Trump will win again

C.S Lewis once said something like "A dentist that heals a single toothache does more good for the world than a thousand of a dreamers that theorize of a world without dental problems".

I think this single sentence destroys silly ideas like international communism and pacifism. These are not serious ideas.

We need to be realistic and understand our enemies. Lack of adversarial thinking brought us the the conflict in Ukraine and closer to nuclear destruction than anytime since Cold War. We need serious people in charge now, certainly not a "Kamala".

“extraordinary genius”

dck7Xwk.jpeg

I still cannot get my head around the fact that some people around here cannot even think about or entertain the idea that the immigrants could do something bad. This is an eye-opener for me. The indoctrination is very deep and it also shows a complete lack of adversarial thinking.

It's scary, honestly.

Maybe that's a feeler enneagram type 9, I don't know
Yes, the indoctrination is in every aspect of social society. The more people are tuned in the deeper the grip. Because most people have picked a side or see themselves as this or that. They create their own separation from things that are different. Think about how many ways the population is now divided. it is easy to get lost in the details and lose your direction thru the forest. It gets thick so try to zoom out and look at things from expanded perspective. Then the endless and ever growing list of events they can create at will. If people reject or start to push back on one thing, they will just rotate to the next shiny object. Remove all attention from what was rejected and it will fade into the mist. This all feels planned out. Now It feels more like a farm pen than my country of origin. Like a rancher moves his herds. They just move Vast numbers (30-50M) of humans around the world. That is a massive undertaking. You know for certain it is not being paid for by those crossing the border. So who is funding this? It most certainly is not organic. Then mixing cultures that are completely different and foreign to each other, also with a language gap. It's not the migrants fault really. I dont blame anyone for accepting free citizenship, a chance to walk away from your current situation, get 20 grand on a debit card. 150k zero interest housing loan, Free housing vouchers, insurance, medical, dental, food vouchers. Drivers License, SSN, Medicad within 1st week on US soil. But, It only makes sense because it's a bribe with strings attached. It reveals the limitless lengths that can be reached with all the money on earth. It is being done for the election coming up. But after that how does this unfold then? It feels like the US is in the process to be broken up now. The US and Nato are desperate to prevent Brics from becoming the global standard replacing the dollar. I think they will attack Russia before they allow that to happen. It also seems that countries around the world see weakness in America and would like to get the US thumb off their backs. Feels like a karmic boomerang returning to sender. All of the US actions for decades have been for Taking not Helping.
How can things be corrected? I'm not sure its meant to be fixed but it feels it is meant to rebalance things. We will see

I still cannot get my head around the fact that some people around here cannot even think about or entertain the idea that the immigrants could do something bad.
Well of course they can. Humans gonna human.

That said, one’s conclusion might differ depending on whether one looks at individuals in specific temporal locations versus the data concerning the cohort over time.

A collection of anecdotes only becomes data with a sufficient n-sample and proper methodology.

I prefer cohort data, because it speaks to outcomes over time—the result of actually living in a community.

In the United States, the data is congruent, and extensively peer-reviewed. Immigrant populations improve the standard of living in the communities they live within. That’s both economic and sociological metric.

Focusing on specific examples such that one’s amygdala is in overdrive isn’t productive, or true to the bigger picture. That’s not to say the examples are not true—they are, and they are awful.

But if one takes the time to look at the native population before immigrant arrival, one finds a curious thing—the same kind of awful, and more of it, per population.

Given this context, fearing something bad is fair, but perhaps not justified at a level any greater than it would be for the native population. I also tend to think accepting, and working within, the world as it presents leads to better outcomes, whereas parochial attitudes do not.

Cheers,
Ian

Well of course they can. Humans gonna human.

That said, one’s conclusion might differ depending on whether one looks at individuals in specific temporal locations versus the data concerning the cohort over time.

A collection of anecdotes only becomes data with a sufficient n-sample and proper methodology.

I prefer cohort data, because it speaks to outcomes over time—the result of actually living in a community.

In the United States, the data is congruent, and extensively peer-reviewed. Immigrant populations improve the standard of living in the communities they live within. That’s both economic and sociological metric.

Focusing on specific examples such that one’s amygdala is in overdrive isn’t productive, or true to the bigger picture. That’s not to say the examples are not true—they are, and they are awful.

But if one takes the time to look at the native population before immigrant arrival, one finds a curious thing—the same kind of awful, and more of it, per population.

Given this context, fearing something bad is fair, but perhaps not justified at a level any greater than it would be for the native population. I also tend to think accepting, and working within, the world as it presents leads to better outcomes, whereas parochial attitudes do not.

