Snowflakes

Are you a snowflake given this definition?

• Yes, I am a snowflake

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No, I am not a snowflake

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I just love people, and prefer not to arbitrarily negatively label my fellow human beings

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get the thread back on topic?

what, you mean how you're the greatest thing to come out of a womb, and nobody else can be taken seriously? that's rich

Why don't you post something relevant to the thread topic. What more needs to be said?
I have. Occasionally though find I have to defend myself which takes me off topic.

if you get off topic, that means you've fallen for a red herring, which just shows how ill prepared you truly are for any debate. A red herring is the most basic fallacy.

I have. Occasionally though find I have to defend myself which takes me off topic.

Well to continue the thread, you'd need to post more or it will end or be taken over.

Well to continue the thread, you'd need to post more or it will end or be taken over.
Yes. Its a tactic used. Post information or news people don't like and they bury it.

Yes. Its a tactic used. Post information or news people don't like and they bury it.

That may be a tactic used, but it's not what I said. I said if you are trying to control the direction of this thread then do it, or someone else will. What more do you have to say about snowflakes?

That may be a tactic used, but it's not what I said. I said if you are trying to control the direction of this thread then do it, or someone else will. What more do you have to say about snowflakes?
I wanted to start a discussion over why Snowflakes as defined by this would think anyone would take them seriously in the world. I said that some pages ago. But ...buried.

I wanted to start a discussion over why Snowflakes as defined by this would think anyone would take them seriously in the world. I said that some pages ago. But ...buried.

I think it is obvious that people already take them seriously. The government has slowly made changes favoring many of the groups you mentioned: Occupy Wall Street, Islam, protesters of all kinds, and the victims of your generation who were supposedly raised on participation trophies. They are at least serious enough that it has inspired you to make a thread about them... well to make a thread about what a main stream media hostess had to say about them. You haven't provided much commentary on the subject.

Origin of term snowflake is interesting. FOX News and Tomi Lahren are also not conductive sources for the topic of why are you/aren't you a snowflake? It's an attack thread. It's not a discussion thread. True discussions would be presented and conducted in a neutral spirit. A topic about snowflakes used as a pejorative is not neutral.

Let's stop pretending you are capable of an intelligent conversation.... Since you've not proven yourself capable in any political thread. Maybe you are the one who needs to prove yourself.

Last edited:
I think it is obvious that people already take them seriously. The government has slowly made changes favoring many of the groups you mentioned: Occupy Wall Street, Islam, protesters of all kinds, and the victims of your generation who were supposedly raised on participation trophies. They are at least serious enough that it has inspired you to make a thread about them... well to make a thread about what a main stream media hostess had to say about them. You haven't provided much commentary on the subject.
They are taken seriously because many are violent. I take the raving lunatic on the front porch of my house seriously. I question if I will need to defend myself.

Origin of term snowflake is interesting. FOX News and Tomi Lahren are also not conductive sources for the topic of why are you/aren't you a snowflake? It's an attack thread. It's not a discussion thread. True discussions would be presented and conducted in a neutral spirit. A topic about snowflakes used as a pejorative is not neutral.

Let's stop pretending you are capable of an intelligent conversation.... Since you've not proven yourself capable in any political thread. Maybe you are the one who needs to prove you are/are not something.
That's a long article to get to the actual origin: “A snowflake was a person who was opposed to the abolition of slavery,” Brewster said. “They were called snowflakes because it said they valued white people over black people.”

That's a long article to get to the actual origin: “A snowflake was a person who was opposed to the abolition of slavery,” Brewster said. “They were called snowflakes because it said they valued white people over black people.”
Well cuz originally the Snopes article was written about how the term isn't a pejorative for Jews (upon googling origin of snowflake) So I guess @Eventhorizon has that going for him starting off there. I looked it up because I was curious of origin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back