Corona / Wuhan virus

Maybe defunding the WHO wasn't a smart idea then.

Again, never said it was.

I think its a terrible idea. They should have waited until the virus was over and then had a stern talk with the WHO about their conduct (which was questionable, few can deny the fact).

But again, none of that addresses the points I'm making.

Again, never said it was.

I think its a terrible idea. They should have waited until the virus was over and then had a stern talk with the WHO about their conduct (which was questionable, few can deny the fact).

But again, none of that addresses the points I'm making.
It does when considering the supply chains you are speaking of.

@slant
@ReasonEnduring

Slant sorry if I was a bit harsh there - I apologize.
I wish you all the luck and good health.
:<3white:

ReasonE, same to you.
We obviously have differing opinions and I can respect that from you both.
I don't wish to argue in circular patterns while no one feels heard.
Let's just drop it for now.

Have a wonderful evening both of you.

It does when considering the supply chains you are speaking of.

How?

First the WHO said NOT to shut down until Italy's infections overtook China and THEN declared a Pandemic and said everyone should close borders.

The WHO doesn't fund local businesses in Europe, Africa, Asia.

That's a government level issue. WHO just provides medical equipment and advice (poor as it was).

If governments don't support local businesses because they don't have the economic power of the US, those businesses disappear.

Hence without the business power of the US, putting the money in the right places to keep supply chains open, the lines collapse.

Its how economics works. Its a tray of spinning plates and if one drops they all can.

@slant
@ReasonEnduring

Slant sorry if I was a bit harsh there - I apologize.
I wish you all the luck and good health.

ReasonE, same to you.
We obviously have differing opinions and I can respect that from you both.
I don't wish to argue in circular patterns while no one feels heard.
Let's just drop it for now.

Have a wonderful evening both of you.

As you wish friend.

Just watched Kelly Ann Conway, an advisor to the president. . .she was upset that the WHO did not learn from all the other Corona Viruses, this is 19 after all ,not number 1. . these people are being paid to manage the government, and the pandemic. .so...do I trust or believe anything that comes from the administration? hell to the no, it is a moron convention in the white house, and we are fools to follow anything they say or suggest. .

Just watched Kelly Ann Conway, an advisor to the president. . .she was upset that the WHO did not learn from all the other Corona Viruses, this is 19 after all ,not number 1. . these people are being paid to manage the government, and the pandemic. .so...do I trust or believe anything that comes from the administration? hell to the no, it is a moron convention in the white house, and we are fools to follow anything they say or suggest. .

In the UK we like to imagine a timeline where Ed Miliband won against David Cameron.

No Cameron means no Brexit.

Would be interesting to see a world with different leaders in 2020. A stronger Europe. A less divided US. Hopefully we'll get back to it.

This evil excuse for a POTUS needs to be gone next year...WTF Murica!?
You want to have any remaining shred of national pride?
You want the world to respect us?
We have to start acting like humans then.
Starting with the ones elected to "represent" us.
The immoral asshole Trump is destructive and is leading us and the world down a pathway to exponential suffering.
Pulling funding from WHO to shift the blame for his own incompetence.
Narcissistic cockpuppet.

View attachment 66565

When posting maps, please add a disclaimer that the numbers reported by China are significantly off, some say by up to 14x the numbers reported.
I wish everyone would just stop using their numbers at all, it's like painting a landscape and tossing a Cartman figure in the middle of it to show size.

Also, helps to see numbers in terms of percentage of population and adjusted for lack of testing. The latter is the hard part as no area likes to say they've not tested.

The virus does not stay within state borders.
If one state fucks it up, they fuck it up for all.
The curve is barely plateauing, it is not dropping yet, it still continues to rise daily.
Yesterday was the highest death toll in the US so far - 2400+ in 24 hours.
100+ an hour.
The US leads the world in the death toll.
Spread out across the country it may not seem like that much, but if you relax social distancing and what has been implemented now it will continue to rise and definitely not stay level or go down.
It needs to begin to drop before we should consider relaxing safety measures.
If you are cool with reopening where you live then I wish you all the luck in the world.

Every area is unique. There are cities who may be able to open up areas, and still need to keep other areas closed. Most places with projects will be like this simply due to the close living conditions and run down facilities. Some other locations may wish to stay isolated longer. I know there is discussion where I live that the island residents don't want to be open to the public this summer. Small local businesses have even been offered support from some of the wealthier residents to stay closed.

Not if the most at risk people are staying at home. We already have a ton of asymptomatic people running around here anyway.

Also we are able to test to see if people are infected at the border even if they are asymptomatic

One of the arguments with with what you are saying is that many of the people with antibodies are the ones who were out and about and defying orders while the rest of us stayed in. Now you're rewarding them by saying they get to continue being out and about, earning income while those at risk STILL have to stay quarantined. Nice. Welcome to team Trump, the motto: "We don't give a shit about you. Pass the fries."

When posting maps, please add a disclaimer that the numbers reported by China are significantly off, some say by up to 14x the numbers reported.
I wish everyone would just stop using their numbers at all, it's like painting a landscape and tossing a Cartman figure in the middle of it to show size.

