what would you do if you lost everything overnight?

Thoureh

Regular Poster
MBTI
INFJ
Since where I live is prone to earthquakes, I tend to think about this stuff 😅… I wonder if I survive a deadly accident like an earthquake (it could be flood or any other natural disaster) and lose everything overnight what should I do next?

I think it is like a rebirth (with this difference that we have all our experiences and knowledge) … it is like a new beginning … I am not afraid of starting over … actually, I am used to it 😎

Well, I think first of all I try to regain some of my stuff from the ruins (especially my IDs, hard drive, and laptop) 😂… then I will look for a job --> save money --> start a new life … of course that is the best scenario 😙, because if I get injured the plan would be different🤪 … I hope I do not get injured😇

What would you do?

Last edited:
Having grown up in poverty and the whole broken home experience I've already been though this a few times already including losing a home to fire. Will say that I do envy those who've had "normal" without having to gone through hell at some point or another.

Having grown up in poverty and the whole broken home experience I've already been though this a few times already including losing a home to fire. Will say that I do envy those who've had "normal" without having to gone through hell at some point or another.
I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties in your life, and I hope you are doing well now 😇
but I think we should proud of ourselves 😎people like us are brave enough to live in any situation and start all over again ...we do not afraid of anything 💪

Last edited:
Save what you can save.
Mourn your losses - but not for too long.
Then do what you can to endure and be more resilient.

(kind of went through something like this in 2007, in a sense)

Dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight ..............
No, maybe not.

Depends what I'd lost. Possessions cling, and at my age, maybe it's time to start scaping them off anyway. My pension and savings mean I could find somewhere else to live easily enough.

If I lost everything though - pension and savings as well as property - then I'm not sure. When we are old, the options become very limited - maybe that's when that mystic dance becomes a more serious proposition. But not with the Devil .......

Family. I live in the moment most of the times, and the future isn't a concern because ... the decisions I made are all based on a decent amount of forward thinking already. Most of my personal possessions are replaceable and I have comprehensive home owners' insurance which includes electronics etc. A lot of memorabilia is digitized and protected on the cloud.

We have financial and physical safety nets. My wife has an extremely secure job, and I have a good amount of savings. But if worst comes to worse, we have my family to fall back on as we're a close-knit unit, each having our own homes and we can put each other up for an extended period on a moment's notice.

Dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight ..............
No, maybe not.

Depends what I'd lost. Possessions cling, and at my age, maybe it's time to start scaping them off anyway. My pension and savings mean I could find somewhere else to live easily enough.

If I lost everything though - pension and savings as well as property - then I'm not sure. When we are old, the options become very limited - maybe that's when that mystic dance becomes a more serious proposition. But not with the Devil .......
First response: Dance... LOL.LOL!😂

Family. I live in the moment most of the times, and the future isn't a concern because ... the decisions I made are all based on a decent amount of forward thinking already. Most of my personal possessions are replaceable and I have comprehensive home owners' insurance which includes electronics etc. A lot of memorabilia is digitized and protected on the cloud.

We have financial and physical safety nets. My wife has an extremely secure job, and I have a good amount of savings. But if worst comes to worse, we have my family to fall back on as we're a close-knit unit, each having our own homes and we can put each other up for an extended period on a moment's notice.
Prepared. Nice!😉

Back