Corona / Wuhan virus

He's trying to take the attention away from his massive screw ups in handling this. And it's kind of working. Governors are having to make the tough calls because he didn't take it seriously months ago.
Definitely. It's working. I decided to watch Hannity last night just to see what was being said. There was a lot of "president trump gave and gave and gave everything you need. You (Dem Governors) even said thank you and the president is doing a great job. No you want more. Now he's not doing enough. You're people want to work. Blah blah blah." Then there was a segment on how china created the virus in a lab and we need to withhold all debt payments until we are paid back for our losses because they attacked us. It's ridiculous. It's disgusting. And people love it.

I guess I'm not done. .
4591 died on thursday. . .3856 died yesterday. . all I hear is how are we doing. . .I hear nothing in the way of grieving collectively for the 8447 that have died in the past 2 days. Where are the memorials where are the prayer gatherings online. . all I hear is "how are you doing and when will the economy re-start" . .I am saddened that we collectively don't seem to give a collective fuck beyond..when can we go to the beach, the gym,the salon. . .maybe there is something wrong with me but I am drowning in the death toll and the sadness of it all.. . .so "how am I doing/" . . next person that asks me that is gonna get an earful. . if you want to care about someone or something, care about the thousands that are fucking dying every day, what fucking difference does it make if I can get a haircut or go to a restaurant. . people are fucking dying. .

I guess I'm not done. .
4591 died on thursday. . .3856 died yesterday. . all I hear is how are we doing. . .I hear nothing in the way of grieving collectively for the 8447 that have died in the past 2 days. Where are the memorials where are the prayer gatherings online. . all I hear is "how are you doing and when will the economy re-start" . .I am saddened that we collectively don't seem to give a collective fuck beyond..when can we go to the beach, the gym,the salon. . .maybe there is something wrong with me but I am drowning in the death toll and the sadness of it all.. . .so "how am I doing/" . . next person that asks me that is gonna get an earful. . if you want to care about someone or something, care about the thousands that are fucking dying every day, what fucking difference does it make if I can get a haircut or go to a restaurant. . people are fucking dying. .
People have a very convenient way of dissociating when everything is presented simply as a statistic instead of highlighting the people who have passed. You hear about how people die at war, how people die of famine, how many people die from lack of resources but they're all in other countries. It's a very "not in my backyard" mentality. But now it is in your backyard so it becomes "but it's not in my kitchen!"

The victims are so many but no one is releasing any kind of information about them. Someone gets shot and people will screech about it for days. Thousands of people die and it's radio silence.

. . .maybe there is something wrong with me but I am drowning in the death toll and the sadness of it all.. . .so "how am I doing/" . . next person that asks me that is gonna get an earful. . if you want to care about someone or something, care about the thousands that are fucking dying every day, what fucking difference does it make if I can get a haircut or go to a restaurant. . people are fucking dying. .
Nope, nothing wrong with you. You are showing compassion and humanity, and that's commendable. ♡

I agree tho, we should be collectively concerned about the number of deaths. Are we going to have a monument to the dead built for this too? Someplace where the living can go to feel connected to the tragedy of loss caused by the 2020 pandemic?
(Rhetorical @Aneirin ;) not directed explicitly to you..how ya doing really? I can relate to being that upset.)

This whole experience has saddened me to the point of swinging completely in the opposite direction with my attitude being--- Go Ahead, full steam, swing the economic door wide open and flood the streets with people yelling hall-eee-lu-ya because they're back on the money train, then wait for it...wait for thousands of people to basically drop dead.

Why not? It's the perfect solution to the perfect economical storm.

Enough people die off and it creates more jobs, the food stretches farther, healthcare profiteers get stupid rich, & a host of other perks...it's win-win for The People as well as the Government Gurus, and ooo baby the Rich Elite, well they just get richer that is if they aren't dead...

but my conscious says no, wait a moment, what about all those humans that are forced back into the supply and demand circus, how do we protect those souls that evidently do not have a voice in the matter; rather they are told shush up and just do it while the Fat Wallet Assholes sit in protective front row seating, oh, remember, unless they too are dead...of course.