Also, helps to see numbers in terms of percentage of population and adjusted for lack of testing. The latter is the hard part as no area likes to say they've not tested.

Every area is unique. There are cities who may be able to open up areas, and still need to keep other areas closed. Most places with projects will be like this simply due to the close living conditions and run down facilities. Some other locations may wish to stay isolated longer. I know there is discussion where I live that the island residents don't want to be open to the public this summer. Small local businesses have even been offered support from some of the wealthier residents to stay closed.

One of the arguments with with what you are saying is that many of the people with antibodies are the ones who were out and about and defying orders while the rest of us stayed in. Now you're rewarding them by saying they get to continue being out and about, earning income while those at risk STILL have to stay quarantined. Nice. Welcome to team Trump, the motto: "We don't give a shit about you. Pass the fries."

Well...throw a giant red blob on Russia too then.
I agree.
I'm stepping away from this thread for a bit...I lost my cool with @slant and feel like shit for it.
I'll be back and properly reply to you soon!
Take care.

Last edited:

Indeed. China be lying.

And yes, analyse each area seperately. Only a crazy person would open New York or California tomorrow but other states and cities should be judged appropriately.

Nice. Welcome to team Trump, the motto: "We don't give a shit about you. Pass the fries."

I don't know @slant 's political position but that seems a bit harsh.

I don't think it was harsh at all. Just a reflection of her attitude here.

I can't comment on the anti-virus stuff, its not a field I have enough knowledge to comment on. Could be bad science, unsure.

But not all people who agree with positions of the government are Trump supporters.

And not all Trump supporters are the scum of the Earth.

Some are, but then again, so are some Democrats.

Opinions are opinions. I doubt there are many who actively want to exterminate their fellow man. Few of us have the medical knowledge AND economic knowledge to know the best course of action anyway.

And it does require both. This virus doesn't exist in a vacuum.

As a side note, Phase 1 opening GYMS doesn't seem like a smart idea.

That should be Phase 2 at th earliest.

I will say that they weren't necessarily defying orders. The truth is we don't actually know how early coronavirus hit certain areas. There is evidence to suggest it may have been around as early as November/December here. A lot of people got deathly sick but because most of our population is Young I suspect that's why we didn't get a lot of deaths hence why the alarm bells weren't rung earlier. I get what you're saying but I don't think that people having the antibodies necessarily means they did something wrong to be infected; a lot of people could have be infected before the quarantine without symptoms, some people may have gotten it at a store...etc. that is a huge speculation there. We're not rewarding anyone. It's not a "reward" to open the economy.... It's just what has to be done eventually.

Just dropping this off...
Goodnight!

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 10.35.27 AM.webp

I would be interested in where those statistics are shown, please.
I already posted about it but I'll post more links since it concerns us all getting screwed - https://www.infjs.com/threads/corona-wuhan-virus.37044/page-91#post-1264081

How Some Rich Americans Are Getting Stimulus ‘Checks’ Averaging $1.7 Million
https://www.forbes.com/sites/shahar...ting-17-million-stimulus-checks/#7d52bd0c665b

Tax change in coronavirus package overwhelmingly benefits millionaires,
congressional body finds

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/tax...ionaires-congressional-body-finds/ar-BB12BVAL

Tax provision in coronavirus stimulus will mostly benefit wealthy: Study

One tax code change in the coronavirus stimulus law could help rich Americans.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tax...mulus-benefit-wealthy-study/story?id=70154846

REVEALED: More than 80 per cent of a Republican tax provision hidden in the coronavirus relief act will go directly to millionaires and billionaires - as it is branded a 'rotten, un-American giveaway'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...irus-relief-act-Republicans-millionaires.html
  • Nearly 82 percent of a Republican tax provision hidden away in the coronavirus relief fund will go to the nation's millionaires and billionaires
  • Analysis by the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) discovered the tax suspension overwhelmingly benefits high earners
  • JCT determined that only less than three percent of the benefits will go to Americans earning less than $100,000 per year
  • Comparatively, 82 percent of the benefits of the provision will be received by those who earn $1 million or more annually
  • Suspending the limitation is set to cost taxpayers $90 billion this year alone
  • The investigation was prompted after reports surfaced that Trump, Jared Kushner, and others in his inner circle could also be key beneficiaries
Analysis Reveals 'Rotten, Un-American Giveaway' GOP Buried in COVID-19 Relief Package to Overwhelmingly Benefit Millionaires
"It's a scandal for Republicans to loot American taxpayers in the midst of an economic and human tragedy," declared Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse.
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/04/14/analysis-reveals-rotten-un-american-giveaway-gop-buried-covid-19-relief-package

Bonanza for Rich Real Estate Investors, Tucked Into Stimulus Package

A small change to tax policy could hand $170 billion in tax savings to real estate tycoons.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/26/business/coronavirus-real-estate-investors-stimulus.html

Need anymore?

Last edited:
Back