, one of the most basic things anyone could possibly know about this country.

A democracy is "a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives." How could you possibly dispute that this applies to the US? It's mind-boggling.

Thank you for saying exactly what I was planning to say, but far more eloquently.

Remember how I "accused" you of insulting others intelligence/calling others snowflakes before and you claimed that you had/would never....

Yeah.

giphy.gif

Remember how I "accused" you of insulting others intelligence/calling others snowflakes before and you claimed that you had/would never....

Yeah.

Link it!

I'll have to do some searching. I can't remember exactly which thread that was in.

Edit:
That was easier than I thought.
https://www.infjs.com/threads/the-impeachment-of-donald-j-trump.33631/page-12

And in regards to this post, where he denies it... https://www.infjs.com/threads/the-impeachment-of-donald-j-trump.33631/page-12#post-996123

This thread covers the "snowflake" accusation pretty easily. And then just this morning:

This is the face of your standard liberal. Insane of course.

https://infjs.com/threads/irrelevan...n-the-modern-world.32842/page-10#post-1045855

This is just in one day. It's exasperating and tiring, the same slurs day after day. It's just one more thing that makes it difficult to have a discussion, when it's started with vitriol, like a broken record. Sometimes I am a bit concerned, because it seems to be spiraling and getting worse and worse over time, this fixation.

And in regards to this post, where he denies it... https://www.infjs.com/threads/the-impeachment-of-donald-j-trump.33631/page-12#post-996123

This thread covers the "snowflake" accusation pretty easily. And then just this morning:

https://infjs.com/threads/irrelevan...n-the-modern-world.32842/page-10#post-1045855

This is just in one day. It's exasperating and tiring, the same slurs day after day. It's just one more thing that makes it difficult to have a discussion, when it's started with vitriol, like a broken record. Sometimes I am a bit concerned, because it seems to be spiraling and getting worse and worse over time, this fixation.

And that was a year ago. I think it first ramped up in the months preceding the elections, so it's been a pretty epic trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back