Death throes of liberal America.

@Eventhorizon what are your thoughts on the political correctness movement? I don't just mean the liberal arm of it, I mean the two pronged claw of bible folks & college students working together to sterilize art, opinions, and even language.
This requires a long response and I don't Really have the time to write a book.
The problem humans face is understanding what drives them and trying to correct what nature has built into them via a billion years of evolution.
There is a drive to group together because groups help ensure survival. Those humans that look most like us are more likely to be sympathetic to us staying alive. We have a tendency to kill or shun that which is different then us. Whether that be bone structure, skin color, semitry of facial features etc makes no difference. People say racism when in reality this is what drives and creates the effect that leads to racism. The issue lay much deeper on a foudational level though and one that's not so easy to overwrite.
People...short sighted people think you can somehow just make it go away by talking about racism in schools the media etc. It's a step but it is far from a solution. Today people want to say that only white people can be or are racist or at a minimum, are racist on a far greater level than any other. Until people are willing to talk about the foundational causes openly and objectively there will never be an end of "grouping". Political correctness will not lead to any type of an actual solution to anything. It's a whitewash, a glossing over of a disjointed and jumbled picture people wish to cling to because they think it gives them some sort of power or an edge.
I'm right but my understanding is Not an understanding everyone wants. You can't force people to be open to truth. This is an cold hard fact I have slowly begun to absorb over the past few years. The sad fact is there will never be an end to grouping. The end though will be about the stronger surviving and conquring. It always has been and it always will be.

This requires a long response and I don't Really have the time to write a book.
The problem humans face is understanding what drives them and trying to correct what nature has built into them via a billion years of evolution.
There is a drive to group together because groups help ensure survival. Those humans that look most like us are more likely to be sympathetic to us staying alive. We have a tendency to kill or shun that which is different then us. Whether that be bone structure, skin color, semitry of facial features etc makes no difference. People say racism when in reality this is what drives and creates the effect that leads to racism. The issue lay much deeper on a foudational level though and one that's not so easy to overwrite.
People...short sighted people think you can somehow just make it go away by talking about racism in schools the media etc. It's a step but it is far from a solution. Today people want to say that only white people can be or are racist or at a minimum, are racist on a far greater level than any other. Until people are willing to talk about the foundational causes openly and objectively there will never be an end of "grouping". Political correctness will not lead to any type of an actual solution to anything. It's a whitewash, a glossing over of a disjointed and jumbled picture people wish to cling to because they think it gives them some sort of power or an edge.
I'm right but my understanding is Not an understanding everyone wants. You can't force people to be open to truth. This is an cold hard fact I have slowly begun to absorb over the past few years. The sad fact is there will never be an end to grouping. The end though will be about the stronger surviving and conquring. It always has been and it always will be.
.... You're all right cat...

Franken will not resign, but 'embarrassed and ashamed' over misconduct allegations

Of course you won't resign you disgusting excuse for a human. Fine, you'll be forced out then.

Franken will not resign, but 'embarrassed and ashamed' over misconduct allegations

Of course you won't resign you disgusting excuse for a human. Fine, you'll be forced out then.

JUST BECAUSE YOU YELL VITRIOL, IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU'LL BE HEARD ANY BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!1!1!!!1!@_<*;:$#$

JUST BECAUSE YOU YELL VITRIOL, IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU'LL BE HEARD ANY BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!1!1!!!1!@_<*;:$#$
No. But vitrol is a bit dramatic don't you think?

Besides It's this or actually taking the time.to find Franken and yell it to his face.

I mean I get @Eventhorizon isn't terribly popular on the subject of politics but I haven't seen a lot of rational argument against his stance on Franken, you guys just seem to get upset with him.

I don't agree with a lot of his opinions but i'm not upset with him.

I'm only upset with his escalation of promoting his own agenda
How is that upsetting? Assuming you have an agenda isn't promoting it what you're doing too? Doesn't everybody on Earth have an agenda even if they're sometimes radically different from everyone else's? Wyote, I like you a lot but I don't understand what you're on about in this thread.

I think EH and all of you who have fought against him in this thread devolve into throwing insults too quickly. It doesn't matter who started it, once someone starts veering off topic and insulting the other person, you call attention to it without any attitude because it's a sign the other person doesn't have a logical point, they're getting nasty because they're out of ideas. Instead you all get nasty back and then get upset with the results. Shocking that escalating hostilities leads to more hostility. Now get back on topic and cut out the insults and have an actual conversation or i'm turning this thread around and taking you all back home. No McDonalds, no Chuck E. Cheese, Just bedtime at 3 in the afternoon.

Hey everyone! Non U.S. citizen here.

I was wondering if somebody could give me a definition of 'conservative' and 'liberal' from an American perspective. Because based on what I read on this thread, I'm under the impression that the terms mean something quite different from what they mean in Europe. Help appreciated. After that, I should be able to contribute some substantial opinions.

Back