The largest red flag folks are missing is that this funky virus is nondiscrimantory, unlike most humans, perhaps it's that in-yer-face lesson from an incomplete organism that we're needing to pay attention to the most closely?

It needs a host.

Like most parasitic organisms it can't do its job with out us...sort of sounds like the US government right now ehe? Because they can't complete their parasitic agenda with out a host and that host is us. :wink:

Canada is not perfect, don't get me wrong. But some of the problems that so many are facing in the USA are so foreign to me. You guys actually have to debate on whether you can sacrifice hundreds of thousands of lives to save the fucking economy? I mean I'm Pro Choice but holy shit.... How did things get so bad and so fucking fragile in the USA that shutting things down for a bit cripples your entire country and leaves millions of people destitute?

I'm very sure all countries are having this same discussion, Canada included.
The US's conversations happen to be more in-our-face due to the open system and number of reporters/legislatures etc. Also, we've been taught we have a voice (no matter how incorrect that may actually be) and we use it. Hard to call US citizens as a whole "shy".

Nope, nothing wrong with you. You are showing compassion and humanity, and that's commendable. ♡

I agree tho, we should be collectively concerned about the number of deaths. Are we going to have a monument to the dead built for this too? Someplace where the living can go to feel connected to the tragedy of loss caused by the 2020 pandemic?
(Rhetorical @Aneirin ;) not directed explicitly to you..how ya doing really? I can relate to being that upset.)

This whole experience has saddened me to the point of swinging completely in the opposite direction with my attitude being--- Go Ahead, full steam, swing the economic door wide open and flood the streets with people yelling hall-eee-lu-ya because they're back on the money train, then wait for it...wait for thousands of people to basically drop dead.

Why not? It's the perfect solution to the perfect economical storm.

Enough people die off and it creates more jobs, the food stretches farther, healthcare profiteers get stupid rich, & a host of other perks...it's win-win for The People as well as the Government Gurus, and ooo baby the Rich Elite, well they just get richer that is if they aren't dead...

but my conscious says no, wait a moment, what about all those humans that are forced back into the supply and demand circus, how do we protect those souls that evidently do not have a voice in the matter; rather they are told shush up and just do it while the Fat Wallet Assholes sit in protective front row seating, oh, remember, unless they too are dead...of course.

The largest red flag folks are missing is that this funky virus is nondiscrimantory, unlike most humans, perhaps it's that in-yer-face lesson from an incomplete organism that we're needing to pay attention to the most closely?

It needs a host.

Like most parasitic organisms it can't do its job with out us...sort of sounds like the US government right now ehe? Because they can't complete their parasitic agenda with out a host and that host is us. :wink:

I hear you. Beings me back to 9-11 in a way. :(

I'm very sure all countries are having this same discussion, Canada included.
The US's conversations happen to be more in-our-face due to the open system and number of reporters/legislatures etc. Also, we've been taught we have a voice (no matter how incorrect that may actually be) and we use it.
Our PM's priority is to flatten the curve and says he will deal with our economy later. Of course it's part of the discussion - you want people to able to work and have an income and you want the economy to be healthy. However, they are not making absurd goals to open up by Easter for example. The discussion will become more prevalent as time goes on but right now it's not the focus of the politicians or the people. I think that's because the people feel our government has our best interests at heart and they're doing what they can to support us during this time.

It's just a different vibe here.

I find what's going on in the USA to be really fucking crazy. Your stimulus cheques are a slap in the face. The loans that were supposed to be made available to small businesses ran dry before many people could get them even if they applied on the first day possible. Large businesses ended up getting paid out because the banks were allowed to distribute the funds and they favoured companies that had debts with them so they could use the money to pay the debt and therefore the funds never left the banks. Why is your banking system so fucking corrupted? Why were there shitty loopholes in everything? Why is there no oversight into how stimulus funds are actually being spent? Why are people so scared of universal healthcare when it would SAVE THEM MONEY?

