[INFJ] This will make you rage

tenor.gif

Damn. Now I'm trippin again...

I've been watching a lot of American news and commentary, in addition to historic speeches and interviews by public figures from the civil rights era, &c., and I can't help but feel that this is a great Republic that deserves to be defended and improved with equally great effort. That what has been built - despite all the corruption - is something of value.

I'm reminded of something I saw live at the time purely by chance, but which gripped me with a sense of hope and admiration for the US - the funeral of Senator John McCain.

Obama and Bush gave the eulogies, and the whole thing struck me as a symbol of what American political culture could be sometimes. Political opponents but countrymen nonetheless, both in service to the nation as a whole.

The institutions you've built aren't completely corrupt - not yet - and reform is still possible with enough energy and faith.

I think, and I hope, that unity will prevail and the voices of the people will be heard; that the Trump administration will be seen as an aberration and that the country that has been fought for so much by now will continue to be.

Good luck Americans, we love you.

You're linking a Snopes article saying that the video in question took place in 2014 in NY and not in 2016 in Baton Rouge

I posted:
"Published December 15, 2014 • Updated on December 15, 2014 at 9:00 am
Video captured from Saturday's protests in New York City appeared to show demonstrators apparently calling for the deaths of police officers, hours before violence on the Brooklyn Bridge marred the massive march in protest of police killings of black men, including Eric Garner on Staten Island."

New York City

No mention of Baton Rouge or 2016

You're linking a Snopes article saying that the video in question took place in 2014 in NY and not in 2016 in Baton Rouge

I posted:
"Published December 15, 2014 • Updated on December 15, 2014 at 9:00 am
Video captured from Saturday's protests in New York City appeared to show demonstrators apparently calling for the deaths of police officers, hours before violence on the Brooklyn Bridge marred the massive march in protest of police killings of black men, including Eric Garner on Staten Island."

New York City

No mention of Baton Rouge or 2016
There's more info throughout the page. Info is all it is. Not a refuterism

I don't endorse revenge
I don't either. The 'conjecture' I posted stated, which can be clearly seen in your vid, that a couple/few dozen people were doing that. A few dozen people is not the entirety of the movement. And it was from nearly 6 years ago...

I don't either. The 'conjecture' I posted stated, which can be clearly seen in your vid, that a couple/few dozen people were doing that. A few dozen people is not the entirety of the movement. And it was from nearly 6 years ago...
Yes. Cannot toss out a whole movement because of a few bad apples. True

Back