Cheers,
Ian
Screenshot_20240909_010543_YouTube.webp

“Free housing vouchers, insurance, medical, dental, food vouchers. Drivers License, SSN, Medicad within 1st week on US soil. But, It only makes sense because it's a bribe with strings attached. It reveals the limitless lengths that can be reached with all the money on earth. It is being done for the election coming up……” this is not a thing,

“Free housing vouchers, insurance, medical, dental, food vouchers. Drivers License, SSN, Medicad within 1st week on US soil. But, It only makes sense because it's a bribe with strings attached. It reveals the limitless lengths that can be reached with all the money on earth. It is being done for the election coming up……” this is not a thing,

Very compelling argument.

So how then do these people that come from Haiti, one of the poorest country in the world, and ALL get housing in USA in Springfield, Ohio? And not one, but thousands at once? Did they all find a job beforehand via zoom in a tech company or something?

Explain to me how this can happen organically, please. At a time when housing is already very unaffordable and there is a lack of good, full time employment.

PS: Of course, I don't really expect a good faith reaction from you except a mocking emoji on my post.

So how then do these people that come from Haiti, one of the poorest country in the world, and ALL get housing in USA in Springfield, Ohio? And not one, but thousands at once? Did they all find a job beforehand via zoom in a tech company or something?

Explain to me how this can happen organically, please. At a time when housing is already very unaffordable and there is a lack of good, full time employment.
Obviously it started well before this, but a big push was the Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act of 1998, and later bipartisan Congressional actions to grant, and extend, Temporary Protected Status.

Those who got out were typically those with money, and skills. Of course, relative to normative US incomes, they were not wealthy, but they were of some means.

With the most recent civil disintegration in Haiti, there was further bipartisan Congressional action to facilitate a greater number of refugees, such was the need as judged.

Needless to say, that’s lacking in detail, but I only know those things from reporting on and through C-SPAN, the BBC, NPR, The Atlantic, and the Financial Times.

Cheers,
Ian

Obviously it started well before this, but a big push was the Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act of 1998, and later bipartisan Congressional actions to grant, and extend, Temporary Protected Status.

Those who got out were typically those with money, and skills. Of course, relative to normative US incomes, they were not wealthy, but they were of some means.

With the most recent civil disintegration in Haiti, there was further bipartisan Congressional action to facilitate a greater number of refugees, such was the need as judged.

Needless to say, that’s lacking in detail, but I only know those things from reporting on and through C-SPAN, the BBC, NPR, The Atlantic, and the Financial Times.

Cheers,
Ian

First, thanks for taking the time :)

So in other words, the government (I could call it deep state, but let's not) decided that they will let them enter the country. So is it so far fetched to expect that they got some special privileges and subsidies to go with that?

So in time when many Americans struggle as it is, they see this immigrants getting in and getting government support. On top of that, they don't integrate very well and maybe disturb the peace and equilibrium of the neighborhood. And then, if you see ONLY 1 of them that, say, strangles a cat, no wonder your head goes and you want them out.

I get your point of anecdotes vs the whole data set, but us humans are not really wired to think like that. One graphic example outweighs the data. Especially when a lot of us think that the data is gaslight. Just look at what kind of idiotic drivel people like Paul Krugman write. "Inflation is not so bad and data shows that is hurts rich more than the poor".

Very compelling argument.

PS: Of course, I don't really expect a good faith reaction from you except a mocking emoji on my post.
this is a free country, with freedom to associate(people talking to people), Springfield had jobs and housing for rent (that is called capitalism). the deep state's idea of benefits for refugees is granting work visa's (which is what most migrants want). Rents rose because landlords charged and got more for the available housing.

now if you want to talk about the pitfalls of Rentier capitalism i am all in, for instance...these crypto pushers want to have a currency system where citizens have to pay a subscription in order to use currency....

this is a free country, with freedom to associate(people talking to people), Springfield had jobs and housing for rent (that is called capitalism). the deep state's idea of benefits for refugees is granting work visa's (which is what most migrants want). Rents rose because landlords charged and got more for the available housing.

now if you want to talk about the pitfalls of Rentier capitalism i am all in, for instance...these crypto pushers want to have a currency system where citizens have to pay a subscription in order to use currency....

I understand how capitalism works. It's possible that it's all organic and natural, i.e that Haitians in Springfield find jobs that are on offer so both them and the employer are satisfied with the terms. Maybe. I have my suspicions but perhaps they are willing to take some sacrifices, aka they live in more crowded space and save on rent that way.

I personally think they almost certainly benefit from some government support in some way but have no way to prove that, so...I'll let that one go.

This crypto pushers sound evil. Don't worry, Lizzy Warren has an anti crypto army that will destroy them with regulation.

My mistake it not all the money on earth funding this. Lonebee it's the tax payers. My sincere apologies

Back