Canada is not perfect, don't get me wrong. But some of the problems that so many are facing in the USA are so foreign to me. You guys actually have to debate on whether you can sacrifice hundreds of thousands of lives to save the fucking economy? I mean I'm Pro Choice but holy shit.... How did things get so bad and so fucking fragile in the USA that shutting things down for a bit cripples your entire country and leaves millions of people destitute?

If I were living in the USA I'd probably find myself trying to rationalize the whole thing by letting a ton of people die. Why not just get the second wave started now? Afterall that's when the most people died during the Spanish flu. Do you have enough crematoriums to deal with your dead? Is there enough ground to bury them in? I mean why not capitalize off millions of people dying, the funeral business is going to be BOOMING. Invest in Zoom! There will be so many zoom funerals happening now... /s

Sorry, it's just fucking crazy to me.
I agree, save for being Pro Life, that America is a capitalist hot mess. It bewilders me how greedy & heartless the medical system is there, how little safety net there is for those who lose their jobs, and how screwed up the student loan system is.. amongst other things. I am so happy I live in The Netherlands now. And I was born & raised in the States... yikes.

I find what's going on in the USA to be really fucking crazy. Your stimulus cheques are a slap in the face. The loans that were supposed to be made available to small businesses ran dry before many people could get them even if they applied on the first day possible. Large businesses ended up getting paid out because the banks were allowed to distribute the funds and they favoured companies that had debts with them so they could use the money to pay the debt and therefore the funds never left the banks. Why is your banking system so fucking corrupted? Why were there shitty loopholes in everything? Why is there no oversight into how stimulus funds are actually being spent? Why are people so scared of universal healthcare when it would SAVE THEM MONEY?

If I were living in the USA I'd probably find myself trying to rationalize the whole thing by letting a ton of people die. Why not just get the second wave started now? Afterall that's when the most people died during the Spanish flu. Do you have enough crematoriums to deal with your dead? Is there enough ground to bury them in? I mean why not capitalize off millions of people dying, the funeral business is going to be BOOMING. Invest in Zoom! There will be so many zoom funerals happening now... /s

Sorry, it's just fucking crazy to me.

Its because the only person offering free healthcare also wanted to ban all private healthcare and give it to illegal immigrants. That was never going to be popular.

Those candidates offering a public option (whilst allowing private options like every other country in the world) weren't backed by the big parties so if they don't get to the top, nothing happens.

*sigh* Individualism at its finest. I don't like it, so it must change.

I'll be watching from the North as your people are sent back to work and millions of you die I guess.

A pandemic holocaust.

To be fair, the motherland isn't fairing so great right now either. UK is at over 15,000 and rising and we have the NHS.

Our PM's priority is to flatten the curve and says he will deal with our economy later. Of course it's part of the discussion - you want people to able to work and have an income and you want the economy to be healthy. However, they are not making absurd goals to open up by Easter for example. The discussion will become more prevalent as time goes on but right now it's not the focus of the politicians or the people. I think that's because the people feel our government has our best interests at heart and they're doing what they can to support us during this time.

It's just a different vibe here.

Mmm. I wish the UK had someone as sensible as Canada's PM right now. Or even New Zealand...

*sigh* Individualism at its finest. I don't like it, so it must change
Really? Lol Do you honestly have a positive spin on people taking to the streets crying because their rights are being stripped away by the Democrats? That's rhetorical. I don't care where you stand on it. Because it's fucking stupid!

I agree, save for being Pro Life, that America is a capitalist hot mess. It bewilders me how greedy & heartless the medical system is there, how little safety net there is for those who lose their jobs, and how screwed up the student loan system is.. amongst other things. I am so happy I live in The Netherlands now. And I was born & raised in the States... yikes.
Communist!

Lol you act like healthcare is a right! Wtf
Ehhhh... in Holland we pay for insurance too. But not hardly what your HMOs ask. It's criminal lol.

And yes.. I do think survival is a right. You are correct. How dare an insurance company tell a family their child can go die because they don't have enough money to pay for a cancer treatment or a life saving surgery. You sound like a capitalist.

Back